Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-07-2022, 01:45 PM   #1

Television size help.....

Just got a wolf pup 14CC and am wondering what forest river was thinking with this TV mount. They didn't center it on the wall so a 24" is going to stick out into the walkway a little bit and I can't seem to find a 23".

The measurement from the center of the mount to edge of wall is 10.5", so a 22" wide TV would work. 21.5" would be better.

Anyone know of a 23" TV that may work?

I think the 16 models are the same.

The mount can be seen here:
https://forestriverinc.com/rvs/trave...9#lg=1&slide=2
carguy4471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 02:34 PM   #2

Congrats on your new Wolf Pup!

You're not alone......We often wonder "why" things are as such on these campers.

If you can't find a desired Television to fit the bracket, you may want to replace this existing bracket with a Swing Arm Bracket. And, since the location is already noted, it wouldn't be that hard just to install a different bracket.

Happy Camping!

2023 Flagstaff 206STSE
2019 Flagstaff HW29SC ( sold )
2017 Salem Cruise Lite 232RBXL ( sold )
2014 Ford 150 XLT 5.0 2wd
Briorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 03:06 PM   #3

It seems like there's a brace behind that bracket that doesn't exist a few inches to the left, so putting it where it "should" be may not be an option.
Old 02-07-2022, 03:11 PM   #4

My two cents, included pics and recommendations

Ok, so on my NOBO 19.1. I installed a second TV right off the cabinet, very similar to your setup. So the first TV is in the hallway similiar to yours on the pic above the dinette and the second I used a articulating mount, and drilled a hole for the wiring in the cabinet and ran the wires through the cabinet to the second TV hookups and it worked just fine. I have included some pics of what I would do.

My NOBO is 28 ft long but its similiar setup and layout to yours.

In the pic where the bed is. You could put in a second TV right there and it will go flat against the wall, mine did, but the mount goes off to the right and adheres to the cabinet and the hole in in the cabinet. This hides all your wiring and keeps you from having to find the aluminum stud in the frame, you just use the cabinet. I used a 22 in Roku TV and I want to say that was the smallest ROKU I could find. All wiring is hidden goes into the cabinet runs all the way through the cabinets about 6 ft through to the next set of cabinets to that TV's hookups, so I have 2 tvs. The factory one I think is 24inches and I installed a ROKU box onto it also.

Forest Rivers only mistake was the TV that came with the trailer does not swivel up and down, only side to side. You need for articulation and the ability to lock it. Mine has set screws that are thumb driven and lock, so look for that feature that way it won't flop around going down the road. Also place a fabric pillow case over it when on the road. You can buy actual TV covers that are like shower caps also , my wife found one, big fabric one that stretches over it keeps it from bangin the walls if you forget to lock it down, which will happen.

But you say, do I really need 2 TVs while I camp. My question is, "Why did you stop using a tent then?". I bake cookies also in my oven while camping. We like to rough it.

Here is a link to a similar mount I used except mine has "butterfly screws" that you can twist and lock with your thumbs so you do not have to use a screwdriver everytime you want to lock it in a different position, also look for that feature. I looked and couldn't find the one I ordered.

https://www.amazon.com/Mounting-Drea...s%2C111&sr=8-5
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wulftv1.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	202.5 KB
ID:	268612   Click image for larger version

Name:	wulfpup2re.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	228.8 KB
ID:	268613  
stephensatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 03:23 PM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy4471 View Post
It seems like there's a brace behind that bracket that doesn't exist a few inches to the left, so putting it where it "should" be may not be an option.
This would be my guess.

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 03:25 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephensatt View Post
Ok, so on my NOBO 19.1. I installed a second TV right off the cabinet, very similar to your setup. So the first TV is in the hallway similiar to yours on the pic above the dinette and the second I used a articulating mount, and drilled a hole for the wiring in the cabinet and ran the wires through the cabinet to the second TV hookups and it worked just fine. I have included some pics of what I would do.

My NOBO is 28 ft long but its similiar setup and layout to yours.

In the pic where the bed is. You could put in a second TV right there and it will go flat against the wall, mine did, but the mount goes off to the right and adheres to the cabinet and the hole in in the cabinet. This hides all your wiring and keeps you from having to find the aluminum stud in the frame, you just use the cabinet. I used a 22 in Roku TV and I want to say that was the smallest ROKU I could find. All wiring is hidden goes into the cabinet runs all the way through the cabinets about 6 ft through to the next set of cabinets to that TV's hookups, so I have 2 tvs. The factory one I think is 24inches and I installed a ROKU box onto it also.

Forest Rivers only mistake was the TV that came with the trailer does not swivel up and down, only side to side. You need for articulation and the ability to lock it. Mine has set screws that are thumb driven and lock, so look for that feature that way it won't flop around going down the road. Also place a fabric pillow case over it when on the road. You can buy actual TV covers that are like shower caps also , my wife found one, big fabric one that stretches over it keeps it from bangin the walls if you forget to lock it down, which will happen.

But you say, do I really need 2 TVs while I camp. My question is, "Why did you stop using a tent then?". I bake cookies also in my oven while camping. We like to rough it.

Here is a link to a similar mount I used except mine has "butterfly screws" that you can twist and lock with your thumbs so you do not have to use a screwdriver everytime you want to lock it in a different position, also look for that feature. I looked and couldn't find the one I ordered.

https://www.amazon.com/Mounting-Drea...s%2C111&sr=8-5
Good info! I'd really rather just drop a TV onto the factory mount and call it a day. I didn't see a 22 roku on a quick google search and a 24" would stick out into the walkway if I went that route.

With the mount being above the dinette I'd rather not add a swivel mount to it, as is you wont be able to lean your head back to far if sitting on that side of the dinette with a TV installed. A swivel would make it stick out another inch or more.

Tags
size, television