Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-18-2012, 09:29 PM   #1

The wait continues...

So when I purchased our TT, I had them check for the seemingly elusive fresh water overflow vent hose before delivery next Monday. They informed me that the hose IS there, but they found a small crack in the tank. Now I have to wait another week or two to get the TT since it takes 7-10 business days just to get the tank in.

At least they caught it now and I didnt find out when I had water dripping out of undesirable places, lol.
Rsgtivr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 10:50 PM   #2
Site Team

That's a good way at looking at it. I know it must be disappointing to wait another week or so but keep up the good spirit.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 10:56 PM   #3

Yeah, it's no biggie. Gives me another week to prep the parking spot for it next to the garage, lol. I don't absolutely need it until May 31st anyways, so they can take a little time to get it right. I Just hope thats the only issue we have for a while. However, I do expect the Touch Audio to crap out, but here's to hoping it lasts a bit...
Old 05-22-2012, 07:40 AM   #4

It will be worth the wait. I am going to tackle the vent hose project today. Good Luck with your TT, and your upcoming trip.
2 Beagles (Snoopy & Dexter)

Big Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 11:21 AM   #5

Update: Tank is repaired today, PDI tomorrow! Woot! Hauling it up to the parents afterwords for a memorial weekend family get-together. Yard camping for the night Saturday, but it will be it's first use!
Old 05-25-2012, 08:12 PM   #6

Thumbs up

So we got the TT home today without issue. I used the PDI guide found on the site here and it was a great help to make sure I checked everything. Thanks to whomever made it up(could check, but i am kind of lazy today)

I had previously asked about the freshwater vent hose, prior to original PDI, and they verified it was there and replaced the freshwater tank after they saw a crack at that time. I also brought up the Touch Audio entertainment center failure rate and when we got to the PDI today.....IT HAD THE NEW JENSEN!! WooT! She knew I had concerns about it's reliability and they had FOUR of them changed out from failure in new campers just this week! So she had them toss it in before we came today!

Great sales woman IMO. She knew I was well informed and wasn't going to just let stuff like that slide(I e-mailed her the PDI guide on Wed and was sure to tell her I was going to follow it). I found only one fault the whole PDI. The slide interior seal was not seated for over half of the length and folded down and was smashed buckled in half on the wall. I managed to get it back in the guide, but it has some deformation in the middle. They are going to order a new seal and replace it when I have time (next few weeks or so).

Overall great experience, a little tense, but it's in the driveway and getting loaded up by the GF as we speak (I am stuck at work tonight ). I will get to play with it more tomorrow at my parents house for the night and all next weekend.

Thank you all for the information on this forum. It has been a spring of knowledge that guided us through this purchase. I was glad that I could voice all of my concerns, which ultimately were from many member problems/experiences, and ensure that the camper was in top shape for delivery.

THANKS!
Old 05-25-2012, 09:43 PM   #7
Site Team

By forwarding the copy of the PDI checklist to your sales women you have trained her on what to expect from you as a customer. Can't wait to hear all about your maiden trip and remember we like pictures.

Happy Camping!

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote