Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-23-2021, 08:02 PM   #1

Tires for grey wolf 26dbh 2019

I noticed today as I’m filling the tires one has cracks so bad I’m actually gonna put the spare on Tomm, oh yeah we’re leaving for a weekend trip Tomm too, bought 2hrs away so not to far. I thought I paid attention to the wear and tear on em but apparently I haven’t or this happened during storage outdoors after our last trip a month ago. But it’s time, this is our 4th season with these tires. So I’m looking at getting the Goodyear 205/75r14 d instead of the castle rock brand that came with. I’m not a tire guy but I see Goodyear makes a 225/75r15. Any difference or just go with the 205/75r14, those are the size of the castle rock I have on now. Thanks for the help.
Olotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 07:32 AM   #2

https://tiresize.com/comparison/

There is significant size differences. Overall height goes from 26.1" to 28.3". The new ones would be more than 3/4" wider as well.

That's not to say you can't run them. Check existing clearances and see if you can account for suspension travel and then determine if you have enough room for tires that will be 1.1" taller (28.3-26.1 / 2 = 1.1")

Also, consider investing in tire covers to keep the UV rays from beating up your tires.
jesus_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 07:54 AM   #3

to use the 225/75r15 tire you mentioned you would also need to get new 15 inch rims. you currently have 14 inch rims. you'd have to check to see if the larger rims and tires would fit and have the same lug nut pattern.

Tags
26dbh, grey wolf, tire, tires