Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-03-2015, 08:25 AM   #1

TV reception on 26dbh

We have tried in 2 different state parks, and and back home. we're only able to get reception in at home. Is there a signal booster I should look into?
Mob5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 09:39 AM   #2

There should be a signal booster switch on the plate where you plug the antenna cord into. The little black button turns the booster on and a little light should come on, mine's green. Make sure you turn the booster off if you use cable or satellite connection. You also have to scan for channels on your tv (probably in your tv set up menu) every time you change locations. If your antenna rotates you need to turn it to get the strongest signal. There might be a signal strength meter in your tv's set up menu too.

Name:   RV-7042_medlrg.jpg
Views: 392
Size:  5.2 KB
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 10:49 AM   #3

Yeah, we've made sure that button is turned on. We don't have cable or satellite. We just bring DVDs for the kids. At this park, we can't even get radio stations, which we haven't had trouble with before. And our antenna is the type you don't have to turn or aim. There has to be something else we are missing. Surely, it can't really be this poor quality.
Old 04-03-2015, 11:31 AM   #4

If it's a round antenna it most likely is an OMNI DIRECTIONAL type and if it is has not received very good reviews (some on this site).
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 11:43 AM   #5

I second that, we have the 274dbh which also has the omni directional antenna and I really don't like it. The manual crank up and manual pointing we had in our old roo hybrid was way better. I recently ordered the dish tailgater since the antenna wouldn't pick up maybe 2 channels.
Aaron015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 08:58 PM   #6

My cable and antenna cable wires were backwards. Pull off the signal booster plate and the cable connection on the outside to verify.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Bradlo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 02:09 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradlo3 View Post
My cable and antenna cable wires were backwards. Pull off the signal booster plate and the cable connection on the outside to verify.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

Already did that. I start with the idiot mistakes first, and work out from there, always assuming it's something simple first. Back at home, we had more channels than we could watch. Here, nothing. Looks like we'll be buying a new antenna. *le sigh*
Old 04-09-2015, 08:02 PM   #8

I have a 27bh... It came with a wineguard omnidirectional antenna that would pull in some channels but the signal would cut in and out... Drove me nuts! I replaced it with a King Jack and it pulls in more channels and now the signal is much stronger. Wasn't very fun... I had to cut a hole in the roof and ceiling, but the end result was worth it.
mhh44107 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
reception, tv reception