Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-28-2019, 07:18 PM   #1

Upgrading to Lithium

Well, the wife and I decided to make the leap. After owning our travel trailer for over a year and putting over 5000 miles on it, we’ve decided to replace our lead acid batteries and upgrade to lithium. We’ve purchased a 100 amp hour battleborn battery, a progressive Dynamics charger/converter and victron battery monitor. We are adding as we can afford and plan to add more batteries to our battery bank when savings allow. Eventually getting a inverter as well as solar. For now we will just use 12v when boondocking and use the generator to recharge the battery as needed.
Anyone else with a Cherokee make the switch to lithium in phases like we plan on doing? Where did you place your monitor? We’re thinking about the flat panel above the refrigerator.
Open to conversation about this as I’m gathering the battery cables/ battery disconnect etc. right now. Hoping to get everything installed within the next few weeks as camping season is near!
Thanks in advance for the tips tricks and advice.
seacore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 09:27 AM   #2

Ours is a 304BH, so it’s a bit different. I just used some US Batteries (wet) to our solar install. Here’s where we put our Victron meter. I love it, and the solar controller. The Bluetooth is such a nice touch. I also put up a pic of the Harbor Freight box I doctored up and added to ours. Since yours don’t off gas, you could put yours anywhere though. Hollar if you have any questions. I’m not too far away in DE.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	06186EFF-95B0-4A9B-AA60-FCC4DA60007F.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	275.5 KB
ID:	200110   Click image for larger version

Name:	4AB553FC-F281-45FD-A17E-74558C29A1D3.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	382.2 KB
ID:	200111  
freyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 09:51 AM   #3

Sorry, dang iPhone upload made the pics sideways. Rotate head for best viewing.
freyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 10:04 AM   #4
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by freyguy View Post
Sorry, dang iPhone upload made the pics sideways. Rotate head for best viewing.
It's not the iPhone, it's this site. I upload my pictures to many sites on the Internet and this is the only one with issues.

Like the old saying goes: it's not you, it's them.

Sure wish they'd fix the problem. Has been an issue for a couple of years now.
Old 03-29-2019, 09:38 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by freyguy View Post
Hollar if you have any questions. I’m not too far away in DE.
Thank you for the offer. We’ll see how the install goes. I’m decent with electrical. It’s nice to see how others have theirs set up as to not reinvent the wheel.
Old 03-29-2019, 09:39 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
It's not the iPhone, it's this site. I upload my pictures to many sites on the Internet and this is the only one with issues.

Like the old saying goes: it's not you, it's them.

Sure wish they'd fix the problem. Has been an issue for a couple of years now.
It took me at least 5 times to get my avatar photo to post in the right orientation. The struggle is real.