Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-27-2022, 03:12 PM   #1

Valance Removal

Good day!

I have a 2022 291 RL Arctic wolf. We just took it out for our second trip. My wife thought it would be a good idea to leave the dog in the trailer alone. Not a good idea. She ate the blind. My question would be, how to remove the valance over a zebra blind?

Any help would be appreciated.

Also, unit came without a TV in bedroom. I have a mount to install. The mounting holes do not line up. Is there a specific mount for this unit? The dealership we purchased from couldn't answer the question.

Thanks.
Randy
Rivers1776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 08:43 AM   #2

Not sue I know what a zebra blind is but most times you will find small L brackets holding the valance in place, kind of a pain to get to. Are you sure you have to remove the valance to remove the blind.

What do you mean the mounting holes don't line up? On the TV? there is no requirement to use the Mfg installed bracket. Most TV mounting equipment comes with a wall bracket and a TV bracket. If you are mounting close to a slide check out the clearance before you install. On my rig I had to go with a flat mounting bracket so that the slide would not hit the TV. JMHO
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 09:25 PM   #3

i don't know how your valences are installed. i had to remove the ones in our trailer and all i can say is you become a contortionist! there were l-brackets screwed into the wall that the valences slip over and then you have to screw a screw up into the l-bracket and into the valence to hold it. i could not position the screwdriver to do this! the blind support bar was covering the hole in the l-bracket.

so i came up with a solution that is much easier, at least for me. i went to the hardware store and bought some 2 inch straight joint menders, some machine screws, washers, and nuts. the l-brackets come out perpendicular to the wall. take one of these menders and screw it into the hole in the bracket. position the mender bar at about a 45 degree angle. what you are doing is positioning the screw hole on the mender out about another inch or so from the wall. this let me slide the valence up onto the l-bracket / mender and then i could screw the mounting screw up through the hole in the mender and into the valance without the blind being in the way. the bracket carries the weight. all the screw is doing is keeping it from shifting.