Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-15-2017, 10:29 AM   #1

Warranty

I wish to know if I'm out of line. I have a 2015 Cherokee 27dbh. A year ago I had to have warranty work as the back side of my slide-out was leaking. I informed Cherokee and the local warranty dealer that the slide was too far forward. The dealer didn't think so and worked with the interior seal and replaced would work on the interior that had been damaged. Now a year later the front seal of the slide out has cracked because the slide-out and the side of the trailer are too close together. I informed the dealer of the situation and that it should be covered under warranty. Now they're charging me and state it's out of warranty so I'll have to pay up. Forest River hasn't returned my calls. Am I out of line to expect them to cover a manufacturer issue the local dealer States the slide can't be moved any further back because of the way the slide-out was installed Cherokee States it should be able to be moved back or forward to Center but it's not able to advice please
DTOrion1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 10:44 AM   #2

If you have documentation of the original incident and documentation of your concerns (proof) that the fix was not sufficient then it should be covered even though you are now out of warranty because the incident originated while under warranty. By chance did you do the 2nd year warranty with FR? If you did then it will still be covered. I would email the rep for your brand at FR and explain everything and send in any proof/documentation. Im not saying your dealer is doing it but maybe they aren't actually contacting FR about it.

Nights Camped (2018-16) (2017-16) (2016-13) (2015-13)
SuicideSaints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 12:38 PM   #3

Oh I know they didn't. He gave me Forest River's Customer Support number to call who incidentally hasn't returned my messages. FR told me last year it would be covered in the future if not fixed right but I'm stuck waiting without my TT.
DTOrion1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 07:12 PM   #4
RND

Don't hold your breath! I tried with FR too on an issue I had and called several times. Finally, got in touch with the fellow I was working with, or trying to, and he basically told me "Nothing more they can do" and have a nice day. Then hung up on me. Poor customer service and I've heard it from others too.
2012 Polaris Sportsman 500
2009 Yamaha Yz250f
RND is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
warranty