Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-06-2022, 07:45 AM   #1

water heater shut off valves

I have a 2004 Cherokee travel trailer, Model 29A, and I filled the water tank and got water to the sink and the bathroom and shower. However, the water is not getting to the water heater. I do not know where the access panel is to turn the valves. The heater is in the front left side, and there are no valves to be seen. There must be a secret spot that I have not found. Looking for help on locating the valves. I am frustrated. The shop that winterized the trailer is 60 miles away, and not open for business yet.
TOM MCBRYDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2022, 08:08 AM   #2
Site Team

Complete guess just from watching a walk-thru video but I would check either behind the drawers next to the bed or the small outdoor storage compartment right next to the water heater.

You may have to either take the drawers out or there may be some panel you can remove in the storage compartment.
Iwritecode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2022, 05:33 PM   #3

water heater

I finally found it by going through the access door on the left side and used my camera to photo the back side of the water heater. I found the valve just inches behind the heater. Turned the knob a quarter turn and the water tank started to full up. Thank you for helping me with this problem.
TOM MCBRYDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2022, 08:49 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOM MCBRYDE View Post
I finally found it by going through the access door on the left side and used my camera to photo the back side of the water heater. I found the valve just inches behind the heater. Turned the knob a quarter turn and the water tank started to full up. Thank you for helping me with this problem.
Not saying there is but did you look to verify only one valve behind the water heater?
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2022, 10:48 PM   #5

Good catch. There should be another one up higher. If the tank filled you found the cold. Now find the hot!
Capacitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2022, 07:08 AM   #6

Check valve

Only need one bypass valve if there is a check valve on outlet side of water heater.
royg6677 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2022, 09:57 AM   #7

Mine...

Quote:
Originally Posted by royg6677 View Post
Only need one bypass valve if there is a check valve on outlet side of water heater.
Our Cherokee 38P uses the two-valve scheme.
"Always bypass the water heater before opening the low-point drains."
Sticks and Bricks: Raleigh, NC
2008 Cherokee 38P: at Ivor, VA permanently
Larry-NC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heater, valve, water, water heater