Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-31-2019, 09:32 PM   #41

I suspected a leak in our bedroom of our 33ik and couldn’t find it. Talked to the service mgr at our dealership and he said to check the bolts that hold the front ac over the bedroom. A known issue that they are not tight enough either from the factory or they come loose from traveling. There apparently is a rubber seal that is between the roof and the ac unit that is supposed to keep the water out. I got up there and sure enough they were all loose. Tightened them up an the issue went away. Just a thought. Water can travel a long way before it shows up.
2018 GMC 2500 Denali

Nights camped 2018=60
Azdigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 10:01 PM   #42

Water leak - dealer can't find

I had a 2011 Heartland that leaked onto the bedroom floor every time there was a windy rain storm. The dealer took it back and stripped it down inside to repair it. The next summer I had the same issue. I searched the exterior wall to see if I could figure it out and noticed that the wire for the electric awning passed through the exterior wall above where the leak was. As it turned out the factory didn't install a rubber washer around the hole. I caulked around the wire and it never leaked again.

Dan and Carol
2019 Ram 3500 DRW/crew cab/4x4/long box
2019 Cedar Creek Hathaway 38FLX
Full timers since May 2019
Axeman49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 03:16 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc73 View Post
Should. Find that video that was posted about a recent court case in Illinois maybe. It was an interesting video of what the law required on whether you need to allow for the dealer to correct the issues.. In short you do not in Illinois (I think it was). Only good in that state, for now..
I was thinking the same thing. It was Illinois but sounds like it applies to other States as well.
Can't find the video right now but will when I find it.
RET.LEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 03:27 AM   #44

I'm having trouble finding the vid but I did find this Illinois Attorney General - Lemon Law

It protects owners of RV's also...............just Class A and C's though. Actually a pretty good law.............about the only thing good about living in Illinois now
Old 11-01-2019, 03:30 AM   #45

I found it

Old 11-01-2019, 03:50 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by ES_FR View Post
GBarrett,

We would be happy to assist you with your 2018 Grey Wolf. Because your ongoing satisfaction is very important to us, we invite you to contact Sabrina Shannon in our Customer service department through the following personalized and direct link: http://www.forestriverinc.com/Direct...73498948237265.

This direct link is provided for your convenience in order that we may resolve your concerns as quickly as possible. We will strive to respond to you within 24 hours of receiving your correspondence.

Respectfully,
Forest River
why are you not following up with what FR is asking here?
Old 11-01-2019, 04:36 AM   #47
TJG

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBarrett View Post
My 2018 Grey Wolf MK23 has had a water leak in the bedroom for quite some time. I had it into the dealer within the warranty period to have them fix it. At the time, the leak damage was small. The service department said that we must have let a sink overrun or something similar. I pulled the camper out of storage and prepped it for use when I discovered the leak damage was excessive. I took it back to the dealer and they just called me to tell me they can't find the leak anywhere and again said that I must have let a sink continuously run or something similar. They've checked the shower, which is on the other side of the wall. there are no water lines beneath the floor in that area. There is a window just above the damage, but dealer says it's not leaking there. Any ideas? I can't use it like this.
I had a leak like that and it ended up being the window seal between window frame and outside camper walls. Rain would leak inside of wall and come out on floor. I had four windows doing the same thing with the one in my slide being the worst.
I temporary repaired with narrow strip of duct tape over window frame to camper siding, and will repair if I ever get it back home (live in it for work for last 2 1/2 years so far). I tried to seal with silicon on outside with no luck so duct taped till I can remove windows and seal them right.
Tim
TJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 05:28 AM   #48
Dog

A leak in the plumbing can be eliminated by draining the system and pressure testing it. Dealer should be able to buy or make a pressure tester for the hose connection that has a tire schrader valve and a pressure gauge. These testers are available for less then $15. Add 20 pounds or air pressure and wait to see if the pressure drops. Google "plumbing pressure test kit". There are videos to show the dealer how if he hasn't already done this.

Good luck!
Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 08:31 AM   #49
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by toslow View Post
why are you not following up with what FR is asking here?
Apparently he has.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBarrett View Post
In a perfect world I see that happening but,...

I've been exchanging emails with Forest River. Since the unit is just barely out of warranty, they're barking a bit, BUT it's documented at the dealership that I brought it in well inside the warranty period and they couldn't resolve it.
Iwritecode is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 09:07 AM   #50

water leak

I had a slight leak coming out where the wall and floor join between the shower and toilet. It was found to be the fittings on the water filter that was in an outside compartment dripping and seeping under the interior wall. Also, the relief valve in the water heater may drip.

Good luck with it.

2013 F150 Super Crew 5.0
2019 Rockwood 2304DS
1975 Chrysler Imperial
jdhreiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 10:05 AM   #51

If it was me ,I would pull that window out and inspect it then reseal it your self to YOUR satisfaction. No one mentioned that they "REMOVED" the window, Reseal it and eliminate it completely as a source of the leak.
Lee Pedrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 11:03 AM   #52

Forest River has sent instructions to me and the dealer regarding the issue but so far no progress or promises made.

I'm waiting,...
GBarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 06:30 PM   #53

Ok GBarrett. Call a local water mitigation company and ask if a tech would like to make a quick $25. Wait for a rain storm and turn your water on in the interior and they will find the leak in 5-10 minutes with a FLIR Camera. Easy Peasy to find water leaks in campers and track to the water intrusion point. Done it after windstorms/tornados/high winds to find separation points that allow intrusion.

Now for your insurance.... If you have an RV Policy then Water Damage is covered like a Homeowners Policy and there would be coverage extended but only for the damage that was caused from the water intrusion—-not the item/structure that caused the damage.

If your Policy is written on an Auto Form/Policy then most of the time there is no coverage due to water damage, due to no insurable peril, unless it was damaged from Flood.

Personally I wouldn’t turn a claim in unless the cost of repairs are very expensive and the warranty doesn’t cover the damage. RV Insurance marketplace hhas fewer companies and price increasing substantially.

Hope that helps.
Wannabe123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 09:09 PM   #54

Water leaked inside the walls of my new RV the first real trip I took with it. It seemed like the Solar Panel was loose and water leaked into the holes and dripped through the lights and soaked the valences around the window. After replacing the Solar Panel (hopefully right this time) and cleaning the inside plastic of the lights that was stained from the water and whatever else was inside the walls the dealer told me there was no other damage.

If there is someone from Forest River monitoring this, like I saw earlier in the thread I would like to know how my motorhome can be fixed because I don't believe the lies the dealer has told me. There has to be more damage that no one will address to me. These water issues are difficult, and I am sorry that the OP has these problems and hopefully from this forum help can come from the Factory. Dealers are here for their own purposes.
JoePa77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 12:38 PM   #55

floor leak.

referigerator drain tube could be inside of wall letting defrost water to drip on floor. had this happen to me.
Thomas ho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 09:16 PM   #56

Officially into week four. I had to cancel my vacation as I still don’t have my camper back. I won’t be able to take time off again until March at the earliest. I’m still waiting to hear what the dealer and Forest River have decided.

With the way this has been handled so far, I’m not happy with either one.
GBarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 11:16 AM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog View Post
A leak in the plumbing can be eliminated by draining the system and pressure testing it. Dealer should be able to buy or make a pressure tester for the hose connection that has a tire schrader valve and a pressure gauge. These testers are available for less then $15. Add 20 pounds or air pressure and wait to see if the pressure drops. Google "plumbing pressure test kit". There are videos to show the dealer how if he hasn't already done this.

Good luck!
Don't need to drain it, just turn on the pump, if there is a leak it will cycle on and off.

2014 Grey Wolf 21RR
jd50i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 12:07 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd50i View Post
Don't need to drain it, just turn on the pump, if there is a leak it will cycle on and off.
^^^^^ Absolutely. I knew that I had a 'leak' when my pump would cycle on once every ten minutes when the pump was left on. Took several years to find out where it was..... (within the bathroom wall)

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 12:19 PM   #59
Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd50i View Post
Great idea for a fast leak. A slow leak may take hours to get the pump to cycle.
Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 04:01 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog View Post
Great idea for a fast leak. A slow leak may take hours to get the pump to cycle.

I've heard my pump cycle on a very small drip, didn't have to take hours.

2014 Grey Wolf 21RR
jd50i is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dealer, leak, water, water leak