Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-21-2017, 09:25 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamjkuhlman View Post
Saints, no success, yet. what do you mean by "capped"? Mine doesn't have a weatherization switch, either, so i'm guessing it has this Cap. Is it the big black cap, almost looks like an oil filter?

Yeah pretty much. I have a lever but there is also a cap on the winterization hose. I was told this is one there to seal it in case the lever gets thrown inadvertently. The cap makes it so the pump can't mistakenly pump/suck air through it causing a situation similar to what you are seeing now.

Nights Camped (2018-16) (2017-16) (2016-13) (2015-13)
SuicideSaints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 10:21 PM   #42

I think Bubbles may be close with his suggestion in post #17. If you have a Shurflo pump you may have a "back pressure bypass valve" built in to the pump which is factory set to 55 psi and will open when the pump pressure goes to high which in return causes the pump to run constantly without ever shutting down. If you are able to somehow measure the system pressure and find that it is more than 45 psi you could try to adjust the pump pressure down to 40 psi using a small 5/64" allen key on a tiny allen head screw on the pump head. This procedure is not mentioned in the owner's manual, so be careful and don't do more than a 1/4 turn at a time. My pump is a Shurflo model #4008-101-A65, yours may or may not be the same.
However, large air pockets somewhere could still be a possibility but I doubt it.
Cypressloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 11:00 PM   #43

I believe your pump is sucking air or there is a clogged filter. The tank may be full but there is a gap somewhere if it runs that long and there is not water anywhere on the ground.

Look for one of these. Pull it, clean it out and put it back on secure. Should be right next to the pump between FW tank and the pump. While cleaning check for cracks.Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170921-225617.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	152133 should be easy and take 2min. If not that then I guess the dealer it is because I am out of ideas. I think if your valve was stuck you would have water on the ground.
dbledan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pump, water, water pump