RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 03-04-2020, 07:32 PM   #1
Long time camper.

Welcome Mat

Good evening, I’ve been lurking around for a little while. Y’all , seem like friendly, intelligent folks I wouldn’t mind sitting around a campfire with.

The wife and I just purchased a USED 2015 Forest River 274RK. It’s like new, comfortable and just right for us. Not a scratch in the cupboards or nick on the walls. There was still a sticker on the commode. We drove from Northern Kentucky to Sioux Falls, SD to pick it up in November. Barely skirting the previous winter storm and slipping out just before the next one.

We been customizing and stocking it for a couple of months. I installed shelf boards to block anything from bouncing off the shelves in the huge pantry. Nice improvement.

We took it to the storage lot and visit visit it weekly.

It seems the windows are stuck closed, not that I tried very hard to open them this winter.
While winterizing it, I couldn’t get antifreeze to pump out of the freshwater tank. One side of the pump was unhooked. Reattached that but still no pumping. We did use city water on the weekend coming home, that worked fine.
When we would turn on the bigger white light outside the converter fan was running. Not sure what that was all about. It has a WECO 8955 power center.
The blue mood lights in the living room and bedroom were working fine. The blue lights under the awning only illuminated the first 3 in the strip.

Any ideas on our issues?

Nice to meet ya, hope to see you on the road, samTummo
samTummo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 08:35 AM   #2
Mopar Guy

1. welcome.
2. Are all the windows stuck? Its pretty common for the emergency exit windows to stick, what I do on mine is have some push gently on the inside and outside I take a trim tool and break the seal around the window. Apply a rubber safe lubricant and it wont stick. The sliding windows, not to sound condescending, but are you working the latch, try jiggling up and down in its tracks
3. can you hear the water pump running?
reese strait-line
Cost4133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 08:55 AM   #3
Long time camper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cost4133 View Post
1. welcome.
2. Are all the windows stuck? Its pretty common for the emergency exit windows to stick, what I do on mine is have some push gently on the inside and outside I take a trim tool and break the seal around the window. Apply a rubber safe lubricant and it wont stick. The sliding windows, not to sound condescending, but are you working the latch, try jiggling up and down in its tracks
3. can you hear the water pump running?
Thanks for your reply. Yes the pump running, but no flow. I put 3 gal antifreeze in it. It was winterized when I got it. Was wondering if there was an in line valve I haven’t found yet.
The converter really has me baffled.
Sam
Old 03-05-2020, 09:00 AM   #4
Site Team

Welcome to the forum.
The converter fan is temperature controlled and will come on when the 12VDC demand increases so what you heard is normal.
You should not put/have antifreeze in the FW tank as it is to difficult to remove completely and is not necessary. There is usually a small clear strainer on the input side of the water pump. If it is loose or has cracked because it was not drained, it will suck air and not prime. Also make sure the FW tank is at least 1/3 full before you try. ( 3 gals is not enough some times). The suction line is not always at the very bottom of the tank.

If there is a winterizing valve in the water pump intake, be sure the valve is set to the "in-use" position.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 09:23 AM   #5
Mopar Guy

as for the Led lights, I suspect your outdoor strip has a break in it. after the 3 LEDs that do work
reese strait-line
Cost4133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 09:39 AM   #6
Long time camper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybob View Post
Welcome to the forum.
The converter fan is temperature controlled and will come on when the 12VDC demand increases so what you heard is normal.
You should not put/have antifreeze in the FW tank as it is to difficult to remove completely and is not necessary. There is usually a small clear strainer on the input side of the water pump. If it is loose or has cracked because it was not drained, it will suck air and not prime. Also make sure the FW tank is at least 1/3 full before you try. ( 3 gals is not enough some times). The suction line is not always at the very bottom of the tank.

If there is a winterizing valve in the water pump intake, be sure the valve is set to the "in-use" position.
I could understand the fan running on the converter if we were hooked to shore power. I thought it was a converter not an inverter. Only 12v being used and not on shore power. Thought the brighter light outside might have been 120v if it had an inverter.
Thanks Samtummo