Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-20-2021, 11:43 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPs37FLH View Post
Yeah, you definitely got some type of issue with that volt meter or wiring to it. I don't ever recall seeing mine go much beyond 14v, but the level displayed was consistent unless we were using the battery. Just be prepared to wait a month or two for FR to accept the warranty claim and ship out a replacement meter to the dealer. At least you can still use your RV and it won't be sitting at the dealership service department for all that time, like mine did recently.
True that! I trust the reading from my solar controller and the Cherokee app.

I'm curious though, where is the app getting its reading from? The factory Voltmeter is garbage, obviously.

We'll see what my dealer and FR say. Thanks all.
Brake Controller: Curt Echo
PDuB-IA2MI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 09:03 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDuB-IA2MI View Post
True that! I trust the reading from my solar controller and the Cherokee app.

I'm curious though, where is the app getting its reading from? The factory Voltmeter is garbage, obviously.

We'll see what my dealer and FR say. Thanks all.

Didn't know they had an app for that and going to check that out. Only app I thought they offered was the one for the LCI One Connect system on my rig.

Thanks!
GPs37FLH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 04:05 PM   #23
J&J Camping

Cherokees total control app video. How to program

https://youtu.be/GUBDVmKMAfw
itsjb5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 07:25 PM   #24

Disconnect one wire from your solar at the controller. Then reconnect it. You always need to connect the battery first and then the solar. If you ever disconnected your battery then reconnected it or a new one while the solar is connected this will happen. You may have burned out your controller if you have ever done this. They are inexpensive.
bbells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 07:59 PM   #25

Pull the cover and check it with a hand held volt meter.
cadman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 11:35 PM   #26

Is the Volt meter do anything else besides read DC volts? Is it tied into the total control App. could it be be reading Amps? Trailer Load?
1l243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 08:09 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1l243 View Post
Is the Volt meter do anything else besides read DC volts? Is it tied into the total control App. could it be be reading Amps? Trailer Load?

The volt meter only reads DC volts as far as I know. Nothing more. It could be tied directly to the total control app, but I highly doubt it. What's more likely is the LCI OneConnect system in his RV is what's tied to the volt meter, and thus the app thru the OneConnect's bluetooth wireless.
Old 02-26-2021, 11:10 AM   #28

Are you on shore when it does it, or does it also do it hooked up to the truck? Maybe it is just miswired to the convertor.
Bhrava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 11:53 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhrava View Post
Are you on shore when it does it, or does it also do it hooked up to the truck? Maybe it is just miswired to the convertor.
24/7 no matter how it's hooked up. TV cable, on solar only, at night w/o solar input, shore power, under load, no load... this thing jumps around more than a jackrabbit on meth.

My dealer is shipping me a new one. It is a $9 part. Cheap chinese voltmeter. You can see them on amazon, and lots of reviews there of the low quality. We'll see how it goes with a replacement.
Old 02-26-2021, 12:18 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homebrew View Post
X2
X3 It looks your solar panels (assuming you have solar panels). The voltage range on solar panels can be between 0 and as high as you can go depending on how you have them wired and the number of panels. Most 100 watt solar panels have a upper voltage limit of around 22 volts.
PhilFromMaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 07:36 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilFromMaine View Post
X3 It looks your solar panels (assuming you have solar panels). The voltage range on solar panels can be between 0 and as high as you can go depending on how you have them wired and the number of panels. Most 100 watt solar panels have a upper voltage limit of around 22 volts.
The pictures were taken at night...
Old 02-26-2021, 08:33 PM   #32

I donít have the same problem as you, but I have a Victron BMV-712 halfway installed. Hoping to someday have the Victron meter replace that one.
PFeezzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 09:04 AM   #33

Your wall mounted is bad, any of the RV's voltage Gages are not calibrated to a standard, so will display a slight variation in readout, also the PWM is displaying a charging arrow and showing voltage at the battery.
But , the total control is reading battery voltage minus its own power draw, the propane alarm, tank sensors, and the radio always uses a little bit even when off. The wiring comes in to play when something uses a current. Run the slide or heater fan and see how large the difference in readouts becomes, that's the wiring. My Rockwood gages display about .3 difference normally, when slide or fan runs about 1.2 volts
strgrazr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 09:35 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsjb5 View Post
Cherokees total control app video. How to program

https://youtu.be/GUBDVmKMAfw

After checking this out, I've had this app on my phone since I picked up my Sabre, but it's from LCI, not Cherokee. If anyone's searching for it on their phone's app store, it's called LCI OneControl. May have been Cherokee in the past, but newest models are branded with LCI.

Unfortunately, what you can control on your RV is going to be different from one model to the other. It all depends on what controls are programmed for it by LCI.

My phone app will control the awning, leveling, lighting and slide outs, but nothing for the volt meter that's connected to the Juice Pack solar panel on my roof.
Old 02-28-2021, 11:37 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPs37FLH View Post
After checking this out, I've had this app on my phone since I picked up my Sabre, but it's from LCI, not Cherokee. If anyone's searching for it on their phone's app store, it's called LCI OneControl. May have been Cherokee in the past, but newest models are branded with LCI.

Unfortunately, what you can control on your RV is going to be different from one model to the other. It all depends on what controls are programmed for it by LCI.

My phone app will control the awning, leveling, lighting and slide outs, but nothing for the volt meter that's connected to the Juice Pack solar panel on my roof.
All is correct here. It is the LCI One Control app, but in Cherokee products they renamed it "Cherokee Total Control" for no valid reason

Now, about your comment on the voltmeter. Your app home screen doesn't give you a battery volt reading?
Old 02-28-2021, 11:46 AM   #36

"Total Control" When it goes......it ALL goes. I'll pass thank you.
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 01:30 PM   #37
J&J Camping

Well when it goes you still have total control of nothing. See it's good.
itsjb5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 07:25 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWolfPaq82 View Post

Yeah, and that totally sucks! I'm looking to see if there's a way to have a panel of rocker switches installed as a backup or replacement. I don't trust having everything controlled by a touchscreen computer and no backup. But, in FR's defense, only time will tell if its reliable, or not.
Old 03-01-2021, 11:17 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWolfPaq82 View Post
All OneControl/Total Control options are just back ups of analog switches on the trailer. Don't want your trailer turning into the Terminator? Just forego the app and everything is still 1980!

Anyway, update, my dealer has overnighted a new voltmeter to me, and UPS drops it off today. We'll swap it out and see what happens.
Old 03-01-2021, 11:46 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDuB-IA2MI View Post
All is correct here. It is the LCI One Control app, but in Cherokee products they renamed it "Cherokee Total Control" for no valid reason

Now, about your comment on the voltmeter. Your app home screen doesn't give you a battery volt reading?

Well, I'll be damned! There is a battery volt reading on my Home screen too. Never noticed it before. I really need to get my ash to the optometrist.

Thank you for pointing that out to me!