Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-04-2020, 10:38 PM   #1

WiFi OneConnect Hotspot

Hi! I have just picked up my new 2020 Wolf Pup 16FQ. In the ceiling near the bed are two coax connectors labelled "WiFi OneConnect Hotspot". Seems there is something on the roof but haven't taken a look at that yet.

As far as I can tell to use this I need to buy a $350 piece of equipment then pay a monthly fee to obtain wifi over the LTE/4G phone network.

Has anyone used this? What is the advantage over just increasing the data on my phone and turn on the hotspot option there? Just a stronger signal?

Thanks, Andy
AndyA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 11:09 PM   #2

Not a clue. You might want to ask your salesperson.

Unless it's a signal booster, increasing the data plan for your phone might be less expensive.
Old 03-05-2020, 11:02 PM   #3

Thanks. From doing a bit of reading it seems to be a signal booster, but there is no real information on the plans, and some kind of telematics or remote control mixed in. Marketing failure I think. Andy
AndyA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 08:48 PM   #4

We just bought a 2021 Wolf Pup 17 JG and noticed the same thing. Salesman didn’t say anything about it so we are curious about how it works also.
Dsimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 09:13 PM   #5

We have that too, also been wondering about it
GuppyNV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 10:24 AM   #6

Just picked up a 2021 Grey Wolf that has the same thing. It's basically a pre-installed antenna so you can connect a 4GLTE Wifi hotspot purchased separately.
pjy1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 08:40 PM   #7

I have a '21 26dbh.

No one at the dealer knew anything about it, except for a technician that was an RV guy.

There is a scan tag on your main switch panel. It has the one control ID and password.

It will download an app to your phone that will do as many functions as your TT is set up for.

Mine controls lights (interior and exterior) as well as the slide and awning in/out controls.

I havent tried it except for being right near the TT and I don't know the limitations of the WiFi part, but it would be cool to be able to bring in your awning if you saw a storm brewing while you were away from the TT.

If anyone knows more, I would sure like to hear it.
lizARdman15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 10:10 AM   #8

WiFi OneConnect Hotspot

One Control and Hotspot are 2 entirely different things. One Control is an installed device and touch screen that can control many of the every day functions like turning on the lights, awning, slides, tank and WH etc that were once controlled by individual switches. It emits it’s own WiFi signal such as RV12345 that you connect to and using the free app, control those functions while in range of the WiFi signal. In our case, about 100’.
The Connect by Winegard is an antenna that can boost the WiFi signal and using a SIM card be connected to a phone carrier for mobile wifi. https://winegard.com/products/cellul.../connect-2-4g2
Retired JSO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2022, 02:55 PM   #9

Question

So, if I'm understanding this right, it's possible to use the antenna to pick up weaker/distant wifi signals and boost them? I'd only want to buy the little bonus box on the inside if I'm not also required to get a SIM card for it and pay another monthly.

Just seems a shame to waste a fine-ass antenna like that.
Ungratulations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2022, 05:23 PM   #10

As far as I know, the unit is just prepped for a antenna and a signal amplifier. What is on the trailer from the factory is just futures for both.

When we looked into it it was $350 plus $60 per month

Wasn't worth it for us
Gsalet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 11:33 PM   #11

2022 23DBH with a similar feature. Our salesman recommend getting a Hotspot from our cel phone provider. He said it's cheaper than the option from FR.
Scott Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2022, 07:29 AM   #12

just look it up on the internet.
TowPro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2023, 06:10 PM   #13
Gmadelia

WiFi One Control Hotspot?

What equipment is needed for the prepped wall connection for wifi?
And is there other recommendations for internet use while glamping, other than park wifi?

thank you.
gmadelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2023, 01:41 PM   #14

Real Newbie as rv owner and using it. I use T-Mobile home internet at the house. last two trips i took that with me in the rv.

As long as I'm somewhere it can pick-up T-Mobile phone signal I have Wi-Fi in the coach.

so far it has worked great for laptop and streaming tv services the two times i have used it.

T-Mobile home internet only needs a wall outlet for power, no other cables or connections unless you want to use ethernet cable from it.
BUCKI67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2023, 02:12 PM   #15

https://store.lci1.com/onecontrol-ho...t-805592?qty=1
Cory867 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wifi