Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-17-2021, 09:35 PM   #1

With Covid how much are WolfPups going for these days?

My wife and I are looking at the ‘21 WolfPup 14ccbl. The dealer is firm on $18,250 for it. Right now the inventory in our size (4,200 or below GVWR) are flying off the shelves so I assume there’s a bit of a markup. Comes with Black Label and Adventure Package. Along with solar.

But looking at the forum it seems like these things used to go $5k less or so. Is this just a Covid thing causing them to skyrocket? As in, how underwater would we be when things get back to “normal”. Hoping to just get a gauge from others here what prices they’re seeing in their neck of the woods. We are in Colorado.
WolfPup14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 11:35 PM   #2
Site Team

The current RV market is a seller's market. Inventory is low, due to Covid affecting manufacturing. All these newbies are jumping into the RV lifestyle since other vacation choices have been shutdown or severely limited.
Most longtime RVers expect that when things open back up, there will be a lot of year old RVs for sale and it'll be a buyer's market. Too many have rushed into buying a RV, without knowing how much work and maintenance is required and how much warranty work needs to be done. And how hard it is to get good RV repair service.
The bloom will be off the rose.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 11:38 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
The current RV market is a seller's market. Inventory is low, due to Covid affecting manufacturing. All these newbies are jumping into the RV lifestyle since other vacation choices have been shutdown or severely limited.
Most longtime RVers expect that when things open back up, there will be a lot of year old RVs for sale and it'll be a buyer's market. Too many have rushed into buying a RV, without knowing how much work and maintenance is required and how much warranty work needs to be done. And how hard it is to get good RV repair service.
The bloom will be off the rose.
Yeah I hear you. My wife and I have done a ton of research and know we are in for years of adventure and years of small little things. With all the warranty work that needs to be done, would you say it’s better to buy used? Basically one that’s already had some of the kinks worked out?
WolfPup14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 01:39 AM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfPup14 View Post
Yeah I hear you. My wife and I have done a ton of research and know we are in for years of adventure and years of small little things. With all the warranty work that needs to be done, would you say it’s better to buy used? Basically one that’s already had some of the kinks worked out?
IMHO, many private party sellers feel their RV is worth more than it actually, usually because they still owe money on the loan.
So a used unit may cost as much as a new one.
We've never found a good used unit.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 04:35 AM   #5

The 18 RJB is $16,000 near me...but they don't have the smaller one.

https://www.acnrv.com/product/toy-ha...sort=price-asc
Old 02-18-2021, 05:52 AM   #6

If you find a unit you want, buy it... or tomorrow someone else will. I say that with caution. Personally there are dealership I will not deal with, the one's that have a relationship with wall street. I will only form a relationship with small locally owned dealers who depend on "you" being a repeat customer.

The shortage of units is two fold, one is demand the other is shortages in the supply chain. My last purchase sat on the build lot for several weeks waiting for roof ladders. With the latest winter weather, things just got worse.

2017 Laredo 325RL Sold
2016 Vengeance 29V Sold
1970 Yellowstone Used as down payment for first house
FrankG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 05:55 AM   #7

Have you checked with other dealers like Haylett RV? I don’t know where you live but If they can save you some money it may be worth the trip & make it a camping trip back to your place.
Old 02-18-2021, 12:03 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfPup14 View Post
My wife and I are looking at the ‘21 WolfPup 14ccbl. The dealer is firm on $18,250 for it. Right now the inventory in our size (4,200 or below GVWR) are flying off the shelves so I assume there’s a bit of a markup. Comes with Black Label and Adventure Package. Along with solar.

...We are in Colorado.
You should shop around. I know Iowa is a bit of a drive from Colorado, but where I bought my 16BHS Black Label is a great independent family dealership with good inventory and they are happy to order what you need. Check out Cheyenne Camping Center out of Walcott, IA. I ordered a 16BHS Black Label with the Adventure Package and they did a good job getting it done. They fumbled and bumbled a few things here and there but I'd rather have a little "good ol' boy goofiness" than what you experience at larger franchise RV dealerships.

Their prices were hard to beat. They have a listing for a standard WP 14CC for $12,500. I'd recommend you give them a call.

https://cheyennecampingcenter.com/in...el-trailer-268

BTW, I'm from Michigan originally and Haylett RV in Coldwater MI is truly awesome also.
Brake Controller: Curt Echo
PDuB-IA2MI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 03:05 PM   #9

https://www.rvtrader.com/Forest-Rive...UP%7C764944421
mike.t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 11:39 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDuB-IA2MI View Post
You should shop around. I know Iowa is a bit of a drive from Colorado, but where I bought my 16BHS Black Label is a great independent family dealership with good inventory and they are happy to order what you need. Check out Cheyenne Camping Center out of Walcott, IA. I ordered a 16BHS Black Label with the Adventure Package and they did a good job getting it done. They fumbled and bumbled a few things here and there but I'd rather have a little "good ol' boy goofiness" than what you experience at larger franchise RV dealerships.

Their prices were hard to beat. They have a listing for a standard WP 14CC for $12,500. I'd recommend you give them a call.

https://cheyennecampingcenter.com/in...el-trailer-268

BTW, I'm from Michigan originally and Haylett RV in Coldwater MI is truly awesome also.
I also got mine from Cheyenne Camping Center and had it shipped to Florida. 16BHs for 12,500 had a cargo rack and back up camera added. My only complaint about ordering unseen is that it came with a split wood support under the bed that has to be replaced and some faulty areas of sealing around storage doors and shower. Had I been there I would have had these items fixed prior to taking ownership.
AmyKKV is offline   Reply With Quote