Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-23-2018, 09:13 AM   #1

wolf pup 12 volt tv

put a 19" tv in my 2019 16fq. I want to hook to 12 volt with a cigarette lighter plug in. where do i get the power from? if i run wires through overhead cabinet down to radio, will i find place to tap into? do i mount plug in below cupboard or in front of cupboard? this topic was on here a while back and i can not locate it.
mfriederichs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 12:31 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfriederichs View Post
put a 19" tv in my 2019 16fq. I want to hook to 12 volt with a cigarette lighter plug in. where do i get the power from? if i run wires through overhead cabinet down to radio, will i find place to tap into? do i mount plug in below cupboard or in front of cupboard? this topic was on here a while back and i can not locate it.
There should be one or two spare, unused fuse locations in your power distribution panel. That's really where you want to tap in for something as high draw (for a 12V system) as a TV. The cigarette style outlets can be found pretty cheaply on Amazon.
“Here is your country. Cherish these natural wonders, cherish the natural resources, cherish the history and romance as a sacred heritage, for your children and your children's children. Do not let selfish men or greedy interests skin your country of its beauty, its riches or its romance.” - Theodore Roosevelt

TV: 2003 F250 V10 4X4
TT: 2019 Wolf Pup 18TO Black Label
Maticuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 05:50 PM   #3

I have a 12vdc receptacle in the ceiling right above the back of the dinette in my 16qb.
jeffnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 07:04 PM   #4

I am interested in your solution. My sister asked me to install a tv/dvd in her wolf pup 15SW and there is no cigarette lighter connection for 12V. I was thinking maybe just a standard TV and and using an inverter for dry camping. Would still need to tap into 12V to power the inverter though.
SSmbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 03:29 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSmbs View Post
I am interested in your solution. My sister asked me to install a tv/dvd in her wolf pup 15SW and there is no cigarette lighter connection for 12V. I was thinking maybe just a standard TV and and using an inverter for dry camping. Would still need to tap into 12V to power the inverter though.
Here's some ideas...
https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?bl...5;src=postname
jeffnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 06:46 PM   #6

jeffnick your link opens to a start page of a blog without info
SSmbs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
12 volt, wolf pup