Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-22-2022, 11:23 AM   #1

Wolf Pup 14CC questions

I am graduating from a clipper 806XLS pop up to a wolf pup 14CC. Should be picking it up in the next week or so.

TV is a 2021 Acadia AT4 with tow package. It is rated for it the camper but I want a weight distribution hitch. Am considering the Anderson but need to know the hitch height, ball size, and frame size. Anyone know these by chance?

Also, I'll be maxed on hitch rating and low on remaining payload so a light setup is key. Are there any other setups I should consider?

Thank you all so much!!
carguy4471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 12:16 PM   #2

My wife and I are new to this as well, however my research pointed us to the Fastway E2 WDH/sway control hitch (round bar). We ordered the 800lb model as our tongue weight was at the top end of the 600lb model.

As far as I know all WDH's have adjustable hitch height. Given the weight of your TT the ball size should be 2".

Not sure what you mean by 'frame size'.
Old 01-23-2022, 01:56 PM   #3

Wolf Pup

Having the correct measurements is important when ordering the Andersen hitch. I trusted what the salesman told me and ordered the wrong one. Cost $50 to send it back! Love the Andersen hitch setup. I have a Wolf Pup16FQ and tow it with a Honda Pilot all wheel drive. Love how it drives and tows! Accurate measurements may not be that important when ordering another brand, but it it when ordering an Andersen hitch.
Bourbonfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 10:54 PM   #4

I’ve got this week to sort out the hitch stuff. Should be able to figure out a good option in that time.

I’ve already got a bunch of upgrades stuff in my carts at various places. I had upgraded the PUP to lithium and I’m keeping my battery. Thus I’ll need to upgrade the charge controller that comes with the juice pack, add either a smartshunt or lithium compatible battery monitor display, and upgrade the converters charger to lithium compatible. I think WFCO has one but I need to see which model is in the unit.

Can’t decide if I’m going to throw an inverter in there right off the bat or wait.
Old 01-24-2022, 12:40 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballistic View Post
My wife and I are new to this as well, however my research pointed us to the Fastway E2 WDH/sway control hitch (round bar). We ordered the 800lb model as our tongue weight was at the top end of the 600lb model.

As far as I know all WDH's have adjustable hitch height. Given the weight of your TT the ball size should be 2".

Not sure what you mean by 'frame size'.
Wound up ordering the 6k E2 hitch. Couldn't get a hold of Andersen to get questions answered. They snoozed.... Was able to get the PUP into the garage and warmed up enough to empty everything out. I'm sad to see her go but excited to get into a TT.
Old 01-24-2022, 09:55 PM   #6

I think you will be happy with it. I’m installing our hitch this week, so we will see how it all works out. Seems simple and straight forward.
Old 01-24-2022, 10:08 PM   #7

Quote:
I think you will be happy with it. I’m installing our hitch this week, so we will see how it all works out. Seems simple and straight forward.
I’m going to be installing mine in the parking lot of the RV dealer after taking delivery on Monday. Gonna have to make sure I have some warm clothes with me, lol.
Old 01-24-2022, 11:11 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy4471 View Post
I’m going to be installing mine in the parking lot of the RV dealer after taking delivery on Monday. Gonna have to make sure I have some warm clothes with me, lol.

If you’re going to install it in their parking lot, locate a socket profile they recommend. It’s a short body and rebated drive end. Most auto parts stores will have them, perhaps the dealership will have one you can use.

Have you watched Fastway’s install video? If not, I’d recommend it.
Old 01-24-2022, 11:49 PM   #9

Quote:
If you’re going to install it in their parking lot, locate a socket profile they recommend. It’s a short body and rebated drive end. Most auto parts stores will have them, perhaps the dealership will have one you can use.

Have you watched Fastway’s install video? If not, I’d recommend it.
I did watch their video, but don’t recall anything about a socket profile. It looked like standard wrenches and sockets to me. Where was the special profile socket used?
Old 01-25-2022, 12:14 AM   #10

1:07 shows how any other socket won’t work. Nothing special really , just a shallow socket. Most stores have them.

https://youtu.be/QFOkZpKrirI
Old 01-25-2022, 10:32 PM   #11

Quote:
1:07 shows how any other socket won’t work. Nothing special really , just a shallow socket. Most stores have them.

https://youtu.be/QFOkZpKrirI
That’s the one part I’m just going to have the camper place do. I’m hoping they can pop that on there for me.

Tags
question, questions, wolf pup