Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-24-2015, 12:11 PM   #1

Wolf Pup 16FQ

I have tried searching a couple of different ways but have not seen any information on the Cherokee Wolf Pup 16FQ. I am looking into getting one for my wife and I so the smaller one will work fantastic. It looks similar to the 16BHS except a few of the options. I am completely new to travel trailers but we share a spot with some friends that have had one for a couple seasons now. I figure its time to turn in the tent and get a camper for ease of use. We will leave it parked on location and have access to electrical. Just thought I would register and start looking through these threads just like I did for my Toyota and work from there.
Chaz Drago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 11:34 PM   #2

Congrats on your decision. We just got our Wolf Pup 16bhs and we really like it. I pull it with a 4door Jeep Wrangler with a harbor freight weight distribution hitch. It pulls and stops great. We really liked the fit and finish of it compared to comparable floor plans. I recently saw on the forum that someone got a Coachman Clipper 17bh which almost identical to mine. The clipper 17fq is similar to what your looking at with an additional 5" in width. I'd give them a look. I can share more info from my shopping if you want. Just ask.
bakwoodj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 12:59 PM   #3

Thanks for the information bakwoodj. I noticed that as well. It was finally warm enough to check out a few in person this past weekend and I think I am sold on the Clipper 17Fq. It has a really nice vanity in the bathroom. We have a trip coming up soon so I will make our decision after that.
Old 03-27-2015, 11:26 AM   #4

What did you decide on your Wolf Pup FQ. I'm looking at the WP. Any pro or con's in your searches?? Still trying to decide.New to TT.
jemnelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 11:38 AM   #5

Has anyone had problems with leaking in wolf pups?
Old 03-27-2015, 12:12 PM   #6

I really like the outside of the Wolfpup but the inside of the Coachman RV clipper is nicer. Plus its a 16' vs a 17' so I am leaning the way of the Clipper right now. Plus Camping world just showed me a Coleman 21' with a couch and dinette option that I can pull with a tandem axle. It's a bit more weight but I only need to pull it twice a year. So many decisions. I like them all but just trying to get the most for my money.
Old 03-27-2015, 12:21 PM   #7

What was nicer about the clipper? The Viking I think it's similar? We like the Wolf pup because of weight but I keep seeing complaints of leaking issues. Red flag? I like you are trying to decide. I have a Ford escape XLT V6 tow cap 3500. I appreciate your input. We are new to this, we had a Little Guy teardrop.
Old 03-27-2015, 12:21 PM   #8

So to further answer your question: Pros: Wolf pup is a good trailer with great amenities and very cost effective for what you get. Cons: Its single axle so if your pulling it a lot a blow out can be a fun experience, its shorter than the clipper for same price range, the clipper has an awesome vanity in bathroom(big deal for wife). We are also new to TT so research to the fullest and read through these threads. Even the ones that don't apply to your brand. Some of the complaints or concerns are universal and do apply.
Old 03-27-2015, 12:26 PM   #9

The clipper has the extra foot of length, it might not seem like much but you feel it. The stainless steel appliances are really nice. 3500 lbs is not much so you may not be able to look at the Coleman that I referred to. Its dry weight is 4600 lbs or something like that. The Viking just seemed like not much for the money when compared to the other two in the same class. I'd rather get a clipper or a wolf pup for the cash.
Old 03-27-2015, 12:28 PM   #10

Thanks for your input.
Old 03-30-2015, 12:39 PM   #11

All thoughts aside we went with another manufacturer for reasons that have little to do with one being better than the other. We found a Coleman 192RD better fit what we were looking for. With my towing capacity being 5000lbs this trailer fits right at the upper limit and is 22' long. Similar price range as the others mentioned here but a little bit different lay out.
Old 06-05-2015, 02:27 PM   #12

The Clipper the dealership showed me as compared to the BHS, there were only difference I could physically see.. the front had a window, 16BHS did not. Clipper had a double bed, BHS had a queen. Clipper had a bigger access door by bunks than the BHS. There is a full wall by the bunks in the Clipper, the BHS has a half wall (behind the table). The CD player and AUX plugs in the Clipper were over one cabinet space from the bunks. In the BHS it is right next to the bunk and an open space on top for the addition of a mod of some sort. I still am not sure. I like the modern look inside of the BHS.
MomofNERM is offline   Reply With Quote