So last week I rolled into the campground, stopped to take on water. After a couple minutes water flowed out the fill. I knew the tank was empty before I left and surly the tank was not full that fast. Something was wrong. The water gage inside showed 1/2 tank, but I could not get another drop in.
I went ahead and parked and set up. Later I crawled under the trailer and took a look. I discovered dirt daubers had built in the air vent for the water tank. Completely closed off the vent. I dug out the dirt and I could hear the air release.
The picture is a home made screen I made to fit over the vent to prevent this from happening again. Its made from a screen for a standard water hose and a piece of plastic tube glued to screen. The plastic tube fits nice and snug on the vent. Voila! dirt daubers be gone!