Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-03-2021, 07:01 PM   #1

Wolf Pup Slide question

I just got my Wolf Pup about 6 or 7 weeks ago, and have used the slide about 15-20 times. My question is about lubrication of the slide. How often does it need to be done, or does it not have to be? I am not talking about the rubber seals around the sides, but bringing it in and out, it seems to be laboring and making a few weird sounds.
tcaleb46 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 10:16 PM   #2

My experience is they do make weird sounds. Just normal i guess from seals reversing direction, rubbing, etc. Do make sure there are no twigs, branches or other debis on the top of your slide when you bring it in.

Lubrication is pretty simple as demonstrated here at this link.
They used to recommend CRC Power Lube with PTFE, now they recommend Kwikee® KwikLube for $26 a can. I think I will just finish up my can of CRC first!

https://store.lci1.com/blog/lubricat...ert-components
chickenwing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 10:54 PM   #3

What is really interesting is page 11 of the Lippert In-Wall Slide-Out Owner's Manual:
https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws...cd-0001602.pdf

Quote:
System Maintenance
It is recommended that when operating In-Wall® Slide-out system in harsh environments (road salt, ice buildup, etc.) that the gear racks and seals be kept clean and free of debris. They can be washed with mild soap and water.

Note: No grease or lubrication is necessary, and in some situations may be detrimental to the long-term dependability of the system.
However, I can tell you by experience that lubrication is absolutely necessary. My slide would groan and pop and struggle. Finally, when pulling it in, at the end of movement there were two loud pops. The bottom gear on the lower rack of the rear of the slide skipped several teeth. Unit purchased brand new 3/23/2021. Now there is 5 teeth of the gear rack showing on that corner when the slide is all the way in.

I lubricated the rails with the dry silicone lube with PTFE and even though the slide-out room is now misaligned, the slide out is running out and in more smoothly than ever before with no popping, groaning or straining. Absolutely lube the gear rails with the proper lubricant! Lube every 90 days or if you notice it is especially dry or the slide out starts expressing itself again.

Unit is going in to the nearest dealer that will fix it - 300 miles one way.
NavyLCDR is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
question, slide, wolf pup