Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-29-2021, 07:33 AM   #1

WolfPup 17JG - Wall paneling by fridge is bowed (stopping slide out)

Hello all!

I have a 2021 WolfPup 17JG we purchased about 3 months ago and have used on about 4 weekend trips so far.

Last weekend, we went to retract the slid out and noticed the paneling on the right side of the refrigerator housing, was bowed out and rubbing on the slid out (front frame). When we got home and tried to extend the slide out (to clean everything), my wife had to push in on the bowed paneling to allow that front frame part of the slide to go past it.

What would cause this?

I can take it to a, semi-local, dealership for warranty repair.....But they are 2-3 months out. The next closest one is 250 miles away.

So, we're kind of stuck trying to figure this out in the mean-time.

Any thoughts?
telejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 08:28 AM   #2

Welcome to the forum its a great place to get your questions answered. Allot of times panels bow or move because the staples the factory used pull thru or come loose. You might try pushing in on the panel and pin nailing it in place to the structure it cam loos from.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 07:42 AM   #3

Ours isn't as bad as yours but it did the same thing. I have not looked for a solution yet. Thinking some small black screws would do the trick, but it's not easily accessible.
jesus_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 10:59 AM   #4

I have a new Surveyor 19BHLE and after retracting my slide I noticed my trim faceplate piece on the bunk side (what would be your fridge side) came loose at the bottom and was bowed. The nails didn’t pull through the trim, just out of the wall. I dabbed some wood glue on the nails and lightly hammered them back in and then hammered in a few more extra trim nails along the piece. So far no issues.
Backcountryboondocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 07:10 PM   #5

We are going out on a weekend camping trip this weekend....While getting the camper ready, I tried hammering the staples back in, but they had pushed through the trim. I ended up getting my staple gun, with longer staples, and putting about 20 staples along the back trim and then along the support bar, along the side (just under the fridge).

This took care of the bowing issue, except at the very bottom where I can't get my staple gun or hammer.

Thanks for the replies!!
telejas is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fridge, panel, slide, slide out