Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-03-2020, 12:26 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by SetauketJeff View Post
When you pull a trailer with its' own set of brakes, you need a brake controller. This controller both delays the braking and also in effect lowers the braking depending upon the driving and towing conditions (I.E. weight, off-road, snow, etc) and allows you to change these presets as you drive and even manually apply the trailer's brakes without pressing on the tow vehicle's (TV) brake pedal.

The trailer is getting the brake signal from your brake light circuit.
OK, thank you!! My 2020 F150 has that feature installed, with trailer backup assist.

It's crazy all the "things" you have to consider as a new RV owner.
NancyJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 05:51 PM   #22

I got an email update from my dealer today.

The production floor is back open, and a component shipment was received so my unit might be delivered by the 18th!

That would be a great Xmas present.
Brake Controller: Curt Echo
PDuB-IA2MI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 10:12 AM   #23

Are you probing your dealer for info or are they offering it? I get no updates unless I specifically ask. Which, I am ok with for now. But come Feb/Mar, I want to be kept in the loop!

Anyway, that is good news for you!
jesus_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 09:28 PM   #24

I'm probing them like a lonely rectal thermometer...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesus_man View Post
Are you probing your dealer for info or are they offering it? I get no updates unless I specifically ask. Which, I am ok with for now. But come Feb/Mar, I want to be kept in the loop!

Anyway, that is good news for you!
Old 12-10-2020, 01:36 PM   #25

We have this controller as well, and I like it a lot, but wanted to warn you about one thing I was not aware of. They don't really give you instructions about how to use it. They give instructions for initial pairing but not really for usage.

So here is the critical part. The dealer set mine up and I towed in home (about 900 miles) over 3 days not problem. But then when I later hooked it up again I ended up with brakes grabbing, and very unpredictable braking pattern. The Curt tech rep asked key question, what order was I hooking it up in. Make sure the controller goes into the vehicle first so it calibrates properly and then into the trailer plug, not the other way around. When it calibrates properly it works great, but when it doesn't you won't be happy.
garmanmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 01:42 PM   #26

We just took delivery of the same unit about a month ago. We had been on wait list of non BL unit, but when this one came it we went ahead and took it. Anyway there will be substitutions of equipment as the mfg can't get a reliable supply of parts. So just be sure you know what the tradeoffs were so you are not surprised. You may decide the tradeoffs are worth getting the unit sooner (as we did but we didn't quite know all of the tradeoffs)

Second point, quality control is hard right now with the push for volume. Just make sure you go through everything before you take delivery. Especially focus on the electrical and the plumbing. ours was missing a washer inside a water feed so it leaked a lot. Easy to fix, but a pain to find when water starts dripping out of the bottom of you trailer and you don't know why. Corollary to this, you will need to be prepared to do some minor maintenance rather than wait to get the trailer into the dealer. Most of it will be little things, but that first year will be a challenge. We don't regret it, but just be prepared.

We do enjoy our pup, and you will to. Just have moderated expectations.
Old 12-10-2020, 02:42 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by garmanmd View Post
We just took delivery of the same unit about a month ago. We had been on wait list of non BL unit, but when this one came it we went ahead and took it. Anyway there will be substitutions of equipment as the mfg can't get a reliable supply of parts. So just be sure you know what the tradeoffs were so you are not surprised. You may decide the tradeoffs are worth getting the unit sooner (as we did but we didn't quite know all of the tradeoffs)

Second point, quality control is hard right now with the push for volume. Just make sure you go through everything before you take delivery. Especially focus on the electrical and the plumbing. ours was missing a washer inside a water feed so it leaked a lot. Easy to fix, but a pain to find when water starts dripping out of the bottom of you trailer and you don't know why. Corollary to this, you will need to be prepared to do some minor maintenance rather than wait to get the trailer into the dealer. Most of it will be little things, but that first year will be a challenge. We don't regret it, but just be prepared.

We do enjoy our pup, and you will to. Just have moderated expectations.
This is great info. I think this is where I will be pressing my dealer a bit here, and perhaps be laying the ground-work now. If they spot something on their during their inspection, that will be the best time to address it.
Old 12-10-2020, 04:08 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDuB-IA2MI View Post
I'm probing them like a lonely rectal thermometer...
Old 12-11-2020, 08:56 PM   #29

New email today.

Factory shut down due to a COVID outbreak.

I might see my Wolf Pup in late January. [emoji52]
Old 12-11-2020, 09:04 PM   #30

my experience suggests the dealer doesn't really know either, and they are often surprised what is getting shipped.
Old 12-11-2020, 09:05 PM   #31

wow that is a bummer. We ended up taking a BL that came in earlier at a bit more $, but it was a bird in the hand, and I'm sure glad we did.
Old 12-12-2020, 08:34 AM   #32
Pop-up refugee

Yeah, we were more looking at the BL, but took what was already on the way. We got really lucky with timing.
Relaxin in the woods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 09:44 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDuB-IA2MI View Post
Well, we did it! [emoji51]

The factory order is in for our 2021 Wolf Pup 16BHS Black Label.

I know, ordering a TT during COVID is crazy. But I've wanted this for years and we finally are in a place where we can afford it and take longer camping trips with the kids.

The size, layout, and features of the Wolf Pup Black Label have evolved to a configuration that is exactly what we wanted.

The anxious wait now begins to see when we might actually get the dang thing. I'll update the status of the build and process here to pass the time (and hopefully entertain you folks while we get through this stupid pandemic spike).

Current status

Dealer placed factory order on 10/28/2020

Cherokee states build might start on 12/1/2020

Expected delivery currently sometime in January.

Specs

2021 Wolf Pup BHS Black Label

+Juice Pack (solar usuals, Furrion external port gone)

+Adventure Package (15" tires and 2" lift, 4 different tire subs possible - roll of the dice)

Here's to waiting impatiently!

Where are you located? Believe it or not there were a few black labels available near me... won’t be here in mid January though!
Kennedy19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 09:48 PM   #34
WolfPup16FQCT

Now that's a happy new year!!! Cheers ��
Old 01-01-2021, 07:38 PM   #35

Iowa.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennedy19 View Post
Where are you located? Believe it or not there were a few black labels available near me... won’t be here in mid January though!
Old 01-02-2021, 02:08 PM   #36

congrats on your purchase! i'm also a first timer and i just put a deposit down for a 2021 16BHS a couple hours ago. The dealer said they were already on order, and expected "march or april" and I'm sweating thinking that really means "late summer"

fingers crossed for all of us!
BibelRanch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 02:15 PM   #37
Pop-up refugee

That's how we got ours- they put our name on one that was already on order. Look at it as being farther ahead in line than you thought, and think March!
Relaxin in the woods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 04:40 PM   #38

Good luck! Keep us posted!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BibelRanch View Post
congrats on your purchase! i'm also a first timer and i just put a deposit down for a 2021 16BHS a couple hours ago. The dealer said they were already on order, and expected "march or april" and I'm sweating thinking that really means "late summer"

fingers crossed for all of us!
Old 01-04-2021, 11:12 AM   #39

I talked to my dealer. He said that Ice Castles are now finishing up, so they will be back to building the more standard "summer" RV's. I'll begin to worry in about 2 months if I haven't gotten a delivery date.
Old 01-19-2021, 09:56 PM   #40

Got word from my dealer...my TT should be inbound late this week or early next. Here's hoping!