Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-15-2017, 10:10 AM   #1

100 lbs 4-point leveling system for class Cs

I am interested in a light weight leveling system for the Sprinter chassis & someone mentioned that we should start a new thread on that. So, here we go...

Now I don't have anything to do with the industry, but I applaud anyone offering weight-saving convenience for the Sprinter chassis. This is what I learned:

On July 14th, I talked with Allan Brink president of Bullseye Technology & he said that they are likely to have a 4 point electric aluminum system on the market fairly soon, maybe this fall. Allan has talked to Dynamax and Winnebago regarding this product.

A 100 LBS leveler system is really good news for Sprinter costumers.

This is not old off the shelf components cobbled together like other electric levelers we’ve seen. It has patented gear housings that hold and distribute the vehicle weight, patented rotating bracket that provides leveling with limited ground clearance, and an auto-level feature. From what I understand, this aluminum system is a redesign of their 142 lbs electric steel system that has been on the market for several years. Allan said that they test a new system through 100,000 cycles.

From the Bullseye web site here are some advantages of this system over hydraulic:
• Bullseye leveling systems do not have reservoirs, pumps, or hoses to leak, fail or break.
• Bullseye leveling systems can be installed in four hours or less - saving you time and money.
• Bullseye leveling systems will maintain a level and stable position until you are ready to retract the jacks - eliminating the need to continually reset.
• Bullseye leveling legs have power retraction, unlike the leading hydraulic units that rely on springs for retraction. The same Bullseye power that extends the jacks is also available for retraction. This comes in handy if your leveling legs get stuck in mud, soil, or gravel.
• There are no EPA fines or other environmental issues with Bullseye.
• The electro-mechanical design of the Bullseye minimizes the weight addition to the vehicle (142 lbs for the steel system & estimated 100 lbs for the new aluminum system).
• There is no regular service or maintenance required with Bullseye.
• For OEMs and distributors the fewer components with Bullseye will reduce time spent on purchasing, inventory control and material handling.

Sure hope this product pans out. Allan said they have not determined the price yet. It will cost more, but they want to keep it competitive with other systems.

Here is a video of the steel system on an Airstream trailer.

If you want to read more here is their web site.
Bullseye Leveling :: Home

Happy camping,

Dave
caswelld is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
class c, leveling