Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-01-2021, 02:14 PM   #1

'19 Isata 5 Wet Bay Wiring Location

Is all this spaghetti pile of wiring supposed to be in my LH rear wet bay? (See attached pics) I purchased my '19 Isata 5 from original owner and am not sure if it was messed with. Several issues: Very poor quality installation of wiring, Hard to access hose bib, Cargo light is inaccesible and worthless, cold water faucet hard to access, Precision Plex panel mounted on 1/8" plastic sheet was cracked and panel only held in with two screws on each end?
I have replaced the 1/8" with 1/4" ABS and remounted the Plex control panel. Also Zip tied the wiring best I could to get it out of the way.
Mainly interested in knowing if this was standard quality for 2019?

Name:   precision control panel.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  18.9 KB

Click image for larger version

Name:	wet bay spaghetti.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	452.4 KB
ID:	247022
wachorver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 02:27 PM   #2
Commercial Member

It looks to me like someone pulled the wiring out of where it would be, behind that panel. We do sometimes get excess harness length and it does take time to get that corrected (as we purchase so far in advance), but for the most part they coil it up.

We certainly wouldn't install a cracked plex panel.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 03:16 PM   #3

In our 2019 Isata 5, the precision plex screen/panel was mounted directly to the black ABS plastic panel that spans the entire width of the wet bay. That faux carbon fiber panel with the water pump and cargo light switch is not something I have seen before. My cargo light and water pump switches look just like all the other switches in the coach (illuminated, square, push button) and are mounted to the valve box in the wet bay directly above the “Cable In” connection. You can see the empty cut-out on yours.

In my non-professional opinion, I’d say that your spaghetti is a tad worse than normal and may not have left the factory like that. Our wet bay had some spaghetti going on, but nothing like you have picture. My OCD forced me to remove all the factory installed zip ties, disconnect everything, re-organize and re-route a bunch off stuff, then zip tie it back in an orderly manner. All in all, it was an hour-ish job.

I do agree that the cargo light in that bay is 100% useless though. I threw mine in the trash and added an LED strip to the inside lip of the wet bay. I basically encircled the entire wet bay opening with an LED strip and now I can see VERY clearly at night. Thankfully Dynamax left plenty of extra wire in the harness and used Wago lever nuts for the connection, so disconnecting the old and connecting the new was simple.

Tags
cat, location, wiring