Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-10-2019, 12:25 PM   #1
Mike

2006 Dynamax Grand Sport GT Questions

We have had a couple of camping trips in our recently purchased 2006 Dynamax Grand Sport GT. Everything seems to be working pretty good, but I still have a couple of items that I need to figure out. Looking for any help on the following:

1) What is the item shown in the attached picture that is located on the black tank flush line under the bathroom sink? Some sort of anti-siphon valve? It has an adjustment knob on top of it and will provide a clicking sound when operated in either direction. During the end of one camping trip our black tank somehow filled up and clear water was dripping out of black tank flush connection. Not sure how this could have happened. We were using fresh water tank and pump at the time.
2) We fabricated a vent cap to install on top of our fresh water tank when at the campground. Relying on the vent line to the gravity fill connection has not worked each time. Verified that line was clear in both directions.
3) Is it acceptable to walk on the roof on these units. The material on top seems sturdy enough.
4) The Comfort Control Center thermostat lists an AGS (automatic generator start) function. How would I know if this is something that this coach has or not and what is the recommended procedure for testing?
5) I have seen some comments (Wolf Alaska) that talks about a high pressure fuel line recall in their coach. Has anyone with a 2006 Dynamax MBE4000 engine had this recall performed? If so, any details?

Thanks in advance. Mike
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Anti Siphon Valve.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	276.6 KB
ID:	211992   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dynamax Roof Pic.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	453.2 KB
ID:	211993  
Mherman22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 08:48 PM   #2
Commercial Member

1. that is the black tank flush vacuum breaker. Not sure about the water leaking out unless that valve is bad

2. We have started using larger vent lines. In fact, it has to be at LEAST if not larger than the inlet line. If people aren't paying attention, the inlet (especially at high pressure) can overload the vent line.

3. yes...for maintenance only. It can be very slippery.

4. Should be an AGS test function

5. can't help on this one.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 06:24 PM   #3
Mike

Thank you very much for the reply Brian.
Old 08-25-2019, 11:37 AM   #4
Mike

Brian - regarding the automatic generator start feature on my 2006 Dynamax Grand Sport I am not sure how to test it. I have the Xantrex Freedom with remote panel. This panel does not have any AGS controls on it. I found a Xantrex AGS panel behind the wall of the control panels next to driver's seat. This panel is mounted above a Duo-Therm box. The only controller I have found referencing the AGS is on the Comfort Control thermostat which makes sense since this would keep the AC units running(?). Any help would be appreciated. Respectfully Mike Herman.
Old 08-25-2019, 06:05 PM   #5
Commercial Member

I'm not as familiar with the 2006....but if you can see the AGS panel, then see if you can get a model and search for that manual. It should have a display panel of its own, controllable at the panel or through the inverter menu.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
sport