Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-26-2020, 09:56 AM   #1

2011 DQ poor receiver FM reception

I thought I would post this as information in case others experience the same issue. We purchased the RV used 5 years ago & I was always frustrated with the house reciever, a Sony BVD-E570, and it's radio reception. Usually I could only get a few local FM stations. I finely pulled it out of the cabinet because I thought I would see if I could connect an external antenna. I found the FM antenna wire wound up as you would get it out of the box with a wire tie on it! Sloppy work happens way too much. I unwound & taped it inside the permiter of the cabinet & reception is much better!
I also found at the back of the cabinet the USB Wireless LAN antenna that goes to the reciever that was never plugged into the rear USB plug. Once the LAN antenna was connected & logged into the internet many updates were needed & now with the antenna we can stream directly. Cool!

David & Mary Button - Ithaca NY
2011 Dynaquest XL 36' Freightliner
Cummins ISC 330HP/1000TQ
dbutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 11:26 AM   #2
Q79
Q

Thanks for the info! I guess I better go check ours!
Q
Q79 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2011, reception