Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-24-2020, 11:56 AM   #1
Q79
Q

2012 340XL Dinette lighting

We have a 2012 Dynamax 340XL.
I have "Dinette Ceiling Lights" that do not work. There are 3 switches that say "Dinette Ceiling Light". One is at the entry steps, one is over the dinette and one more over the couch. All three illuminate when depressed individually. Yes, I've checked and replaced the bulbs! I checked for voltage in the sockets and have no power. Where should I go next? Is there a wiring diagram available? Does a relay control this?, if so, where is it located ?
Any ideas or help is appreciated!

I'm new here and just prior to this posted such!
Thanks, Q
Q79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 12:28 PM   #2

Can you easily drop the fixture and check the wiring behind the fixture for power? Since the switches are lighting, you would assume there is power to that point. Maybe the fixture wiring has gone bad.
Old 10-25-2020, 03:21 PM   #3

Of course it's possable bulbs are bad. My 2011 DQ360XL uses 12 volt Halogen bulbs #G4 base 10 watt available from Lowe's & other sources. I have had to replace a few & I keep spares. The controller is under the reward dinette seat & there are fuses there. I also have had to disconnect power to reset the system. Don't forget, when you hold the light button down it dims in 5 or so steps then brightens. Maybe it is just dimmed down?
Let us know the solution.

David & Mary Button - Ithaca NY
2011 Dynaquest XL 36' Freightliner
Cummins ISC 330HP/1000TQ
dbutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 07:34 PM   #4
Q79
Q

Smile

Milkman and David: thank you for the input. I found the controller and fuses under the dinette rear seat. I tested the fuses, and sure enough a fuse had burned out.. It was fuse number #5, and it is a 5 amp fuse. I replaced it and both lights now work!! I'm excited and my wife is even more so!!
I was unaware of those fuses and their location, so thank you for your help!

Q
Q79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 08:25 PM   #5

Glad you got it working. Now is the time to start that notebook of all the things you have discovered along your journey. I have the notes all saved on my phone.
Old 10-26-2020, 08:46 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkman55 View Post
Glad you got it working. Now is the time to start that notebook of all the things you have discovered along your journey. I have the notes all saved on my phone.
Now I wonder why the fuse was open. I have not had any fuse issues. Time will tell if there is a problem.
I keep extensive notes also in Microsoft One Note, everything from specs of the RV to lists of items to load for each trip.
I have a list of part numbers as I come across them, very handy. Model & serial numbers of all components installed help.

David & Mary Button - Ithaca NY
2011 Dynaquest XL 36' Freightliner
Cummins ISC 330HP/1000TQ
dbutton is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2012, light