Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-01-2019, 07:40 PM   #1

2015 dx3 fireplace upgrade

I am preparing to upgrade my fireplace to a more modern looking fireplace with glass crystals and led lights _ I have done a bunch of looking and research and depending on the brand av26 or 28 inch unit seems to be the one I need however as the left side must be narrower in the back than the front I seem to have few choices-I am very interested in any insight from the forum! I look forward helpful comments and hopefully I will find the right solution ...... thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer.
Old 12-02-2019, 09:24 AM   #2

We bought our 2016 with the fireplace and TV already in it. My only advice is to wire the fireplace so it is not on the same GFCI as the other outlets in the kitchen. in order to run the coffee maker we can’t run the TV and/or fireplace at the same time. Fireplace is a huge power hog! I’ll see if I can upload a photo
Ladytj1754 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 09:27 AM   #3

I don’t know how to upload a photo on this forum. Sorry.
Old 12-02-2019, 09:55 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladytj1754 View Post
I don’t know how to upload a photo on this forum. Sorry.

Wiring is good and exists - looking for info mostly on a unit that fits and has glass- thank for the help
Old 12-02-2019, 10:38 AM   #5

When we had our Alpine, my husband built the cabinet himself. We had the TV and bought the fireplace insert from our local Furniture store. He built the cabinet around the size of the fireplace and the TV and lift. Worked beautifully!
Old 12-02-2019, 11:07 AM   #6

I think I must not have been clear - I am upgrading to a new one in place of an old one so I will need to fit in The old space - I was simply seeing if anyone had already done this swap and had info that would be helpful - thanks
Old 12-02-2019, 11:08 AM   #7
Commercial Member

lol...this is a perfect example of how we cannot win. (not complaining).

The old fireplace we used had logs. We changed to a new one, a little more modern with the glass crystals and LED lights. And some people have already swapped it out for logs.

I do think, the one we get today ships to us with Crystals AND logs. We install the crystals, but you can put the logs back in I think...if we ship them loose. I'll have to find out if we do that.

Anyway...I have people ask all the time "can you identify your typically buyer". I say absolutely....a couple in their 40's with young kids or a retired couple in their 70's. And frankly take your pick on which group streams everything and uses smart devices versus the ones that still want a CD player (possibly 8 track) and listen to AM only...because it can be either at times.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 11:19 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
lol...this is a perfect example of how we cannot win. (not complaining).

The old fireplace we used had logs. We changed to a new one, a little more modern with the glass crystals and LED lights. And some people have already swapped it out for logs.

I do think, the one we get today ships to us with Crystals AND logs. We install the crystals, but you can put the logs back in I think...if we ship them loose. I'll have to find out if we do that.

Anyway...I have people ask all the time "can you identify your typically buyer". I say absolutely....a couple in their 40's with young kids or a retired couple in their 70's. And frankly take your pick on which group streams everything and uses smart devices versus the ones that still want a CD player (possibly 8 track) and listen to AM only...because it can be either at times.

You are so correct
Old 12-02-2019, 04:41 PM   #9
Jim & Gerry

Swapped!

We are in Brian’s second group! We recently got a 2020 DX3 with the fireplace. It did have crystals installed. The dealer left a box in the RV which had the fireplace logs in it, so you could switch to either; or use both.

I prefer the logs. We switched fireplaces because I wanted a full function remote. The new one fit perfectly in the existing place. Four screws, easy change. Other now in a box with crystals and logs!

Brian, we are in the group who is current with technology. Personal preferences!

Jim and Gerry
Jeep Renegade
MovnOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 04:45 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovnOn View Post
We are in Brian’s second group! We recently got a 2020 DX3 with the fireplace. It did have crystals installed. The dealer left a box in the RV which had the fireplace logs in it, so you could switch to either; or use both.

I prefer the logs. We switched fireplaces because I wanted a full function remote. The new one fit perfectly in the existing place. Four screws, easy change. Other now in a box with crystals and logs!

Brian, we are in the group who is current with technology. Personal preferences!

Jim and Gerry

Brian and his crew do a great job - what other purchase have you made that you have access to the people who operate the company that built your coach - and yes it is simply personal preference - my unit is 4 years old and the technology has improved and looks better - that simple - just have to find the right one.
Old 12-05-2019, 10:02 PM   #11
GB1

2020 DynaQuest XL fireplace

Brian, We recently picked up our new DynaQuesr XL 3801TS and are surprised to find the fireplace installed is not the upgraded model with remote and temperature control. When we looked at 2019 units they had upgraded fireplaces and the jump drive manual says we should have the upgraded model. Do we have the correct unit? Thanks.
GB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 10:42 PM   #12
Commercial Member

It’s not really a model year thing, but a supplier/fit thing. I think we had to go with a shallower fireplace due to a design/clearance issue on the ent center. So you have the proper fireplace...we only install one style. While that style may have changed for various reasons, it’s not really upgrade related.

Old 12-05-2019, 11:39 PM   #13
GB1

Thanks Brian.
Old 12-06-2019, 09:38 AM   #14
Commercial Member

I did confirm what I thought to be accurate.
The old one was 32" wide and 9" deep. That created some issues on the BH and some clearance issue on the TV. So we had to find a smaller one. The new one is 23" wide an d5" deep. Our choices in that size we're limited....but more are coming on the market

Old 12-06-2019, 09:51 AM   #15
GB1

Thanks. We were expecting a remote and temp control so we’re a little disappointed.
Old 12-06-2019, 10:58 AM   #16
Commercial Member

My apologies....if we end up finding one, I will let you know and we'll see if we can get it at cost or something.

Old 12-06-2019, 02:18 PM   #17
GB1

Been thinking about your initial response to my question and your mention of BH. We have a 3801TS and it seems there is plenty of space between the fireplace and the TV. I’ll check in a couple days when we get it from storage. Wondering if we got a fireplace for a different model.
Old 12-06-2019, 03:25 PM   #18
Commercial Member

No, we only use one fireplace. And it was the big one. But when we designed the BH entertainment center, that is when we stumbled across the clearance issue, so we change to the new fireplace on both the BH and the TS so that we had one fireplace and we had more clearance.

Old 12-06-2019, 03:30 PM   #19
GB1

Ok. Even our dealer was surprised. Learn something new...
Old 12-06-2019, 10:05 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB1 View Post
Been thinking about your initial response to my question and your mention of BH. We have a 3801TS and it seems there is plenty of space between the fireplace and the TV. I’ll check in a couple days when we get it from storage. Wondering if we got a fireplace for a different model.

Here is the unit from our 3801 TS:
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1182.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	273.0 KB
ID:	220229

Twinstar Fireplace
Model#: 3211310GRA
Serial#: AA-06142-A
tsicustomerservice.com

I think they are less than $300. Has a remote and the temperature can be controlled. Plenty of room, obviously. You may have to do a little modification of the opening since it is wider than the measurements BC quoted.
“Breathe in, Breathe out, Move on”
MoJoe1003 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dx3, fireplace, upgrade