Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-13-2018, 09:46 PM   #1

2015 Dynamax Rev 24TB

Completed 8000 kms(5000) miles trip from Vancouver,BC to Winnipeg, Manitoba via TransCanadaHighway 1 returning on Yellowhead route 16. We encountered awful roads, heavy traffic, winding mountainous roads through Kicking Horse Pass and stead, NW winds head-on mostly from Winnipeg back UPHILL to Edmonton Alta. To say the Rev 24 was great is un understatement. It returned about 16 MPG on Canadian gallon and handled some rough weather without any problem at all. This is a tough, well built MH and especially the quality of construction and stiffness of the structure. Comfortable beds and good layout without the downside of a slideout. The Dodge Promaster 6sp auto and 290 HP v6 were flawless. Only complaint we had was the On Demand Hot water system which was tough to regulate--only able to regulate it was to turn on the sink tap first. Otherwise, a great MH and the best of 4 we have owned. Well done Dynamax. BTW the argument that only single wheels out back is nonsense. There was no swaying or problems and the patented Dynaride was exceptional.
Al & Shirley
fastpaddler1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 10:00 PM   #2

Congratulations on an awesome trip in an awesome motorhome!
I5PhilGa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 09:04 AM   #3
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastpaddler1 View Post
Completed 8000 kms(5000) miles trip from Vancouver,BC to Winnipeg, Manitoba via TransCanadaHighway 1 returning on Yellowhead route 16. We encountered awful roads, heavy traffic, winding mountainous roads through Kicking Horse Pass and stead, NW winds head-on mostly from Winnipeg back UPHILL to Edmonton Alta. To say the Rev 24 was great is un understatement. It returned about 16 MPG on Canadian gallon and handled some rough weather without any problem at all. This is a tough, well built MH and especially the quality of construction and stiffness of the structure. Comfortable beds and good layout without the downside of a slideout. The Dodge Promaster 6sp auto and 290 HP v6 were flawless. Only complaint we had was the On Demand Hot water system which was tough to regulate--only able to regulate it was to turn on the sink tap first. Otherwise, a great MH and the best of 4 we have owned. Well done Dynamax. BTW the argument that only single wheels out back is nonsense. There was no swaying or problems and the patented Dynaride was exceptional.
Al & Shirley
I agree about the single rear wheel...not much different than a van.

To solve your water problem...if you take the shower hose off AT THE FAUCET, you'll see the outlet of the faucet. I think those are heavily restricted and half of the hole is covered with plastic. You can drill that out and that will get you greater flow through that shower head. Also maybe look at a higher flow head. What you want is a 2 or 2.5 gpm head. The oxygenic is 2.0 I think. The Atwood needs 1.5gpm to activate the burner. Just take out any flow restriction devices that are there. The Atwood used to only require I think 0.8, but after the recall that bumped up to 1.5, which is tough to get on an RV shower head.

Girard makes one as well that works on 0.8gpm...we use the Truma now which works at 0.4gpm (but has been successfully tested down to 0.25gpm). That however is over twice the cost of the Girard and the Atwood.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 07:13 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
I agree about the single rear wheel...not much different than a van.

To solve your water problem...if you take the shower hose off AT THE FAUCET, you'll see the outlet of the faucet. I think those are heavily restricted and half of the hole is covered with plastic. You can drill that out and that will get you greater flow through that shower head. Also maybe look at a higher flow head. What you want is a 2 or 2.5 gpm head. The oxygenic is 2.0 I think. The Atwood needs 1.5gpm to activate the burner. Just take out any flow restriction devices that are there. The Atwood used to only require I think 0.8, but after the recall that bumped up to 1.5, which is tough to get on an RV shower head.

Girard makes one as well that works on 0.8gpm...we use the Truma now which works at 0.4gpm (but has been successfully tested down to 0.25gpm). That however is over twice the cost of the Girard and the Atwood.
Thanks. I will do what you suggest next Spring when I unwrap my Revtoy…
AL
Old 11-15-2018, 10:47 AM   #5

Quote:
Al & Shirley
That's too funny ,I figured out the hot water too ,you have to run the sink to talk a shower
nolanfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 01:54 PM   #6

As an owner of a 24RB I agree, great coach, comfortable, economical and durable.!! So far, no issues!
Dpelaez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 06:40 PM   #7

I also have a 2015 REV 24TB. I've put 34K miles on it so far. I tried every trick to get some consistency with the Atwood hot water heater and finally bought a Truma Comfort. Now that's a hot water heater! The lack of a slide and the floor plan were my favorite aspects of the 24TB and I haven't changed my mind. I'd buy it again.
Frenchcreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 07:53 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchcreek View Post
I also have a 2015 REV 24TB. I've put 34K miles on it so far. I tried every trick to get some consistency with the Atwood hot water heater and finally bought a Truma Comfort. Now that's a hot water heater! The lack of a slide and the floor plan were my favorite aspects of the 24TB and I haven't changed my mind. I'd buy it again.
Thank you Frenchcreek I needed to hear that
nolanfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 12:07 AM   #9

Glad you had a good trip. We've done Houston to LA and back and to Durango, CO and back and had a similar experience to yours. We love our REV 24TB.
Old 11-16-2018, 02:14 PM   #10

Quote:
Al & Shirley

Yup, mirrors my experience with the rock steady stability, especially in rough weather.

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 08:09 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchcreek View Post
Did the Truma Comfort fit in the space vacated by the Atwood which I still have?tks
Old 11-19-2018, 09:42 AM   #12
Commercial Member

Truma is designed to DIRECTLY replace the Atwood. Girard also makes theirs to replace the Atwood.

FYI, Truma actually sells three types of doors. Old style (medium flange) for new installs. New style. (This is a narrower, more robust flange) for the latest new installs and "Retrofit". This is a larger flange designed to cover the Atwood door in the case that you have a painted unit.

You can also get the door painted black, so that instead of needing to match up the paint which can be costly, you can just install a black one that will match the look of the windows and trim.

Old 11-19-2018, 06:04 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Truma is designed to DIRECTLY replace the Atwood. Girard also makes theirs to replace the Atwood.

FYI, Truma actually sells three types of doors. Old style (medium flange) for new installs. New style. (This is a narrower, more robust flange) for the latest new installs and "Retrofit". This is a larger flange designed to cover the Atwood door in the case that you have a painted unit.

You can also get the door painted black, so that instead of needing to match up the paint which can be costly, you can just install a black one that will match the look of the windows and trim.
Thanks. What is the model number for the Truma so I can have my RV dealer order and fit one?
AL
Old 11-20-2018, 10:18 AM   #14
Commercial Member

Not sure there is a model...its just called a Truma Comfort. There is also a Truma Comfort plus, but that has a return line to circulate water. It is not plumbed for that one.

Old 11-21-2018, 03:38 PM   #15

Thanks for info. I will followup on the Truma Comfort model
AL