Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-17-2019, 09:48 AM   #1

2016 Dynamax Isata 3 Questions

We are new to RV’s, have just purchased a gently used 2016 Dynamax Isata 3 and have a couple of questions:

1) I’ve read that the acrylic entrance handle is supposed to illuminate, but ours hasn’t/doesn’t. Is it supposed to light full time? If not, what makes it go on?

2) What does the switch next to the headlight switch operate? I hear a click by the entrance door when I operate it but can’t figure out what it is doing. See photo:

Click image for larger version

Name:	2B6FC867-CBC5-470A-B012-D3FC6EC2742C.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	254.8 KB
ID:	215198

Thanks,
Tim
TnT33618 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 10:27 AM   #2
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnT33618 View Post
We are new to RV’s, have just purchased a gently used 2016 Dynamax Isata 3 and have a couple of questions:

1) I’ve read that the acrylic entrance handle is supposed to illuminate, but ours hasn’t/doesn’t. Is it supposed to light full time? If not, what makes it go on?

2) What does the switch next to the headlight switch operate? I hear a click by the entrance door when I operate it but can’t figure out what it is doing. See photo:

Attachment 215198

Thanks,
Tim
1. They did not in the beginning. that is something that we added to later model years.

2. That is the "Battery Boost" also called an emergency start switch. That parallels the house and cab batteries in the event one is dead. So, if you accidentally leave the chassis dome light on and drain that battery, you tie in the house battery and can start the engine. Or, if you drain the house batteries and can't get the jacks up, pairing with the chassis you can get enough juice to start the gen or bring the jacks up.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 10:30 AM   #3

At the bottom of the steps the switches are located. Turning on the porch light turns on the overhead light outside and the lighted grab bar.
Next I believe but please verify the switch on the dash when pushed will start your coach from the house batteries if the engine battery is dead.
Also you should have received a thumb drive with your coach with Isata 3 manuels.
Hope this helps.
Tightlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 11:52 AM   #4

Thanks

Thanks for the replies.

In regards to the entry handle, I removed the screws and there are wires leading into the stainless top mount. The clear handle will slide out and I do see an LED bulb. I tried the switch for the porch light but the handle didn’t light up.

Thanks for the explanation about the dash switch. Is there an off or on position for it? I don’t want to leave something on when it shouldn’t be. The RV has the solar panels but it’s stored inside a warehouse and is plugged in.

As I mentioned, we purchased it used. That being the case, we didn’t receive a thumb drive.

I appreciate the feedback.

Tim
Old 09-17-2019, 12:00 PM   #5

Quote:
Thanks for the replies.

In regards to the entry handle, I removed the screws and there are wires leading into the stainless top mount. The clear handle will slide out and I do see an LED bulb. I tried the switch for the porch light but the handle didn’t light up.

Tim

Well, never mind my comment about the handle. Tightlines was right about the switch. I checked again and it does do on with the porch light. It was too bright inside to notice when the warehouse lights were on. The handle lights!!!
Old 09-17-2019, 12:36 PM   #6
Commercial Member

Quote:
Thanks for the replies.

Thanks for the explanation about the dash switch. Is there an off or on position for it? I don’t want to leave something on when it shouldn’t be. The RV has the solar panels but it’s stored inside a warehouse and is plugged in.

As I mentioned, we purchased it used. That being the case, we didn’t receive a thumb drive.

Tim
The dash switch is a momentary switch...so it is ALWAYS OFF, unless pressed and held.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 12:48 PM   #7

Thanks Brian. The info is appreciated.

Tim
Old 09-17-2019, 02:48 PM   #8

Quote:
Thanks Brian. The info is appreciated.

Tim
Hi Tim, looks like they answered all your questions before I saw them. I also have a 2016 Isata3 FW with 27,000 miles that I bought new in 2016 and love it. Have had very few problems and none I couldn't handle myself. As you have found, this forum, especially Brian is a huge source of information with lots of helpful people. Congrats and enjoy your new Motorhome.
USN-RET/DOD-RET
mlmay12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 04:45 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmay12 View Post
Hi Tim, looks like they answered all your questions before I saw them. I also have a 2016 Isata3 FW with 27,000 miles that I bought new in 2016 and love it. Have had very few problems and none I couldn't handle myself. As you have found, this forum, especially Brian is a huge source of information with lots of helpful people. Congrats and enjoy your new Motorhome.
Thank you. As mentioned, we are new to RV’s so this will be an adventure for us. The unit we bought only has 2100 miles on it, and around 1600 of them were from transport. Hopefully we will have good luck like you have had. Next weekend we will be out in it for the first time, attending the Florida FROG rally. We got the RV in August and thought about doing something Labor Day weekend, but couldn’t find any open sites and got busy with other things too.

Before we purchased we went to a number of different dealers in the Tampa area and heard good things about the Dynamax. Afterwards I found this forum and did quite a bit of research. Having Brian so active here certainly is a big plus as well.

Tim