Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-24-2019, 03:43 PM   #1

2016 Dynamax Isata 3 Slide Issue

As noted above, we have a 2016 Dynamax Isata 3 with the full wall slide. We purchased it used about 6 weeks ago and it has less than 2200 miles on it. When we got it home, I had it in 5he driveway with the slide out for a week or so, then moved it into our storage garage. It’s has been there for about a month plugged in with the slide in. We are planning on taking a trip Thursday so I moved it back in the driveway and wanted to move the slide out to load. Did the following:

1) plugged in power
2) set the brake
3) lowered the stabilizers
4) hit the room slide out button

Nothing happened. This was with the engine off and key out of the ignition. Then tried it with the engine running, the generator running, or both. Still nothing. Checked the breakers as well as inspecting all the 15 amp fuses. All good there. Saw a thread about the reset button on the back of the switch, still no go. NONE OF THE WARNING/FAULT LIGHTS ON THE SWITCH GLOW FLICKER OT FLASH. I’m at a loss. Any ideas? Not getting power? How do I trace that?

Thanks
Tim
TnT33618 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 07:03 PM   #2

Progress made?

I have power to the control now, but need to set the stops (red/green alternating). Red solid, green blinking I push and hold both the 1 & 2 then the in button. Wall is already in. No motor sound. Hit the reset and do the out. Green solid, red blinking. Press and hold 3 & 4 and the out button. No movement.

HELP!

Tim
Old 09-24-2019, 07:30 PM   #3

More Progress

As mentioned, the slide is in the in position. With the green flashing, holding the 1 & 2 and pushing the “in” button, I hear the motor run, but since it’s already in, I stop and push the set/stops button and the lights go green solid and red flashing. I then hold the 3 & 4 buttons, then push out. No sounds.
Old 09-24-2019, 07:43 PM   #4

Just use buttons 1 and 2 again when pressing the out button.
Buttons 3 and 4 are used when you have two slides.
NearDenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 07:49 PM   #5

That did it!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NearDenver View Post
You are a life saver! That fixed it. Many thanks!!!

Tim
Old 09-25-2019, 01:28 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NearDenver View Post
Very nice NearDenver, people like you are why this is such a great Forum.
USN-RET/DOD-RET
mlmay12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 04:53 PM   #7

More Problems

Has anyone had their slide come in on its own? Last night after I got the slide working, I left it out, planning on getting things situated for our trip tomorrow. I went to Fort Myers this morning and when I got home about an hour ago, the slide was in. How could that happen?

In looking at the panel, once again it was no lights and seemingly no power. Unbolted the panel from the wall and did the reset that would include the stops. Got the green light to blink and the red light solid, held the 1 & 2 buttons and pushed in, but no reaction. Tried it over a number of times, still nothing. May have made a mistake here, but sine the slide was in, I thought I would see if I could set the out stop. Switched it to red blinking and green solid, held 1 & 2, pushed out and the motor engaged, moving the room out. Let go of the buttons when the room was out, pushed the set button and got the continuous red/green fast blink. Started over with the green blink red solid, held 1 & 2, pushed in but no power again. What is happening?

It is hooked up to shore power, and the battery reads 13.6/full.

Thanks,
Tim
Old 09-25-2019, 07:51 PM   #8

I had an issue like that. After driving in the rain, the lights on the slide panel were blinking. I tried to reset stops but that just got the slide stuck out.
The slide moter control is located in the largest outside storage bin (on the 24fw at least). The wires are feed into the bin and sealed with spray foam.
In my case, water leaked thru the foam (surprised?). The water followed the wire and ended up in the control box.
I removed the control box and dried it out. Used hair dryer too.

After that, I just needed to set the stops.

I think this is like when you get your phone wet. Once dried out it might work for a while but long term health is doubtful. I bought a replacement control box as a spare.
Old 09-25-2019, 08:11 PM   #9

Denver,

Thank you for trying to help me. I’m doing the same thing I was successful with last night, but can’t get the in button to function. The out button will get a reaction. I did see the thread that bclemens made “slide switch issues, post here” and it sounds like my trouble.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ly-190669.html

My RV is also the full wall model, but it has been inside and I don’t think it could be a water issue but I will check.

So for now my slide is stuck in the out position. Do you know how to retract it manually? As mentioned, ours is second hand and we didn’t get the thumb drive manual.

Tim
Old 09-25-2019, 09:02 PM   #10

In my case, while setting the stops worked to go out but not in.
That's why I was stuck at a road rest stop for 9 hours.
When I noticed there might be water in the control box I decided to remove that. Then the slide worked. (After drying it out)

If setting the stops doesn't drive the motors, you likely have a control box issue. (But of course could be the moter)
Old 09-25-2019, 09:31 PM   #11

Thanks again Denver. I’m thinking it must be a control pad issue. The out will activate the motors but the in won’t. I checked the slide motor control and it seemed fine.

Do you know if there is a way to bring the slide manually, without the motors? Where do you access it?

Tim
Old 09-26-2019, 03:50 PM   #12

I have never moved the slides without the motor. I understand it's possible but a lot of work.
Old 09-26-2019, 04:04 PM   #13

I received the instructions and it looks that way. I have a new control board coming, should be here tomorrow. Will leave it open in my driveway until I get it installed

Thanks again for your help.
Old 09-26-2019, 04:04 PM   #14
Commercial Member

Best bet is to replace the controller (brain) AND the switch itself. I would try calling LCI directly....let them know the slide moved on its own and you need a replacement. See what they say.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 04:41 PM   #15

I would wait for the controller also as it certainly sounds like the culprit. Here is a short video (not Dynamax specific) on disengaging the slide motors so the slide can be moved manually in an emergency. Once the slide is moved in, reinstall the motors to lock in place. Glad it’s sitting in your driveway.

https://youtu.be/YzqbvwCJpNU
milkman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 04:37 AM   #16

Thanks

Thank you Brian and milkman.

Tim
Old 09-08-2021, 02:05 PM   #17

Question Rear slide retracted by itself

Just got a very slightly used isata 3 RW. When camped yesterday the bedroom slide retracted by itself while the bed was still down. Wouldnt move back out or in. Got low voltage fault light even though plugged in. Changed wires from switches at controller and still nothing on the rear slide but the dining room slide moved with the rear switch. I then changed the wires from the controllers to the motors and got the slide to work. Put all the wires back to normal and today everything works. I had used the outside shower hose to wash my hands after opening the blackwater valve and hung the shower head back up which hangs right above the controller and did notice a couple drips of water on the controller so this could have been a moisture issue which raises a few questions.
1. If these controllers are sensitive to moisture why are they in this compartment right below the handheld shower?
2. If slides can activate themselves like this is there a way to lock them out or turn off power to them without just pulling the fuses? With grandchildren in there I would like to be able to lockout the slides.
3. If you do cut power to them would they need to be reprogrammed?
dbwobbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 02:55 PM   #18
Commercial Member

1. There was a recall on the LCI switch/controller. You might want to check that on yours. https://forestriverinc.com/owners/Recall-Search

2. Just the fuse.

3. no, you can cut power and they should be fine. There is a video on how to reset the slide stops if need be. Youtube or the Dynamax website. "How To Videos"

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide