Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-23-2017, 02:06 AM   #1

Question 2017 Isata 3 - City Water Not Working

Ciry water not working; I have to fill fresh water tank from city water and run the water pump.

What am I missing?
M16A1VOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 08:57 AM   #2

You may have already checked, but the "Anderson Valve" in the rear compartment where the outside shower is located needs to be in "Normal" to get city water into the MH.

When it's selected to "Tank" city water just fills the fresh water tank.

Hope it is something easy like that. I attached an explanation of how the valve works. I don't think it was in the Dynamax bag of stuff, can't remember where I got it.

Happy camping.

Dave
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Winterization - Anderson Valve.pdf (485.5 KB, 103 views)
caswelld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 09:36 AM   #3

I believe the Anderson PDF says use city water setting to get water to your MH fixtures? It amazes me how after all the years of manufacturing that an information sheet like this doesn't get included with all the other documentation about the various systems onboard.
NealM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 10:38 AM   #4

You can tell we are newbies from post above so I was on the phone with western U.S. Forest River contact Brandon asking about the Anderson valve and I believe he told me the "winterizing / sanitizing " valve is not used. Anyone confirm that? If it is used, what is the procedure?
Old 12-23-2017, 03:25 PM   #5

I found an earlier post that seems to cover the Anderson valve functions. Thanks.
Old 12-24-2017, 08:42 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NealM View Post
I believe the Anderson PDF says use city water setting to get water to your MH fixtures?
Sorry about the confusion, listen to Neal here. Select "City" for city water into the MH. I'm afraid I provided a good example of free advice

Regarding winterization, there is a post about that. On my first try to winterize last week, I had selected "Winterize" on the Anderson Valve & I couldn't get the antifreeze to draw into the MH. After some exchanges with BC, I discovered that the pump had lost its prime. So I put a couple of gallons of water back into the fresh water tank, got the pump working, then switched back to "Winterize" on the Anderson Valve & it sucked up the antifreeze into the MH just fine.

BC said they switched the plumbing to use the exterior city water connection rather than the connection on the Anderson Valve [it has a black plastic cap on it] to avoid leaks in the bay. That Anderson Valve is a nice feature
caswelld is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
city water, water