Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-22-2016, 12:33 AM   #1

2017 Rev 24RB General Discussion - Impressions

Hello Everyone,

This forum seems to be very throrough and helpful. I was wondering the general impressions of the Dynamax Rev 24RB (with drop-down bed).

I am a prospective buyer of my first motorhome and this one looks like the one for me. I justt get a little skittish sometimes thinking about the possible repairs, time in the shop, recalls, and things of that nature.

Is this just part of the territory when buying any RV? I was told by the dealer that Dynamax is of a very high quality and is dependable.

Any Rev owners that want to share their basic overall impressions? Or possibly a few things for me to keep an eye out for/consider? It would be very, very much appreciated.

Thanks

TW21
TheWanderer21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 07:17 AM   #2
Commercial Member

We understand the hesitation, especially for a first timer. Dynamax has a 2 year/24,000 mile warranty on our construction, so we stand behind our product. Any Dynamax or Forest River dealer, and in this case Dodge dealer, should be able to take care of you for service needs.

As for recalls and things of that nature, that just comes with the territory. However customer sat is faction is of great importance to us so we will support you the best way we can.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
zgipson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 11:38 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWanderer21 View Post
Hello Everyone,

This forum seems to be very throrough and helpful. I was wondering the general impressions of the Dynamax Rev 24RB (with drop-down bed).

I am a prospective buyer of my first motorhome and this one looks like the one for me. I justt get a little skittish sometimes thinking about the possible repairs, time in the shop, recalls, and things of that nature.

Is this just part of the territory when buying any RV? I was told by the dealer that Dynamax is of a very high quality and is dependable.

Any Rev owners that want to share their basic overall impressions? Or possibly a few things for me to keep an eye out for/consider? It would be very, very much appreciated.

Thanks

TW21
I bought my REV earlier this summer and so far I have only had a few minor issues. I made and cancelled two visits to the dealers service department because they were not worth the trip. I will probably take it in over the winter to have another step installed and get the other stuff done then.

So, mostly trouble free. Much better build and quality than most other brands. Lots of good accessories included that will cost you thousands of Dollars to add to "equivalent" motorhomes.

Good ride. very tight turning circle. easy to maneuver. quiet. Good headlights. Lots of storage. I receive compliments every time I take it out. Looks great. Excellent bathroom and big enough for me!

I weigh close to 300 lbs. so the driver's seat is a little small for me but not so small that I can't go where I want to go. The dash AC is less effective than the Chevy chassis and the Ford. You may want to find out where you can get the Dodge Promaster chassis serviced before you buy. Most Dodge dealers can't lift a motorhome.

I was concerned about the 6 cylinder engine but we have adapted to each other; although I have not gone up the mountain to Penn State yet. a few days ago I found myself cruising close to 80 on the NJ turnpike, once I realized my speed I slowed a little. I can't see the speedometer during daylight, too dark. I use my GPS to tell me the speed.

Essentially, most of my issues are with Dodge, not Dynamax. However there are few issues to hassle over compared to other brands.

You can look at some of my posts in this forum for my other comments.

I would not hesitate to buy another one. I had plans to get a Tiffin in the next few years but I don't know that I could do that now. Dynamax has spoiled me.

Bobby

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 07:25 AM   #4
Commercial Member

Cheers to that Bobby!
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
zgipson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 11:29 AM   #5

We have a 2015 REV RB.
One thing to consider is that all motor homes are assembled using parts from other manufactures. The hot water heater, refrigerator, stove, and air conditioner to name a few. So you may have a problem with one or more of those parts, but the it would be the same with any RV manufacture.
I can tell you that the loft bed works much better than the one that Winnebago uses. I am a member of their Promaster based forum, and they have lots of problems with the bed used in theirs.

One thing to also consider, is how you want to use the RV. We don't go someplace and stay for weeks or months at a time. We like to use it for weekends or trips to Ohio from Orlando to see relatives. We have no problem in the mountains. The Promaster handles much better than the 2007 View H on Mercedes Sprinter that we traded for the REV.

With this one you can drive it like a van and park it where you can't park a large RV

Tom D 2018-5 REV R
B Orlando
Tom-n-Dale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 07:38 AM   #6
Love my Rev

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWanderer21 View Post
Hello Everyone,

Thanks

TW21
---------------------We were just like you , bought first motorhome , im 62 ( new 2015 Rev ) looked mainly online for ever at all the smaller motorhomes . We "love" ours for road trips , and there will be a few things you find that you don't like - you need to be the type to do it yourself ( me )/ or take to the shop and wait , good luck !
steve32409 is offline   Reply With Quote