Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-11-2018, 04:26 PM   #1

2018 37TS Air line hookup?

I know I have probably looked at it 10 times but I'm not seeing the fitting to hook the air extension line to so you can air up your tires. Is it in a bay, underneath or under the hood?

Thanks

Randy & Dee
2018 DX3 37TS
"Orange Crush"
RV Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 04:31 PM   #2

I had the same problem. It is located in the battery bay, upper right, attached to the frame work. It is also black which makes it a little difficult to see.
hook47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 06:29 PM   #3

Found it! Thanks! I would have been looking for the sucker for awhile.

I got the Crossfire installed today. This is a sweet system. Makes it really easy to see what the rear tire PSI is without a gauge and makes it orders of magnitude easier to put air in the rear duals.

I got the 100 PSI version since that is what I will run in the rears, and the version that allows you to hook up the TST TPMS sensors to each wheel.

Randy & Dee
2018 DX3 37TS
"Orange Crush"
RV Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 09:20 AM   #4

RV Randy, did you have to remove your hub covers to mount the crossfire?
Old 03-12-2018, 10:24 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRedburn View Post
RV Randy, did you have to remove your hub covers to mount the crossfire?
No. You just remove one of the two real lug nuts that hold that hub cover on. Then you put the L bracket in the kit on the lug stud and re-install the lug nut. The 2 real lug nuts can be identified by a press mark on the side of the lug nut cover and they are directly across from each other. All the other lug nuts on the cover are decorative and will just turn if you try to remove them. Super easy install, takes about 20 minutes each side. Don't bolt the control valve to the L bracket until the lug nut is tightened down, the valve will fit above the lug nut once it is tightened up good. It attaches with a single 9/16 bolt. You can install the L bracket 2 different ways. Put the hole that does not have the counter sunk depression over the lug stud. This counter sunk area is intended to go under the real lugs nuts that hold the wheel on. I also ground a little flat spot on the part of the L bracket that touches the center cap just so it fits perfectly flat and doesn't mark up the center cap.

You may need to remove both lug nuts and rotate the cover so one of the real lug nuts is centered exactly between the valve stems on your wheels. My valve stems were already installed exactly across from each other. If your wheels are not like this already, you will need to have them rotated so they are.

I turned the Crossfire control valve slightly so there is more room to access the fill valve where it is close to the center hub. The nice thing is, when the tires are aired up to exactly 100 PSI, the lines on the display line up. If they are over filled it displays red (which will happen routinely when they are hot and the air pressure has increased. If they are low on air, it will show black. It also has the separate valves to attach the TST TPMS sensors for each wheel.

You can also get the control valve in 105 and 110 PSI versions if you want to consistently run those higher pressures. The version that has the 2 extra valves (like what is in the pictures) so you can add individual TPMS sensors is the PP-STV-2, but confirm this with the vendor.

PS-Someone had expressed a concern about using a setup like this since they had something go up between the rear tires and break off a valve stem for the inner tire. This system does not change anything on your factory valve stems, so it does not make it any more vulnerable to that happening.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Crossfire 1.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	294.1 KB
ID:	164981   Click image for larger version

Name:	Crossfire 2.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	297.7 KB
ID:	164982  

Randy & Dee
2018 DX3 37TS