Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-22-2019, 09:00 PM   #1

2018 Dynaquest XL Upgrade List

Our thanks to everyone that provided guidance as we made our decision to purchase the 2018 Dynamax Dynaquest XL. Will bring it home on Dec 5th.

Have been reading all the threads we can possibly find regarding innovative upgrades and improvements we should plan on completing over the coming months. We would appreciate input on "must do" upgrades when we take delivery to improve the enjoyment of the XL.

So far our primary list consists of:
- Roadmax LED headlights
- Koni Shock Absorbers
- Front and Rear Sway Bars
- Wineguard Connect 2.0
- WeBoost Cell Booster

Our Would Like To list includes:
- Caliber 9 Grills
- Ex-Guard HD-425B

Thank you in advance everyone...
Ed and Shelley
EdandShelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 10:44 AM   #2

Whoo Hoo... Enjoy. Post pictures so we can all be jealous.

Mike&Donna
2013 Dynaquest 390XL
On the dolly:
2012 Scion iQ (Inclement weather & grocery getter)
Mythplaced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 11:01 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythplaced View Post
Whoo Hoo... Enjoy. Post pictures so we can all be jealous.

The ex guard I added and love and it was not as expensive as I would have thought - parts were less than 1500
Old 11-23-2019, 11:06 AM   #4

The
Cow Catcher" will pay for itself the first time a deer jumps into the roadway @ 65 mph.

Mike&Donna
2013 Dynaquest 390XL
On the dolly:
2012 Scion iQ (Inclement weather & grocery getter)
Mythplaced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 11:54 AM   #5
Señor Miembro

I'm glad you started this thread/list.

1. Upgrade dash radio to Kenwood DNX775RVS (has RV specific navigation)
2. Upgrade CB to one with weather alert (I did thise partially to see if CB original CB broken as wasn't working and because we were caught in microburst 80mph wind storm on way home from dealership). Also replace antenna and wiring (wiring from freightliner is aweful).
3. Paint POR15 on all the rusting chassis parts
4. Add rare earth magnets to sliding doors to hold in place while traveling. And make it a solid panel door so when someone turns on a light it doesn't wake everyone else.
5. Replace driver seat with one more comfortable, with heating and cooling, and one shorter if you're tall.
6. Replace rear window in master bedroom with openable living room style one (somewhere there is a thread on this by Halla or Fourwheel)
7. Reroute winterization antifreeze draw hose and valve to be at foot of bed so it is accessible. Also need a stick to hold the bed up while you work under there or are winterizing.
8. TST Tire Pressure Monitoring System
9. See Level II tank monitoring system
10. Rear frame rollers/skates to prevent dragging
11. Snap Pads
12. Cab sound proofing and/or wireless noise cancelling headset with Audio Books

WeBoost cell booster - I'm not sure that is needed as the WineGuardConnect2.0 does that. It'll connect to either local wifi network or cellular data network (when sim card installed and added to your cellular plan.) E.g. It gives us wireless verizon 4g data and acts as a local wifi router/access point. Does that for either cellular or connecting to local/campground wifi.

See Also thread(s):
Custom Mods Manufacturer should have done
Rancher Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 12:52 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpheifer View Post
The ex guard I added and love and it was not as expensive as I would have thought - parts were less than 1500

Click image for larger version

Name:	59077419941__D98245C3-79E9-4FDC-BEE2-B9A3E1C8CA5C.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	389.7 KB
ID:	219744
Old 11-23-2019, 02:49 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rancher Rob View Post

2. Upgrade CB to one with weather alert (I did thise partially to see if CB original CB broken as wasn't working and because we were caught in microburst 80mph wind storm on way home from dealership). Also replace antenna and wiring (wiring from freightliner is aweful).

4. Add rare earth magnets to sliding doors to hold in place while traveling. And make it a solid panel door so when someone turns on a light it doesn't wake everyone else.

5. Replace driver seat with one more comfortable, with heating and cooling, and one shorter if you're tall.

6. Replace rear window in master bedroom with openable living room style one (somewhere there is a thread on this by Halla or Fourwheel)

7. Reroute winterization antifreeze draw hose and valve to be at foot of bed so it is accessible. Also need a stick to hold the bed up while you work under there or are winterizing.

11. Snap Pads

12. Cab sound proofing and/or wireless noise cancelling headset with Audio Books

WeBoost cell booster - I'm not sure that is needed as the WineGuardConnect2.0 does that. It'll connect to either local wifi network or cellular data network (when sim card installed and added to your cellular plan.) E.g. It gives us wireless verizon 4g data and acts as a local wifi router/access point. Does that for either cellular or connecting to local/campground wifi.

See Also thread(s):

Do you have any pics or info on the rare earth magnet mod?
Old 11-23-2019, 08:57 PM   #8
2018 Dynaquest 38TS

Welcome to the Dynaquest family! You are going to love it.
DR Quest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 07:52 AM   #9

Great list. While I'm on a DX3, I have done (or have plans for) several of these. Keep us posted!
WanderingPhoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 07:17 PM   #10

Making progress!

Rettrobands are installed.
Old 08-18-2020, 11:23 PM   #11

Quote:

11. Snap Pads

See Also thread(s):

Hi Rob
Resurrecting this list...

My wife really wants more ventilation in the bedroom. Your #6 talks about Halla or Fourwheel doing this. Having trouble finding that thread. Any help would be appreciated.

Will update the mod/upgrade list on our profile now that we’ve put 10,000 miles on it and are upgrading along the way. For example... installed pistons to help lift and hold bed. This also made it easy to add storage shelves under the bed (we love this add).
Old 08-18-2020, 11:58 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdandShelley View Post
Hi Rob
Resurrecting this list...

My wife really wants more ventilation in the bedroom. Your #6 talks about Halla or Fourwheel doing this. Having trouble finding that thread. Any help would be appreciated.

Will update the mod/upgrade list on our profile now that we’ve put 10,000 miles on it and are upgrading along the way. For example... installed pistons to help lift and hold bed. This also made it easy to add storage shelves under the bed (we love this add).

Rob
Cancel above question... found Halla’s window project!
Ed
Old 08-19-2020, 09:01 AM   #13

Quote:
Rob
Cancel above question... found Halla’s window project!
Ed
Easy project, let me know if you have any issues.
Old 08-19-2020, 09:25 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by halla View Post
Easy project, let me know if you have any issues.
Thanks Halla!

Showed my wife the solution to her desire for some ventilation. She is nervous about pulling the window. Told her your comments seemed really straight forward.

Is the window a stocked item at Lippert?
Old 08-19-2020, 09:31 AM   #15

Took 2 or 3 weeks I believe, but that was before the pandemic, not sure now. I had to measure a few times, but the install was pretty straight forward and easy.
Old 08-19-2020, 09:36 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by halla View Post
Took 2 or 3 weeks I believe, but that was before the pandemic, not sure now. I had to measure a few times, but the install was pretty straight forward and easy.
Thanks
Old 08-19-2020, 11:21 AM   #17

What is best location to get the front and rear sway bars for the M2-112?
Old 08-19-2020, 12:07 PM   #18
Señor Miembro

Quote:
She is nervous about pulling the window. Told her your comments seemed really straight forward.
I was told by an experienced very successful older RV service guy that swapping the windows can be done but that they often aren't ever as well sealed again as the original manufacturer window.
While I believe the guy truly feels that that way, after seeing how these things are made, I can't understand how, with a little care and attention to detail I couldn't have it Better sealed than the original.
Has anyone any input on this?
Old 08-19-2020, 12:16 PM   #19
Señor Miembro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travler View Post
What is best location to get the front and rear sway bars for the M2-112?
Travler, I have front and rear anti-sway bars on order from Roadmaster Inc in Vancouver, WA. They should be installed in my rig in about a month. I'll let you know how they work out. I'm local to Roadmaster and so I am being their guinea pig in exchange for a discount. They have made lots of sway bars for the M2-106 but I'm the first M2-112. They've already inspected and taken measurements on my rig and are now just trying to get them into a new production run. So far though, I'm really impressed by them and their trackbar and steering stabilizer I've had installed last week.
Old 08-19-2020, 02:25 PM   #20

Quote:
Travler, I have front and rear anti-sway bars on order from Roadmaster Inc in Vancouver, WA. They should be installed in my rig in about a month. I'll let you know how they work out. I'm local to Roadmaster and so I am being their guinea pig in exchange for a discount. They have made lots of sway bars for the M2-106 but I'm the first M2-112. They've already inspected and taken measurements on my rig and are now just trying to get them into a new production run. So far though, I'm really impressed by them and their trackbar and steering stabilizer I've had installed last week.
Following with great interest.

Tags
upgrade