Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-01-2017, 04:34 PM   #1

2018 Isata 3 FW repost from welcome mat

Just figured out where to post this: sorry for the duplicate posting

Just picked up our new RV and had a very rocky start. Spent 2 full days trying to do the walk-around, biggest problem, we ordered theater seats and it came with a dinette. Every time we started learning about our new RV, something wrong was discovered... we had 4 water leaks - 2 fittings under the stove, the supply line to the shower head which had a manufacturer defect ( supply line made in China), leak in outdoor shower due to ruined gasket (probably someone in a hurry and not properly done). Slide failed the second morning, had to be reprogrammed, hydraulic leveling failed to level, had to be reprogrammed...opened the awning, greeted with flying plastic parts... my wife of 5'4" could not walk under it. One more thing on the fix-it list. These are all things that should have been thoroughly checked at Forest River, then rechecked by Lazy Days in Tucson, especially the fact that there were no theater seats.

On the 600+ drive home, all interstate, had screws fall out from I don't know where. Not to mention a screw on the bed that stabbed me in the back because someone left it there.

Instead of taking our dream trip, we will be leaving our RV at a dealership we did not purchase it from to put in the theater seats and do body work... for who knows how long.

On the plus side, Lazy Days bent over backwards to do everything to correct all the problems they could fix. Our tech, Marty, was awesome in answering our questions and fixing problems when they arose.

Is the normal first time brand new RV experience?
lungho6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 04:40 PM   #2

good luck with getting things fixed I din't read anything about body work did you hit something on the way back?
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 05:02 PM   #3

body work

No, the body work is defects from the factory, many dings from where someone wasn't careful and scratched the heck out of it.
lungho6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 03:38 PM   #4
Commercial Member

That is not normal. The theater seats was a sales mistake. When you ordered your coach, it was a 2017. We transitioned to 2018 and 2018 price sheets. When the sales person made your unit a 2018, he did not check the box for the theater seats.
So on the bright side, you ordered a 2017...got a 2018, but we'll need to square away the seating situation....which I know they are working on.

The awning is not necessarily an error, that awning is adjustable. When its brand new and they are setting the adjustment points, it might not have settled onto the adjustment screw. Instructions are in the manual...its a pretty simple process as I just did one at a show. Loosen two lock points....then tighten the bottom allen screw. That screw goes in, and makes the awning attachment knuckle, pivot and move away from the motorhome...raising the awning pitch. One person on a ladder can push up on the arm, tighten the allen screw (just count the rotations) even though the manual say two people are needed. Same thing on the other side to set it exactly where you want it.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote