Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-16-2018, 04:13 PM   #1

2019 Force HD Seat Swivels

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1654 2.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	325.7 KB
ID:	189393

I wanted to post an update and picture to show what the swivels for the factory National seats can do and post about the install. First again thanks to Mr. Clemens for sticking with this and helping find a solution to the new changes and for sending me the swivels to try out.

The passenger seat is pretty simple and straight forward to install. Remove the 4 seats bolts and slide rail bolts. There is 3 options as far as hole alignment for the swivel which really does not matter which you choose. The way I installed, you do have to cut the slide rails bolts off to about 5/8" which when installed back onto the swivel, will allow them to clear the bottom of the swivel mechanism. Put the seat back on and done. Now it is difficult in a place or two to get to the nuts to tighten back up but not that bad.

Drivers side is where we concerned. Removed the seat and slide rail bolts and cut the bolts off like on the passenger side. I did put more thought into this side because Brian was concerned about it cleared the steering wheel when swiveled. With the 3 options for bolt holes on the swivels, I used the option which would move the seat away from the steering wheel when turned. On the bottom of the seats there are 2 options for bolt holes and again I chose the option which would give more clearance when turned. When making these choices, it was a little tougher to get the nuts back on the bolts and get your hands and ratchet in there to work but it can be done.

Results on the drivers side is they are great..... To operate you raise the steering column up and out of the way. Next scoot the seat forward and start to swivel. Halfway around you scoot the seat again and continue turning the swivel. Works like a charm and really simple. Brian there is plenty of clearance between the seat and steering wheel when the seats are turned. I don't know if the bolt hole options I chose might have made a difference to give more clearance or not but could not be happier.

I posted on another thread that the thickness of the swivel base is about 1 5/8" and today I measured the bolt hole centers for maybe other seat options or maybe a fabricated plate to help with the DX3's

The centers for the 3 different options on the bolt holes for the swivel to the slide rails are 11", 11 1/2" and 12".. This is a front to back measurement. Side to side measurement is 11 1/4" on center. Hope I explained this where its understandable and if anyone needs any more I would be happy to try and measure.

Once again Brian thanks a lot for sending me these. They really work nice...
Old 10-17-2018, 07:30 AM   #2

Nice job, and nice write up.

Happy this all got sorted our for y’all.

JT
Old 10-17-2018, 08:28 AM   #3

I would like to do this. I'm taking my seats out next year and having them covered in leather. Is there a link to those swivels? Will gladly purchase. Thanks
-slim
Old 10-17-2018, 10:06 AM   #4

Here are the part #'s Brian posted a while back and the ones he sent me.
SK144815 (DS)
SK144817 (PS)

As far as where he ordered them from I have no clue. I know that you can order from your local Freightliner which I did but ended up canceling the order because he got them twice as fast as I did.

Slim again these are for the factory National seats Dmax has gone to now. But I will add that fabricating these to fit another seat I think is very possible. The best part is they are only 1 5/8" thick so it helps with the " too high " problem some have had. Also I think the DX3's may have larger seats Im not sure. Brian can maybe chime in and add better info then I can.
Old 11-25-2018, 10:06 AM   #5

Nice job Mountieman. This is now one of the options I'm considering. From what I can tell all the Dmax M2's have National bases. The Force now has the National seats as well and the DX3, along with previous year model Force HD's, have the bigger Lexington/LCI seats. The LCI seats are not your typical RV or truck seat with 4 mounting holes on the bottom to bolt to the slides on the seat base. They are what look to be conversion van seats with the base you see pictured that has multiple mounting holes for various applications. The swivel on the older Forces and all DX3's actually acts as an adaptor as well that allows Dmax to use the wider seat with a wider bolt pattern. As you can see from the picture the swivel adaptor is offset. It's also about 3" in height in the front because it has risers to tilt the seat bottom. This is how the seat ends up a bit off center from the steering wheel and so darn high.

So what I'm going to do is see if I can get the National Admiral seat with swivel and use the existing base. The National Admiral has all the features of the Bostrom WideRide and it also gives you a decent choice of genuine leather and Ultraleather colors. And by not having to purchase a new base, it will cost less. Or you can put the savings into having custom covers make to suit your taste.

In my opinion bigger is not always better. The primary function of these seats is for driving. The secondary function when swiveled is to be part of the living area. But in making them look more like furniture almost all the adjustability is lost. The LCI seats move forward/aft and the back reclines...that's it. They're much bigger and puffier than truck seat, but its form over function.

Truck seats can have air adjustable seat and back bolsters, up to 3 air adjustable back lumbar support areas w/backcycler, heat and cool options, fore/aft & up/down/tilt seat cushion adjustment, infinite seat recline dials, up to 17" adjustable armrests. All this is to make the seat fit you like a glove and allow hour number six feel like you just sat down.

My recommendation to Dynamax is to start offering the premium truck seats from National as at least an option and consider function over form. The Lexington seats are good seats, but the premium truck seats are more feature rich.

So to summarize the truck seats are:
1) Lower than the LCI's...even with swivel added
2) Centered on the steering wheel
3) More feature rich
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Dmax Swivel.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	361.0 KB
ID:	192094   Click image for larger version

Name:	Seat bottom pattern.JPG
Views:	132
Size:	235.6 KB
ID:	192095   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dmax Swivel2.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	328.8 KB
ID:	192099  
shultz01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 01:26 PM   #6

x2

JC70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 02:56 PM   #7

I must be the only one that likes the stock seats lol
Old 11-25-2018, 07:04 PM   #8

I should have done a better job taking pics and measurements of the bases and swivels but I was kinda excited to have them and just wanted to see how they were gonna work. If there is anything I can measure for anyone I will be happy too. Just let me know. I do not think the seats I have are the best by no means and I have sat in much more " plush " seats for sure but I really have no complaints with them or the swivels now.
Old 11-26-2018, 11:13 AM   #9
Commercial Member

Nice job Mountieman....and thus the student becomes the teacher

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 11:32 AM   #10

I called National this morning. You can order just the upper seat of any National seat and they all have the same bolt pattern.
They gave me seat upper and low profile swivel part numbers.
4U049.3xx - Admiral driver upper
4U079.3xx - Admiral passenger upper
229729-05 - driver swivel
229729-06 - passenger swivel
Old 11-26-2018, 07:58 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Nice job Mountieman....and thus the student becomes the teacher
LOL I am still the young Grasshopper with much to learn...
Old 11-28-2018, 08:15 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by shultz01 View Post
I called National this morning. You can order just the upper seat of any National seat and they all have the same bolt pattern.
They gave me seat upper and low profile swivel part numbers.
4U049.3xx - Admiral driver upper
4U079.3xx - Admiral passenger upper
229729-05 - driver swivel
229729-06 - passenger swivel
So you think if I remove the factory 2018 DX3 seats and swivels, these Admiral seats & swivels will bolt direct to the existing base? Any idea how much the new seat/swivel combo will reduce the height? Do they have 2 armrests on each seat?

Update: Just checked the National website and entered in 2018 FL M2 106 and it say the Admiral seat won't fit. Did they tell you it will actually fit?
RV Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 06:57 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV Randy View Post
So you think if I remove the factory 2018 DX3 seats and swivels, these Admiral seats & swivels will bolt direct to the existing base? Any idea how much the new seat/swivel combo will reduce the height? Do they have 2 armrests on each seat?

Update: Just checked the National website and entered in 2018 FL M2 106 and it say the Admiral seat won't fit. Did they tell you it will actually fit?

Hi Randy.

They told me the bolt patterns on all the seats and bases are the same. From what I’ve found the only difference between their medium duty Premium seat for the M2 and the Admiral is seat cushion width, upholstery choices, and features. The National seat and swivel should lower the seat at least 2” just taking into consideration the National swivel is only a bit more than an inch thick. The local Fleet Pride quoted the seat uppers at $999.99 (genuine leather) each and the swivels at $103 each.

Also note that Renegade has National seats and swivels in their Verona LE. The seats in their units are not the single armed bottom of the line seats. They have two arms and what looks to be bolster and lumbar adjustments. See picture. Click image for larger version

Name:	56459873933__FBBD50E1-E890-4BE2-9B68-E20C32A3B2A5.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	419.0 KB
ID:	192345This leads me to believe we can use any model upper on our bases. There may be a small adjustment or two in doing so, but it will be worth it.
Old 11-29-2018, 09:18 AM   #14

Thanks Andy, I'll check it out further.

Randy & Dee
2018 DX3 37TS
"Orange Crush"
RV Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 03:32 PM   #15

I have a 2018 Force TS HD how can I tell who manufactured the seats in this coach? They do not have a swivel, and only one arm rest
Graphicaccents is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 06:28 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphicaccents View Post
I have a 2018 Force TS HD how can I tell who manufactured the seats in this coach? They do not have a swivel, and only one arm rest

Can you post a picture of the seats?
Old 12-06-2018, 10:01 AM   #17

Here are some pics, they are very nice seats
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_20181206_092221363.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	32.9 KB
ID:	192695   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181206_092238864.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	192696   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181206_092311655.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	29.1 KB
ID:	192697  
Old 12-06-2018, 10:32 AM   #18

Those are the LCI/Lexington seats. They DO swivel. The yellow level releases the seat. Once released pull the seat away from the door then swivel it.
Old 12-06-2018, 11:16 AM   #19

Fantastic, I just did both seats!!! Thank you very much schultz01. I love these forums you learn so much!
Old 12-06-2018, 11:50 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphicaccents View Post
Fantastic, I just did both seats!!! Thank you very much schultz01. I love these forums you learn so much!

Happy to help. :-)