Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-20-2018, 12:55 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Well, mystery solved for those that continue to have issues....

1. On the original Jensen wall mount unit, we had an optical cable that we ran.
2. They upgraded the wall mount DVD player to be smaller and have an Audio Return Channel (ARC) and Dropped the optical output. So, good thing in theory, we no longer need to run the optical cable as just a single HDMI would work.
3. Around this same time, everyone wanted t be able to play anything on any TV...so we added an HDMI matrix. So in fact we do have a splitter in between the signal, as we are no longer running the HDMI direct. It goes to the matrix and the matrix feeds all the TV's so you can watch that DVD in the living room or bedroom.

So, the only way to get audio is through the aux...not the HDMI ARC since that cable is split.
Not so on my 2019 ISATA 3. There is no HDMI to the Bedroom TV. Only RCA cables.
Barch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 01:52 PM   #22
Commercial Member

Perfect example of why we put the disclaimer...the HDMI matrix was a running change for 2019. We had hoped to get them in before the model change over, but the supply was pretty late. So it was more of a mid-model year roll out.

unless you have an HDMI matrix and then it was likely one of the first. We may have put a few in before the wiring was in place.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 02:14 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barch View Post
Not so on my 2019 ISATA 3. There is no HDMI to the Bedroom TV. Only RCA cables.
So, video off the Jensen wall unit comes via an analog composite cable (yellow plug)? Yuck. Did it also come with a Betamax?
JEB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 03:21 PM   #24

I traded a 2017 Winnebago Fuse for our 2018 Isata 3. The only thing that the Winnebago had over the Dynamax was the TV set-up. Two sets of indoor speakers, front and back and both TV's were operable off the Jenson DVD player. For some reason my Isata speakers work some times and not others I had the Jensen unit out to check the wiring and the speakers out too, and still sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I'm reserved to the fact that this will end up being a DIY upgrade.
Go UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 03:23 PM   #25

Thank you for taking the time to figure all this out. Appreciate your help.
Otizmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 05:01 PM   #26

Ok I just tried main tv and the Jensen head I have choice of aux front and aux rear tried both nada on the sound still just comes out via tv speakers even turned tv speakers off nada. Is this just the way it is or do I have a problem again thanks
Old 11-20-2018, 05:03 PM   #27

Agree yuck at least ours does have hdmi in the bedroom.
Old 11-20-2018, 05:12 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otizmo View Post
Ok I just tried main tv and the Jensen head I have choice of aux front and aux rear tried both nada on the sound still just comes out via tv speakers even turned tv speakers off nada. Is this just the way it is or do I have a problem again thanks
Do you have RCA cables coming out of your main TV? Look for a pair of plugs--one white and one red. If not, then that explains why you have no sound via aux inputs.
Old 11-20-2018, 05:33 PM   #29

No RCA cables
Old 11-20-2018, 08:44 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEB1 View Post
So, video off the Jensen wall unit comes via an analog composite cable (yellow plug)? Yuck. Did it also come with a Betamax?
Correct. HDMI to the front TV. Yellow RCA to the rear TV. I took the rear TV out.
Barch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 06:45 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otizmo View Post
No RCA cables
Unfortunately, it appears you have now exhausted all of your options. If you want to get your TV’s audio through the stereo speakers, you will need to rewire your system. It isn’t hard but you will have to pull out the Jensen wall unit and run new cables. If you aren’t comfortable doing it yourself, your dealer can do it or, better yet, take it to a car stereo shop. Many of them also work on RVs and they are very inventive. My recommendations are:

1. Relocate the current HDMI cable on your TV to HDMI 2. That will create a direct link between the TV and the HDMI switch.

2. Buy a new Blu-Ray player, plug it into one of the HDMI switch’s inputs and mount it to the top of the switch with heavy-duty Velcro. This will allow you to play discs on both your main and bedroom TVs. You’ll no longer be able to use your Jensen wall unit as your primary disc player, but blu-rays are better anyway. They play more formats and have better video chips.

3. Run a new HDMI cable directly from the rear of the Jensen wall unit to your TV and plug it into HDMI 1/ARC. You could probably just cannibalize the HDMI cable currently running from the Jensen to the switch. By bypassing the switch, you will now be able to use ARC for TV audio. The TV can also be used as an AV switcher if you ever found the need.

4. Although somewhat redundant, I’d also recommend running RCA stereo cables from your TV to the rear RCA inputs on the Jensen wall unit. Analog cables tend to be more stable than HDMI, particularly if your TV signal is weak. With RCA cables, you’ll hear popping and cracking when the OTA signal pixelates. But the audio when using HDMI will cut out for a couple of seconds. It can be annoying.

Good luck.
Old 11-24-2018, 12:11 PM   #32

Thanks disappointing
Old 01-29-2019, 01:29 PM   #33

I have a 2019 isata 3 fw and am trying to turn the two outside speakers off! We are in a camp ground so can not use it until I figure out where to go to do this! Any info greatly appreciated! System sounds wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks leonard, North Dakota
I am not trying to hijack a thread but was replying to a thread that seems to have disappeared!! SORRY!!!!!
wanderer44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 01:34 PM   #34
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer44 View Post
I have a 2019 isata 3 fw and am trying to turn the two outside speakers off! We are in a camp ground so can not use it until I figure out where to go to do this! Any info greatly appreciated! System sounds wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks leonard, North Dakota
Should have (3) buttons on the radio. A-B-C. Those are the speaker sets...A is normally inside front, B is normally outside. You just need to turn B off.

Old 01-29-2019, 01:37 PM   #35
Commercial Member

If you post a picture of the stereo, I can try and show you if its not obvious. Some had all three buttons, some were on a menu.