Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-23-2019, 01:16 PM   #1

2019 Isata 3 fw slide leaks w/driving

Anyone else having issues? Normal??? It was a heavy rain but don't believe this should be happening. It also happened while power washing but assumed it was my fault. Before I go to the mothership at lazy days wanted to see if this is common....thanks in advance
Timms4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 05:50 PM   #2

We have an isata 3 24FW 2019. So far no real heavy rains for us while driving. My concern is the bottom center slide seal. You can get your fingers between the seal and the frame. So far no leaks!!!
wanderer44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 06:38 PM   #3

That is the location where the water came in...both instances so that makes sense but I don't see any gaps, everything "looks" tight... Thank you
Old 07-24-2019, 09:09 AM   #4
Commercial Member

If it happens when driving, it is likely a seal void at the mitered corners of the slide...mainly at the top I see. That can then find hollow tubes to travel.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 10:37 AM   #5

Thank you, is there a known fix that dealers are aware of?
Old 07-24-2019, 10:44 AM   #6
Commercial Member

besides re-sealing the corners of the slides where they are mitered? And verifying that is actually the case? no, not really.

Checking for seal voids (IE a seal has pulled away from the paint or aluminum or something has shifted) would be the first step in any diagnosis.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 11:24 AM   #7

Thanks I'll take it in and let them take a shot at fixing it.
Old 07-24-2019, 09:04 PM   #8

Isata 3 Leaking while driving

We have an 2018 Isata 3 RW and the only time we've had water issues was during a horizontal rain which cause some water to come in via the rear slide out. The seals were checked and all were found to be in good order and with all rains since the leak there has not been an issue.
chrisplan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 09:30 AM   #9
2009 F450 2015 Cardinal

slide leaks

our 2015 Cardinal 3875FB leaks at the bottom of the galley/kitchen slide. The bottom wipe seal leaves app. 1/2" gap between the top of it and the bottom of the slide unit when the slide is in. When it is extended, the wipe seal is tight. The Cardinal customer service rep suggested the slide needed adjustment. I am still attempting to ascertain, what that entails.
AntonJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, slide