Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-03-2020, 03:34 PM   #121

Lube for slim rack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldnapapartsguy View Post
I got this response:
Danielle Sodeman
Thu, Mar 26, 8:43 AM (2 days ago)
to me

Good morning Bill,

I have double checked multiple sources to see if your coach has been included on the recall and it is not. In regards to the rollers and aluminum plates this is normal, eventually wear grooves will be present.

Thank you,

Danielle Sodeman

Dynamax a division of Forest River, Inc.

574.262.3474 Ext: 55219
I called LCI and got the straight talk about maintenance on the power gear slim rack. They say to only lube the spur gears top and bottom. They were specific about the proper lube. I have since lubed mine and it is much smoother and very quiet, a very noticeable improvement. It does not come with a straw so I used the nozzle off another can I had. I also got the WD40 version and I think it is almost exactly the same.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	71JzwlxwaDL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	148.1 KB
ID:	226196  
2014 Explorer & 2006 Jeep Unlimited
Oldnapapartsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 04:39 PM   #122

I just had my recall completed at Lake Region RVs in Ramsey MN. They did a great job. I was in and out of there in a hour and everyone at the service department was great. If you are in central Minnesota I would check with them if you need your recall completed.
Old 09-21-2020, 06:29 PM   #123
Former Tanker

Question Regarding Slide Fuse

I read through this thread because I am on the verge of buying a 202 Isata-4 FWF that's included in the recall; I will not be the first owner, and the dealer who is selling it is not a Forest River dealer. The dealer can't or won't consider performing the repair. Amusingly, the certified repair tech whose shop is a mile from my house has no problem doing so. My issue is moving the Isata from the selling dealer to my repair tech, a distance of about 250 miles. The selling dealer's service supervisor has offered to "pull the fuse" prior to the trip. That doesn't seem like a terrible idea, but I'd like to have some confidence that "pull the fuse" translates to "pull the correct fuse". Is there a map somewhere that will show me which fuse (or fuses) to pull?

I have to comment on Ms. Sodeman's quick response when I reached out to Forest River at the start of this episode. She answered my questions quickly and directly.

Thanks for any assistance you can provide.
X12AEsq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 06:31 PM   #124
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by X12AEsq View Post
I read through this thread because I am on the verge of buying a 202 Isata-4 FWF that's included in the recall; I will not be the first owner, and the dealer who is selling it is not a Forest River dealer. The dealer can't or won't consider performing the repair. Amusingly, the certified repair tech whose shop is a mile from my house has no problem doing so. My issue is moving the Isata from the selling dealer to my repair tech, a distance of about 250 miles. The selling dealer's service supervisor has offered to "pull the fuse" prior to the trip. That doesn't seem like a terrible idea, but I'd like to have some confidence that "pull the fuse" translates to "pull the correct fuse". Is there a map somewhere that will show me which fuse (or fuses) to pull?

I have to comment on Ms. Sodeman's quick response when I reached out to Forest River at the start of this episode. She answered my questions quickly and directly.

Thanks for any assistance you can provide.
Shouldn't be a problem for the dealer...try to operate the slide. If it moves, wrong fuse.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 06:44 PM   #125
Former Tanker

Thanks

Mr. Clemens, that was quite a quick response

Thank you, I should have figured that out myself.
X12AEsq is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
recall, slide