Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-21-2019, 11:15 AM   #1

2019 Isata 5 Camera Mirror Monitor Manual

Hello,
I noticed my 2019 Isata 5 mirror monitor has what appear to be touch type controls up and down on the right side of the mirror glass.
I have no manual and don't even know the manufacture. Does anyone know how these touch screen controls work and what they do?
I don't want to just start pushing them to see what I can mess up.

Thanks in advance!
Old 03-22-2019, 11:38 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom in Ohio View Post
Hello,
I noticed my 2019 Isata 5 mirror monitor has what appear to be touch type controls up and down on the right side of the mirror glass.
I have no manual and don't even know the manufacture. Does anyone know how these touch screen controls work and what they do?
I don't want to just start pushing them to see what I can mess up.

Thanks in advance!
How about Brian Clemens.....any ideas as it looks like I may have hit a tough question.
Old 03-22-2019, 11:49 AM   #3
Kanadian Kamper

SOME.....cameras had come designed with an internal motor that allowed you to adjust the height of the camera aim. Not sure there’s many around anymore. Seems like if you set it once it shouldn’t need to be realigned enough to need a motor adjustment.

Kinda like......if you’re the only one driving your car, the mirrors would never need to be moved once you set them the first time, therefore power mirrors would be a bit of a non issue.

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 12:19 PM   #4

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenandterry View Post
SOME.....cameras had come designed with an internal motor that allowed you to adjust the height of the camera aim. Not sure there’s many around anymore. Seems like if you set it once it shouldn’t need to be realigned enough to need a motor adjustment.

Kinda like......if you’re the only one driving your car, the mirrors would never need to be moved once you set them the first time, therefore power mirrors would be a bit of a non issue.
You might be right as I just tried a couple of the touch buttons on the mirror and they don't do a thing? I already adjusted the rear camera manually and the view is much better.
Old 03-23-2019, 04:17 PM   #5

Tom, we have a 2019 30fw which we picked up in may. we have a Boyo 6" TFT-LCD monitor, which fits over the mirror. I found a brief user's manual online and printed before i found it in my "manual".

i like the rear camera position, but don't care for the right turn signal camera position because i believe i get a better depth perception from it than the side camera, especially with regards to the toad. and, i haven't found a way to turn it off. also, there are significant delays.

i also don't seem to get satisfactory contrast, especially when wearing sunglasses. so, if anyone feels differently, i'd love to heard settings advice.
Dick Skeers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 09:24 PM   #6

Here you go;

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...as-157065.html

2018 Isata 5 DS
sseaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 09:04 AM   #7

I'll look up that manual in my searches today. I couldn't locate the name or model of monitor any where on the unit.
Old 03-24-2019, 09:07 AM   #8

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by sseaner View Post
Thanks for the link on the side camera's. I have a small Aluma 14 ft. trailer that I tow my Smart car on so this may be a good upgrade.

Tags
manual