Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-08-2019, 10:16 AM   #21
Commercial Member

Some stock shots from Mercedes. Most are applicable, a few might not based on options.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SSPVANSIP17180.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	251.5 KB
ID:	211827   Click image for larger version

Name:	SSPVANSIP17283.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	228.3 KB
ID:	211828  

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 10:43 AM   #22

That’s a lot of buttons! The good thing about these new chassis is it’s helping the resale value of my 2017. Just wont see an Isata 3 loaded for $89k anymore.
milkman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 11:02 AM   #23

Looks awesome, can't wait to park my butt in mine. Paint it up!
Tmrut5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 11:12 AM   #24
Commercial Member

I agree...this should certainly help with resale value. This drives the price of a new one up quite a bit.

Old 08-08-2019, 11:20 AM   #25

Too bad Mercedes focused on toys instead of GVWR. Oh well, moving on!
Magnatudes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 11:26 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatudes View Post
Too bad Mercedes focused on toys instead of GVWR. Oh well, moving on!
A 3500 chassis is a 3500 chassis, don't think there is much MB could do to reduce weight on their end. It's all in what you put on it, and in it. I just got a 2019 Equinox to tow behind it that weighs under 3300lbs. That gives me plenty of additional capacity to stow extra gear if I am going on the long trip.
Old 08-08-2019, 11:41 AM   #27
Commercial Member

technically they did focus on GVWR...they now have the 4500 which adds a thousand lbs or os, but at the expense of towing and to the tune of another $2500 or so.

Old 08-08-2019, 11:44 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
I agree...this should certainly help with resale value. This drives the price of a new one up quite a bit.
Got my eye on an upgrade this year. There is a Force 34KD in Black Mirage at MHSRV that just looks awesome with every option. Very cool. Just don’t know if I can convince the DW to ride around in a Freightliner......
Old 08-08-2019, 12:08 PM   #29

Quote:
technically they did focus on GVWR...they now have the 4500 which adds a thousand lbs or os, but at the expense of towing and to the tune of another $2500 or so.
So what does that mean, is there a change to the chassis to accommodate more weight or are they just playing tradeoff games and calling it a 4500. As you already know, the 3500 is maxed out even without loading up CCC. It needs more suspension & higher load range tires instead of living on the edge.
Old 08-08-2019, 12:55 PM   #30

Any information on suspension, steering feel, handling, GVWR, GCWR, power, and transmission behavior for the new chassis? I have zero interest in the touchscreens and knob-ology, but how the truck works as a truck is very important.
BehindBars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 01:29 PM   #31

Quote:

Brian,
The technology available in the 2019 looks interesting but I have to agree with others it would have been better if Mercedes had robustly addressed GVWR and GCWR. So the 4500 has a GVWR of 12125 lb (3500, 11030 lb). Can you remind us about GCWR, is it still 15250 lb? Even if GCWR remains the same my interest would be peaked for an Isata 3 on 4500 chassis. That way one can take their stuff without towing a "cargo vehicle". Any plans along those lines?

Thanks,
Mike
Nknussman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 01:43 PM   #32
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatudes View Post
So what does that mean, is there a change to the chassis to accommodate more weight or are they just playing tradeoff games and calling it a 4500. As you already know, the 3500 is maxed out even without loading up CCC. It needs more suspension & higher load range tires instead of living on the edge.
No idea. That would be a question for Mercedes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BehindBars View Post
Any information on suspension, steering feel, handling, GVWR, GCWR, power, and transmission behavior for the new chassis? I have zero interest in the touchscreens and knob-ology, but how the truck works as a truck is very important.
This vehicle felt quieter. Not sure if it was the chassis, changes that we have made or both. But it was certainly quieter in my mind. Power was PLENTY. Mind you, I am in Indiana and its flat, but when pulling out into traffic, I had zero reservations. In fact, it JUMPED a bit and I had to throttle down a tad off the start. Could be the new transmission. I guess I would say this...I did not notice anything that sticks in my mind. Meaning the chassis just got out of the way. I never felt like I was rattling, bumping, bouncing, rolling, lack of power or overly noisy. The only thing I did notice is the engine sounds REALLY tinny (tin metal, not small), but I had just spent a week in an M2. So apples/oranges.

We upgrade to Bilsteins on the 19 chassis but we have NOT used the Helwig to this point.
1. The new Mercedes stock sway bar was within 1mm or so of the Helwig so I wanted to try the ride without. Also, at times we have had complaints about the popping noise on the Helwig if they are not torqued properly (which is a maintenance item). I think the Helwig bushings are probably better, but in the end, I think the advantage is not nearly what it was on the 18 and is close enough, I think I would rather avoid the potential pitfalls of messing with the stock bar and potential popping noise.

Old 08-08-2019, 02:32 PM   #33

Quote:
Could be the new transmission.
You just said something that may be the key to the rating change.
Old 08-10-2019, 02:18 PM   #34

I have a Class A Jayco Precept V10 gas engine and thinking about downsizing and going diesel. The ISATA 3 seems to be what I am leaning towards. We want to head to the mountains and wonder if the ISATA 3 engine is strong enough to pull us up mountains and especially in the Rockies while towing a Chevy Sonic. Also will the ISATA 3 be coming out with the MB version of adaptive cruise control anytime soon? Thanks!
mitchhelms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 02:33 PM   #35

We tow a Jeep Wrangler and I'm always impressed by how well it does. I find shifting down manually and keeping the revs in the 'sweet' spot (2200-2600) works well.
Old 08-10-2019, 03:20 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchhelms View Post
We want to head to the mountains and wonder if the ISATA 3 engine is strong enough to pull us up mountains and especially in the Rockies while towing a Chevy Sonic.
I tow a Honda CR-V which is probably heavier than the Sonic. I have gone all over the mountains of New Mexico, Arizona, Utah and Colorado with little effort. Went up Monarch Pass (11,312 ft) in S Colorado last year on cruise control and it held 45 mph (speed limit on the pass) without touching the gas pedal.

We are in the mountains of New Mexico right now.
Old 08-10-2019, 03:36 PM   #37
Commercial Member

The new 19 Mercedes chassis already has adaptive cruise. We’re building on them now.

Old 09-04-2019, 10:01 AM   #38

Brian, my new Isata 3 on the 2019 chassis is to arrive here in Phoenix this week. Can you please tell me what specific Firefly app I should download, I see they have several on their site. Would like to have loaded on my iPhone when I do the PDI. Also, bedsides the Firefly app, and the Equalizer app, is there anything else. Thanks
Old 09-04-2019, 01:29 PM   #39
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmrut5 View Post
Brian, my new Isata 3 on the 2019 chassis is to arrive here in Phoenix this week. Can you please tell me what specific Firefly app I should download, I see they have several on their site. Would like to have loaded on my iPhone when I do the PDI. Also, bedsides the Firefly app, and the Equalizer app, is there anything else. Thanks
Vegatouch Mira.

The only other one I downloaded was the Dynamax Owners Guide...but I don;t think I have used it yet.