Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-27-2020, 12:04 PM   #201

We are still planning to attend. If the pool isn't open, we should all bring super soakers and have fun!! Just to hang out and see people....hope we can still see most folks!!
farby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 01:32 PM   #202

Had reserved spot 196, I just called the resort and cancelled and they said they would refund my credit card. I appreciated that they are refunding us rather than issuing a voucher.

We have enjoyed the previous 2 gatherings, but with everything up in the air, we are just playing it safe. Maybe by the fall things will have settled down and we can try the west coast gathering in South Dakota.

Really wanted to get part of that country visited, but it will have to wait a couple years. Maybe hit the 2021 gathering.

Everyone have fun and stay safe.
Vansteenburg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 08:20 PM   #203

We are sad to report that we won't be attending this years rally. Today we cancelled our reservations for space #184 (a primo spot with spectacular neighbors!).

Hopefully, this will be the only rally we ever miss as we have had a blast at each of the others. We want to publicly thank Aaron & Julie for undertaking the huge effort of setting these up for us. We're just sorry that we can't be there to enjoy your company again!

See you in Savannah!!

Your friendly vectors, Joe & Ann
Old 04-28-2020, 02:24 PM   #204

We have spot 178. Although we were looking forward to seeing everyone we met at last years gathering, unfortunately we have cancelled our reservation. We will watch for information for next years gathering and hope to see everyone then.
LRmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 08:15 AM   #205

We have not cancelled as we remain somewhat hopeful but if the "Stay at Home" order is not lifted by mid-May here in NJ it is unlikely we will get our coach back from the dealer in time to make the rally.

My suspicion is SaH is going to be extended to at least June 1st here.

2020 Isata 5 30FW 4x4
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit
TrailWayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 03:08 PM   #206
MSgt & MSgt, USAF Retired

We haven't cancelled yet, Oklahoma is opening this week. We are going to wait a couple more weeks before making the call. Be safe..
2020 Ultra CVO
Traded in 2020 ISATA 5 36DS
clockcuff_66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 03:48 PM   #207
NXR

So the theme truly can be "Who let the DOGs out?" !

Ray
Old 04-29-2020, 06:20 PM   #208

Despite all the cancellations there must have been plenty in line, the web site still shows the dates fully booked.
acoxFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 07:37 PM   #209
MSgt & MSgt, USAF Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by acoxFL View Post
Despite all the cancellations there must have been plenty in line, the web site still shows the dates fully booked.
I wonder if they are still blocked out fir the rally. Might try calling if you haven’t.
clockcuff_66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020, 05:35 AM   #210

After significant consideration, we cancelled our reservation yesterday. Hope to see all of y'all the next time around.

Be safe!
Old 04-30-2020, 07:56 AM   #211

Our block of sites ran out a while ago and I know the resort had a waiting list of some sort, probably regulars and locals.

We will have a small group this year, if we are all able to attend. It will not be as “formal” as the last two, but a good chance to see a few other owners and get out of the house. We will not have sponsors this year. I am going to try and figure out who still has a reservation over the next few weeks and I will be in touch as we get closer to the travel date.
Old 04-30-2020, 09:55 AM   #212

We are extremely sad but we too feel we have to cancel our rally reservation for this year. Premium Spot #152 is open now if anyone needs it.

Thanks much Aaron and Julie for organizing and planning these! We will surely miss everyone! Looking forward to Savannah to catch up.

Hope all of you are safe and healthy!

See you along the roads soon.
Susie and Dave
SusieR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020, 10:11 AM   #213

Thanks for the heads up, I just moved from 199 to 152 to be a little closer to the remaining group. We are just next door in Texas, so this is not too bad of a drive for us.

South Padre Island opens back up May 4 and we are heading down there for a few days to get some time in the new RV before we take longer trips.

Louisiana just extended their stay at home order to May 15. I am still optimistic that things will open back up my mid-June, but the resort did confirm you can still cancel if they are unable to open their amenities (which don’t interest me).

I missed the first two gathering and don’t plan to miss the third even if a smaller group.
Old 04-30-2020, 01:59 PM   #214

Cannot believe I caved under pressure from my wife and decided to cancel our reservation as well. Spot 191. I was determined to show up, but alas, it is not to be. Will shoot for next year.
Gotta make a 2600 mile round trip to the factory to have the entire tile floor on my XL replaced two weeks after the rally. So, it is probably for the best to cancel the rally trip anyway.
Y’all have fun and I hope to see some of you the road later this year.
“Breathe in, Breathe out, Move on”
MoJoe1003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 08:50 AM   #215

Good morning all!! It seems that we too will be cancelling. With all this uncertainty and the fact we just haven't been using the RV, I'm almost tempted to sell it when things return to normal. Paying $2K a month to use an RV 3-4 per year doesn't sit well with me. I was hoping to retire soon and start traveling but I don't see that in my near future. Sad part is, we FINALLY after two years got all the bugs worked out. UGH.

If we still have it and there is another event next year, we hope to see ya'll! For the rest of you that are going, be safe and have a GREAT time!!

Updated list: If anyone has any changes, feel free to post and I'll update the list.

126:
127: Jag73e
146: RKBob
148: Wolf Alaska
149:
150: Shawnrothfuss
151: Nomads
152: milkman55
154: DavidMort
157: Bill Davis
158: FOURWHL
159: MasterBlaster
160: Cookie86
162: joet19711
163: Motorhome1
169: Savannahjoe
173: Shultz01
174: Halla
175: BClemens
177: bambamdrw
178:
179: Trailwayz
183:
184:
185: letsgorving
186: sunset beast
187:
188: HoustonStroker
190:
191:
192: dbutton
193: Tom in Ohio
194: clockcuff_66
195: TX-Max
196:
197:
198: maytheForcebewithyou
199:
200: cookiedeaux
Orangecrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 04:41 PM   #216

Not going to be the same without you Orange Crush. Keep in touch. Hope you end up holding onto the DX3. If not let us all know.
Old 05-03-2020, 08:21 AM   #217

Leslie and I will be dropping out as well. Sometime next week we will be trading in our ISATA 5 for a new Newmar London Aire. ( We missed the space, comfort and power of the big bus).

The ISATA is great and I think it is a great performer for the money.
Stanmawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 09:42 PM   #218
Viet Nam era Navy veteran

It may look different through another person's glasses

Orange crush wrote:"With all this uncertainty and the fact we just haven't been using the RV, I'm almost tempted to sell it when things return to normal. Paying $2K a month to use an RV 3-4 per year doesn't sit well with me. I was hoping to retire soon and start traveling but I don't see that in my near future."

A large luxury asset like a motorcoach, large boat, turbo prop or personal jet, don't usually get used a lot....whatever that means. (200 hours for an aircraft or 10,000 miles for an RV is typical) The value of these machines is that it is yours, yours to personally use whenever you want. Otherwise, you can't have that adventure or you rent a machine based on availability.

If you are going to have a good used Dynamax that you know about from the first wheel roll, you must keep your DX3. If the $2,000 payment bothers you, just pay for it. Then all you have to do is pay the normal fixed costs, fuel, and maintenance.

After 2 years of constant work, and the help of a team of 6 companies and about 25 different people, Fury is a fully operational motorcoach and is upgraded to near Ultra conditions. The new electronics are actually better than the Ultras may have been delivered.

You have the advantage of owning since new. One pervious owner of Fury was a lying moron. You don't have that kind of inherited problem.

As your retirement draws nigh, you will see a new world of adventure awaiting you for motorcoach travels.

Your DX3 will be faithfully awaiting your commands. Load up and head out.
"Escape to the open road…life is calling!"

We are traveling this year to Gatlingburg, Crossville, in TN; to Iowa, and Spearfish,SD for the Western Gathering, and then on to Cody, WY; the Wind River canyon; Raton, NM; Mesa,AZ; Tuson, AZ; Sante Fe, NM, Los Cruses, NM; Jacksonville, FL, Lake City, FL; Greenville, SC, and Nashville, TN. We will probably visit the Grand Canyon again, Meteor Crater, Devils Tower, the Buffalo Jump, and maybe Little Big Horn Battlefield again.

Fury loves to roll. We have missed out on the Mid America Truck Show, the Heavy Duty Truck East Coast Rally, and this rally isn't lookin' too good. But we are not going to stay in 712 much longer. Went out today for a 50 mile training flight and everything is FULLY OPERATIONAL.

If you would like to be part of any of our adventures, let me know. I'm a hellava tour guide and know the West (and love being out there).

Don't lose heart. Hang in there. Dynamax makes Magnificent Traveling Machines. The folks at the company want us to use these wonderful vehicles the like of which have only been on planet Earth for 20 years or so. We are blessed to have these machines. I treasure every moment I'm around Fury. Washing it, repairing it, or driving it over America's vast highways.

You will too, if you just give your machine a chance, and PUT IT ON THE ROAD. We are going wherever we want, and when ever we want. You can too.

Best Regards.

Let's Roll !
Wolf Alaska

Fury, Dynamax Freightliner Columbia Grand Sport GT GC400GT
Papa Bear, Jeep Commander Overland
Wolf Alaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 07:05 AM   #219

Quote:
Originally Posted by halla View Post
Not going to be the same without you Orange Crush. Keep in touch. Hope you end up holding onto the DX3. If not let us all know.
Aaron,

We love the DX3. After two years, I finally have everything fixed and/or modified to our liking. (at least for now...lol) Making the payments doesn't bother me as much as making payments for something I'm not using. We will miss this year's event and hope to see ya'll next year. Thank you for everything you do and stay safe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanmawyer View Post
Leslie and I will be dropping out as well. Sometime next week we will be trading in our ISATA 5 for a new Newmar London Aire. ( We missed the space, comfort and power of the big bus).

The ISATA is great and I think it is a great performer for the money.
We traded our Newmar in for our DX3. Granted, it wasn't the London Aire but the quality of the models don't improve with price, just the options. I hope yours is great but my friend who purchased his the same month as mine had the same problems. It was always in the shop. Good luck with your choice, enjoy the road!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Alaska View Post
Orange crush wrote:"With all this uncertainty and the fact we just haven't been using the RV, I'm almost tempted to sell it when things return to normal. Paying $2K a month to use an RV 3-4 per year doesn't sit well with me. I was hoping to retire soon and start traveling but I don't see that in my near future."

A large luxury asset like a motorcoach, large boat, turbo prop or personal jet, don't usually get used a lot....whatever that means. (200 hours for an aircraft or 10,000 miles for an RV is typical) The value of these machines is that it is yours, yours to personally use whenever you want. Otherwise, you can't have that adventure or you rent a machine based on availability.

If you are going to have a good used Dynamax that you know about from the first wheel roll, you must keep your DX3. If the $2,000 payment bothers you, just pay for it. Then all you have to do is pay the normal fixed costs, fuel, and maintenance.

After 2 years of constant work, and the help of a team of 6 companies and about 25 different people, Fury is a fully operational motorcoach and is upgraded to near Ultra conditions. The new electronics are actually better than the Ultras may have been delivered.

You have the advantage of owning since new. One pervious owner of Fury was a lying moron. You don't have that kind of inherited problem.

As your retirement draws nigh, you will see a new world of adventure awaiting you for motorcoach travels.

Your DX3 will be faithfully awaiting your commands. Load up and head out.
"Escape to the open road…life is calling!"

We are traveling this year to Gatlingburg, Crossville, in TN; to Iowa, and Spearfish,SD for the Western Gathering, and then on to Cody, WY; the Wind River canyon; Raton, NM; Mesa,AZ; Tuson, AZ; Sante Fe, NM, Los Cruses, NM; Jacksonville, FL, Lake City, FL; Greenville, SC, and Nashville, TN. We will probably visit the Grand Canyon again, Meteor Crater, Devils Tower, the Buffalo Jump, and maybe Little Big Horn Battlefield again.

Fury loves to roll. We have missed out on the Mid America Truck Show, the Heavy Duty Truck East Coast Rally, and this rally isn't lookin' too good. But we are not going to stay in 712 much longer. Went out today for a 50 mile training flight and everything is FULLY OPERATIONAL.

If you would like to be part of any of our adventures, let me know. I'm a hellava tour guide and know the West (and love being out there).

Don't lose heart. Hang in there. Dynamax makes Magnificent Traveling Machines. The folks at the company want us to use these wonderful vehicles the like of which have only been on planet Earth for 20 years or so. We are blessed to have these machines. I treasure every moment I'm around Fury. Washing it, repairing it, or driving it over America's vast highways.

You will too, if you just give your machine a chance, and PUT IT ON THE ROAD. We are going wherever we want, and when ever we want. You can too.

Best Regards.
Thank you, I'm on the fence so I'm sitting this one out until I can make a clear decision. Hopefully I'll be able to travel one day!
Orangecrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 08:52 AM   #220

For those who are considering selling their RV due to COVID 19 uncertainties, hang in there if you live RVing. When this has subsided, how else are you gonna vacation? Fly somewhere in an enclosed aircraft with several hundred people breathing the same recirculated air? Stay in a hotel room where you have no idea of the level which it’s been disinfected since the last guest?

I predict that when this is largely behind us, RV prices will rise due to increased demand for a safe and viable family vacation/recreation alternative.
Stanmawyer is offline   Reply With Quote