Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-26-2019, 12:23 AM   #1

2020 Isata 3 - late season options

I was at MHSRV today and saw the 2020 Isata 5 30FW in person for the first time. Never could find a day that they had on the lot, but got lucky today and it had just arrived. It met all my expectations, just didn’t have the theater seats I need. It was Magnetic paint and Pebble/Driftwood interior.

I see all the interior colors are changing and Pebble is now Stone on the newer arrivals? We are looking for Stone/Caramel with the theater seating.

They have a unit “on order” that has the right options, but it said in the description in the options, it had the 2-stage self leveling front air suspension? Assume this is the new improved front suspension that has recently been discussed?

It also listed powered reclining theater seats which I assume are the new powered version of the theater seats also recently discussed.

Just wanted to confirm my assumptions are correct. The MSRP was significantly higher, so I assume they are ordering the 2-stage self leveling front air suspension on all new orders?

The salesman could not figure out how to turn on the master power switch and finally found it on the battery tray? Seems like there should be a master power disconnect somewhere other than the exterior battery tray?

I did see one item I could not figure out. It was mounted on the wall behind the drivers seat. Seem like it needed a cover over the wiring? What am I looking at in this picture?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	408201D6-8599-4D63-A188-110C6CA0DB3E.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	417.0 KB
ID:	219864  
milkman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 08:23 AM   #2

I just noticed I messed up the title. Talking about the Isata 5 30 FW.
Old 11-26-2019, 08:31 AM   #3

You are looking at the keyless entry receiver module. My guess is that is should have a cover over it though.
Happy Camper 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 09:09 AM   #4
Commercial Member

Correct, there is now a power recliner option and a front air ride option. Looks like they order them loaded.

As for that controller, yes it is likely new on the Ram...I had not seen them before. Just saw the first picture 3 days ago. We'll need to find a better spot.

That is on the Front side of the wing wall however...correct? behind the driver seat? So not completely exposed. I think on the normal truck that gets mounted to the rear cab wall....which is why we put them there.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 09:20 AM   #5

Yes, it was behind the drivers seat on the wing wall, not very well organized or protected. There was a 36DS that had just arrived and I noticed the wires on that module were all messed up and disconnected? Anyway, a cover would be good.

On the new front suspension upgrade, how will warranty be handled on a third party modification to the suspension? I am pretty sure Dodge won’t touch it.

What about the master power disconnect? I didn’t see any switch like I am used to seeing in most RV’s, just the red disconnect in the outside battery bay?
Old 11-26-2019, 09:57 AM   #6
Commercial Member

1. We likely had no idea it was being added until it got here. They don't tell us much. So the line just put it where they thought. Already in the process of working on that.

2. Warranty will have to be handled by Kelderman. I'm sure they deal with that now.

3. On the big trucks we have always put the disconnect in that battery compartment. I guess the Sprinters have always been by the door. This past trip, I never used the disconnect...so I never really thought about it. I turn the inverter off, there is a master light switch that I turn off. And I have solar. I also needed the water heater to stay warm.

Old 11-26-2019, 10:41 AM   #7

So Milkman, are you moving to the Isata 5?

Be sure to tell us all about your experience with it.

We looked last summer & really liked the hotel part, although the climb from the cockpit to the back was not as easy as the other Isatas. But what a great looking rig!

Dave
caswelld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 10:50 AM   #8

The plan is to upgrade this year sometime. I would really like to drive one before I make a final decision. Unfortunately, MHSRV will not let you test drive until you have signed “deal” for a specific unit. Kind of frustrating when you are trying to decide on a chassis. We want to know if you can hold a conversation without shouting at each other at 65mph on the Interstate. My DW biggest complaint on the Isata 3 is the road noise in the cab when traveling at highway speeds.

You are lucky to even find an Isata 5, much less drive one. Seems like most but them buy of orders or sight unseen. Now we have the new front suspension that has not even hit the dealer lots yet which would be a major factor in deciding on the Dodge chassis. We did notice the effort to get from the cab to the back was more difficult in the Isata 5 than in our Sprinter. That is not a deal breaker.

The CCC was 2283 lbs, now that was something to get excited about.
Old 11-26-2019, 11:21 AM   #9

We also noticed the great CCC.

The dealer we visited in North Carolina offered a test drive.

Not sure what's going on in Alvarado!
caswelld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 11:30 AM   #10
Commercial Member

I just posted a "real world" test of the 28SS. I will also upload a video of the drive.

For what its worth. I think the stereo in the new Ram is really nice. Good bass. Even my College son was impressed.

He was sitting in the dinette and I was able to hear him. The only wind noise from the door was when I didn't close it all the way.

Old 11-26-2019, 11:35 AM   #11

I will say the weight of the doors on the Dodge 5500 did feel much more substantial than the Sprinter. When I upgraded the speakers in the Sprinter doors there was nothing there except sheet metal for the exterior panel. I added some soundproofing, but it didn’t help much.

I told her to wear noise cancelling headphones, but that was not well received
Old 11-26-2019, 11:46 AM   #12
Commercial Member

I think the new Sprinter is quieter than the old Sprinter. We have also been experimenting with different entry doors. While the weight issues of the Sprinter limit that ability, we can use heavier entry doors on the 5 and up. But man, some of these doors are twice the weight and the frames can shrink the clear opening. But, that is the price you pay...quality is not cheap or light.

Old 11-26-2019, 04:36 PM   #13

unpleasant dealing

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkman55 View Post
The plan is to upgrade this year sometime. I would really like to drive one before I make a final decision. Unfortunately, MHSRV will not let you test drive until you have signed “deal” for a specific unit. Kind of frustrating when you are trying to decide on a chassis. We want to know if you can hold a conversation without shouting at each other at 65mph on the Interstate. My DW biggest complaint on the Isata 3 is the road noise in the cab when traveling at highway speeds.

You are lucky to even find an Isata 5, much less drive one. Seems like most but them buy of orders or sight unseen. Now we have the new front suspension that has not even hit the dealer lots yet which would be a major factor in deciding on the Dodge chassis. We did notice the effort to get from the cab to the back was more difficult in the Isata 5 than in our Sprinter. That is not a deal breaker.

The CCC was 2283 lbs, now that was something to get excited about.
I bought from MHSRV and the reason there is no test drive is because all they want is you out the Door. I drove out July 27, 2019, in my new Isata 3 and 2hundred miles down the road the gen quit the fridge stopped, the water heater was nonfunctional and I noticed the window shade was missing. I notified them immediately and expressed my displeasure. their reply was too bad it's yours. I brought it back 3 days later and left it to be repaired. they called 4 days later and told me it was ready so I rented a car and drove the 200 miles to get it and when I ask for someone to bring me back from the rental company which was 7miles down the road, My salesperson said, "we are not a transportation company"! I was so furious at this point that when I managed to get back to my RV I got in it and drove home. Guess What? nothing was fixed. Iv'e been solving simple problems since like the fridge wouldn't work because the shipping tape was still on the vents. on and on and on. iv'e not been able to take a trip to this day. 11/26,2019
tl weathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 04:40 PM   #14
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tl weathers View Post
I bought from MHSRV and the reason there is no test drive is because all they want is you out the Door. I drove out July 27, 2019, in my new Isata 3 and 2hundred miles down the road the gen quit the fridge stopped, the water heater was nonfunctional and I noticed the window shade was missing. I notified them immediately and expressed my displeasure. their reply was too bad it's yours. I brought it back 3 days later and left it to be repaired. they called 4 days later and told me it was ready so I rented a car and drove the 200 miles to get it and when I ask for someone to bring me back from the rental company which was 7miles down the road, My salesperson said, "we are not a transportation company"! I was so furious at this point that when I managed to get back to my RV I got in it and drove home. Guess What? nothing was fixed. Iv'e been solving simple problems since like the fridge wouldn't work because the shipping tape was still on the vents. on and on and on. iv'e not been able to take a trip to this day. 11/26,2019
What is the last 6 of the VIN? I'll have my guys take a look.

Old 11-26-2019, 04:55 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
What is the last 6 of the VIN? I'll have my guys take a look.
the numbers are 740755. That BTW was just a bit of the disrespect I received. It's back there for three weeks as of Yesterday and I drove up there to look and talk to my service writer and I couldn't find her or my vehicle so after 2 hours I drove off and iv'e still not had a return call. I was counting on having it back Christmas.. Thank You
Terry Weathers
tl weathers is offline   Reply With Quote