RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 11-28-2020, 11:26 PM   #1
Former Tanker

2020 Isata-4 25FW Water Filter Access

For background, we bought a used 2020 Isata-4 25FW, under 5,000 miles, but still used, and from a non-Forest River dealer who went to extreme lengths to avoid doing anything beyond taking our money and handing over the keys. We paid to have a NRVIA Certified Inspector go through the coach prior to buying it, but how that turned out is a separate story.

The upshot is, a lot of things didn't get explained that would have been if we'd been 5,000 files earlier. Among them is the water filtration system.

After an email exchange with the factory and a forum search here that turned up a plumbing diagram Mr. Clemens had posted, I think I understand that the filter and cartridge are under (inside) the bed box. By peering down between the stationary bed box and the nightstand that is part of the slide, I did locate what appear to be several water hoses and some electrical wire, leading into that bed box cavity and presumably for the water pump and filter, as Mr. Clemens' diagram indicated.

One post in that earlier thread mentioned having to remove the plywood base that is the top of the bed box in order to access the filter, describing removing several screws to accomplish that. Is that, in fact, the only way to get access to replace the filter? If so, has anyone come up with a creative solution? Also, wouldn't that mean the slide has to be extended to perform that maintenance item?
X12AEsq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 07:30 AM   #2

I think the bed platform is similar to what we have in the Isata 5. One solution is to cut a access door and add a hinge like pictured below. This was not my mod, but posted by someone else on the Isata 5 Mods thread.

Where in S Texas are you located? I am outside New Braunfels.
Attached Images

Old 11-29-2020, 11:46 AM   #3
Former Tanker

Thanks for the photo

I'd agree that an access hatch would be a lot better solution than an access 4x8 plywood sheet. That may wind up being the best answer.

To answer your question, I'm in Fayette County; we're practically neighbors.
X12AEsq is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water, water filter