Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-12-2022, 02:15 PM   #21
Norwood Auto Italia

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailWayz View Post
Thanks, Brian. I will inquire again. When I first asked my local dealer, I was told they could not. I thought they meant, technically. Now that I know it CAN be done, I just need to find a dealer who will.
Few dealers are willing or able to do either of these and hence unable to service the TPMS.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210812_0857434.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	328.4 KB
ID:	277763   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210812_1053388.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	603.4 KB
ID:	277764  
vlamgat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2022, 07:27 AM   #22

There are ways to turn off the TPMS in the aftermarket world as well. a proper scan tool can do it.
Old 08-22-2022, 10:37 AM   #23

While trying to diagnose my G12 issues today, I discovered two unconnected wires labeled "212 TPMS". Before I start to work on the "fixes" others have come up with for the intermittent TPMS, I was wondering if these should be attached anywhere and if these leads are infact a part of the RAM TPMS?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_6192.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	174.1 KB
ID:	278135  
The Tatzlocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2022, 10:47 AM   #24
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tatzlocks View Post
While trying to diagnose my G12 issues today, I discovered two unconnected wires labeled "212 TPMS". Before I start to work on the "fixes" others have come up with for the intermittent TPMS, I was wondering if these should be attached anywhere and if these leads are infact a part of the RAM TPMS?
No, that is a generic harness form when we offered TPMS, before the OEM started offering it.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2022, 07:59 AM   #25
Commercial Member

Just to add to this lunacy.

Ram keeps telling customers "its because they stretch the chassis"....and customers then keep coming to us say, "its not Ram it's you, fix it".

OK, if that is the case, HOW does Ram offer an option for additional "Trailer Tire Sensors"?

My engineers asked about using the trailer sensors on the rear wheels or whatever booster they use, since those can obviously send signals a longer distance. The response from Ram was that "there is no method to increase the signal strength for the trailer tpms sensors. If they don't sync, we tell them to move the wheel up to the bumper of the truck to sync" (still further than our wheels would be)

I'm not saying that the electrical systems in the house portion (inverter, charger, etc) are not causing issues....but clearly they should have thought about that and it is clearly not distance.

As additional confirmation, Ram has canceled that feature for the cab chassis in 2023 MY. Problem solved, we will just put TST on.

Old 10-11-2022, 08:40 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlamgat View Post
This has been an ongoing problem for many users. There are some remedies so search the forum for things that have been tried.

My solution is covered in this thread:
https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...-a-240904.html
I’ve been fairly active on the other thread concerning this issue. I’ve moved the sensor up the wall behind the seat on the floor. Every time someone posts this fixed it by moving the sensor I’ve moved it. Nothing has worked.

vlamgat, do you have a photo of your mount “Next trip, try turning your antenna/sensor upside down and align it longitudinally”? There is nine pages of posts on the other thread. Maybe I don't have it as you are stating here. However, it’s currently on the floor and it doesn’t work for me. My Ram dealer keeps telling me the replacement sensors are on back order even though others have stated they have had theirs replaced.
Old 10-11-2022, 09:50 AM   #27
Commercial Member

I wonder if there was a way to get the harness extension that the 3500 has and move the module somewhere towards the back.

Interesting that the 3500 is behind the license plate, the 5500 is in the cab.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Ram_CC HD_Trailer TPM Users Guide_MY19+_R1.pdf (1.94 MB, 23 views)

Old 10-12-2022, 12:07 PM   #28
Norwood Auto Italia

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
I wonder if there was a way to get the harness extension that the 3500 has and move the module somewhere towards the back.

Interesting that the 3500 is behind the license plate, the 5500 is in the cab.
I think that extension and the license plate mounting is for the Trailer system only?
Old 10-12-2022, 12:35 PM   #29
Norwood Auto Italia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lvnthedream View Post
I’ve been fairly active on the other thread concerning this issue. I’ve moved the sensor up the wall behind the seat on the floor. Every time someone posts this fixed it by moving the sensor I’ve moved it. Nothing has worked.

vlamgat, do you have a photo of your mount “Next trip, try turning your antenna/sensor upside down and align it longitudinally”? There is nine pages of posts on the other thread. Maybe I don't have it as you are stating here. However, it’s currently on the floor and it doesn’t work for me. My Ram dealer keeps telling me the replacement sensors are on back order even though others have stated they have had theirs replaced.
Picture attached showing the sensor upside down, longitudinally, mounted behind the cab partition and close to the slide. I have temporarily taped it down with clear Gorilla tape because I was unsure of its efficacy.

However a break through this week: just completed 3000 miles from TX to VA and back and not one single drop out. The solution: I removed all the electronic gizmos and tools I had placed under my Dinette seats.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	TPMS sensor mounting.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	463.3 KB
ID:	280343  
Old 10-13-2022, 01:13 AM   #30

I have a 2022 30fw Explorer. All six of my tire sensors are intermittent. I have the equalizer systems on the rear so I’m relatively sure I’m not having a blowout when the sensor drops off one or both tires on one side. They have thus far always come back on, sometimes quickly, often it takes quite a while. I hate it. It’s thus far the worst part of the rv. I’m learning to live with it but it really concerns my wife. I’d pay for an upgrade to solve it.
wposey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2022, 08:38 AM   #31
Norwood Auto Italia

Quote:
Originally Posted by wposey View Post
I have a 2022 30fw Explorer. All six of my tire sensors are intermittent. I have the equalizer systems on the rear so I’m relatively sure I’m not having a blowout when the sensor drops off one or both tires on one side. They have thus far always come back on, sometimes quickly, often it takes quite a while. I hate it. It’s thus far the worst part of the rv. I’m learning to live with it but it really concerns my wife. I’d pay for an upgrade to solve it.
Have you tried any of the protocols described on this thread?
Old 10-13-2022, 08:54 AM   #32
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wposey View Post
I've already offered up a solution using the TST system that we use on the M2 trucks. Available form parts, you would just need to disable the TPSM system in the dash. Local dealer can do it...though someone said the customer can with a PIN.

Also, Ram dropped the TPMS for the 5500 cab chassis, sometime in their 2022 model year due to all the problems.

Old 10-15-2022, 02:26 PM   #33

RAM TPMS challenge

After Ram replaced all of my TPMS sensors several months ago, the front sensors have not faulted in 3K+ miles! Driver rear sensors work 80% of the time and passenger side rears work maybe 40% of the time. Far better than the original sensors, but not satisfactory.
The service advisor tells me their "visiting factory engineer" indicated it was radio interference (e.g., ambulances consistently have this problem). I pointed out I don't have a VHF mobile radio. No satisfactory response yet and no mention of vehicle length being the root cause. To be continued

Any possibility the Firefly / G12 might explain this? To my recollection, all of the G12 electronics and wiring sits fairly close to the passenger side rear tires and that is where the rear sensors are the least reliable on my 2022 28SS X?
Cheers,
SParkie
SParkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2022, 02:27 PM   #34
Commercial Member

We gave them frequencies on all of our stuff....tail lights and running lights included. None of them were in the range of their TPMS sensors.

Old 10-15-2022, 03:01 PM   #35

Thanks, that's good to know.
Old 10-15-2022, 03:17 PM   #36

Brian, can you tell if our 2023 30 FW will have Ram tpms or not ? It is currently being built at the factory.
Thanks a lot, Richard Floores
Richard Floores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2022, 03:20 PM   #37
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Floores View Post
Brian, can you tell if our 2023 30 FW will have Ram tpms or not ? It is currently being built at the factory.
Thanks a lot, Richard Floores
No idea. They can’t seem to tell me when they stopped installing them. Trying to get that answer.

Old 10-15-2022, 05:55 PM   #38
Norwood Auto Italia

Quote:
Originally Posted by SParkie View Post
After Ram replaced all of my TPMS sensors several months ago, the front sensors have not faulted in 3K+ miles! Driver rear sensors work 80% of the time and passenger side rears work maybe 40% of the time. Far better than the original sensors, but not satisfactory.
The service advisor tells me their "visiting factory engineer" indicated it was radio interference (e.g., ambulances consistently have this problem). I pointed out I don't have a VHF mobile radio. No satisfactory response yet and no mention of vehicle length being the root cause. To be continued

SParkie
Have you separated and moved your antenna. Try placing it on the floor behind the bulkhead. Also remove electronics and tools from your dinette storage if you have that option.

G12 is very "undense" installation installed 4 feet above the wheels on the P/S side. Personally I think the generator is the culprit allied with a low power wheel transmitter. The TST units had the same problem on my Renegade which was solved by using their higher powered pass through units that have a larger internal antenna.
Old 10-16-2022, 02:53 PM   #39

Wink

vlamgat,
Thanks for the suggestions. I too have been looking at that gen set. If I'm not mistaken, it appears to have a metal lining above it (I'm assuming that is for fire safety). That said, just more metal shielding between the antenna and the D/S dualies. What has me puzzled is the D/S dualies work so much better than the other side? Not perfect, but significantly better after RAM warrantied the sensors several months ago.
Curiously, when RAM installed the new sensors, they offset the valve stems on the D/S by 72 degrees. However, the P/S valve stems are not offset. I plan on having the stems on both dualies offset by 180 degrees. If it solves it, yay! If the symptoms change and the D/S behaves like the front sensors, I'll look at some grounded shielding between the G12 and the P/S. My fallback will be to DC the stock sensors and go TST sensors on a Crossfire equalizer/hoses with STV fittings. At least the valve stems will be in the right position.
Cheers,
SParkie
Old 10-17-2022, 03:25 PM   #40
Norwood Auto Italia

What do you mean by "offset the valve stems"? The stem has nothing to do with the innards (transmitter/antenna) and can be pointed in any direction to suit the air up process.

Tags
tpms