Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-05-2022, 03:14 PM   #1

2020 Isata 5 Upgraded Slide Mechanism

I am considering the purchase of a used Isata 5 30FW. The seller indicates that the unit was recently back at the factory "to install the UPGRADED slide mechanism". I spoke directly with this seller on the phone and everything he says sounds reasonable and makes sense. But, in my research on this forum, I know of many slide "issues", but have not heard of an upgraded slide mechanism. In my phone discussion with the seller, I don't think he knew if it had larger motor(s) installed, or a different slide, or what exactly comprised "upgraded" slide mechanism.

Anyone know anything about this?

Additionally, this particular unit experienced a Cummins high pressure fuel pump failure and he had it repaired (apparently at considerable cost due the failure creating "debris" throughout the fuel system. He said the Ram received an "upgraded" high pressure fuel pump and further he says he believes that the 2020 (maybe other years) Dodge Rams have a recall on those fuel pumps. He further states that since his has been replaced, his unit would not have to go thru the recall.

Anyone know anything about a recall on the high pressure fuel pump on the 2020 Dodge Ram Cummins engines?

I just want to do my homework before jumping into the deep end of the pool.

I am aware that the newer Isata 5 30FW have gone to 2 slides, probably to address the slide / slide mechanism issues existent on the 1 slide units.

Thanks in advance. So much information in this forum that it becomes a deciding factor in which manufacturer to go with, because no-one has a forum as valuable as this one.
Regards
Mdavis501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2022, 05:44 AM   #2

I can't comment on the slide but there is a recall for the Ram chassis fuel pump. Currently there is no fix as pumps are in short supply. So maybe you would have the new pump due to the failure of the old one.
Mike946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2022, 07:34 AM   #3
Commercial Member

Slide is bigger motors and a part that we have machined ourselves to handle the higher torque. The switch has to change along with a harness as I recall. That is all.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2022, 02:00 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdavis501 View Post

Anyone know anything about a recall on the high pressure fuel pump on the 2020 Dodge Ram Cummins engines?

I just want to do my homework before jumping into the deep end of the pool.
Homework step 1: search this forum for Ram Fuel Pump - there are several posts covering the issue in detail.

Hint - if you start a google search with then add the search text, it only searches the Dynamax forum, instead of all FRF.
Desert Boat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2022, 05:09 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Slide is bigger motors and a part that we have machined ourselves to handle the higher torque. The switch has to change along with a harness as I recall. That is all.
Wow, thank you. So, if I purchase this older 30fw, I am essentially getting the factory fix for this considerable issue.

To me, that is huge.

Thank you as always for chiming in on critical key questions.

Mike
Old 05-07-2022, 10:14 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdavis501 View Post
I am considering the purchase of a used Isata 5 30FW. The seller indicates that the unit was recently back at the factory "to install the UPGRADED slide mechanism". I spoke directly with this seller on the phone and everything he says sounds reasonable and makes sense. But, in my research on this forum, I know of many slide "issues", but have not heard of an upgraded slide mechanism. In my phone discussion with the seller, I don't think he knew if it had larger motor(s) installed, or a different slide, or what exactly comprised "upgraded" slide mechanism.

Anyone know anything about this?
Brian mentioned the bigger motors and heavier parts. You might consider sending him the last seven digits of the VIN, so he can confirm that was the update to your prospective vehicle.
"Always bypass the water heater before opening the low-point drains."
Sticks and Bricks: Raleigh, NC
2008 Cherokee 38P: at Ivor, VA permanently
Larry-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2022, 10:33 AM   #7

Vin lookup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry-NC View Post
Brian mentioned the bigger motors and heavier parts. You might consider sending him the last seven digits of the VIN, so he can confirm that was the update to your prospective vehicle.
I didn’t realize he would do this! Pretty amazing.
Old 05-28-2022, 12:52 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Have to ask Is that upgrade kid available for purchase to be installed by our highly regarded RV technician? I know, if it ain't broke don't fix it. However, Murphy's law always gets us at the wrong time, and we live by prevention is the success to a better outcome.
2021 Isata 5 30FW, VIN LG136525
msusslin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2022, 10:37 AM   #9
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by msusslin View Post
Have to ask Is that upgrade kid available for purchase to be installed by our highly regarded RV technician? I know, if it ain't broke don't fix it. However, Murphy's law always gets us at the wrong time, and we live by prevention is the success to a better outcome.
2021 Isata 5 30FW, VIN LG136525
It is not at this time. We take on the warranty when we choose to make the change. LCI is of the hook as we are modifying their system.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, upgrade