Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-30-2022, 06:12 PM   #1

2021 DX3 theater seats not extending

Hey all
I wanted to see if someone had an easy fix of me missing something
Just started a long trip and went to extend seats. One works as should
Second one the buttons light up when pushed. Vibrate and heat work properly. But will not extend
I canít see a wire into the motor that possibly came loose when driving but have basically zero access with it stuck closed
Trying to look under the one that will extend
I tried to reset by unplugging and replugging in but same result
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
Craig
rcraighughes1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2022, 06:13 PM   #2

Was suppose to say theatre seats
Love autocorrect
Old 05-31-2022, 07:25 AM   #3
Commercial Member

Are they plugged into 110V or 12V.

There is a known issue with the 12V wired seats where it overloads the converter. However, I think that affects both of them. So if only one is doing it, I am not sure that is the case. Also, if they are plugged into 110V, that is also not the case.
If "Search this Forum" does not yield an answer, please post questions as a "New Thread" (instead of sending a private message) so that others can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only.

Don't forget to subscribe to our YouTube page for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 07:37 AM   #4

Three plugs
All into 110
One for power to each control and then another that Iím not sure what it does. I tried to unplug and replying it as well but didnít change anything
Old 05-31-2022, 07:40 AM   #5
Commercial Member

I do think there are (2) wires that merge and go to the 110V brick. Slide motor and then heat/massage. The backs come off, but I am not 100% sure that gives you access to the wires. I'll have to try and look at one online if someone else doesn't chime in.
If "Search this Forum" does not yield an answer, please post questions as a "New Thread" (instead of sending a private message) so that others can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only.

Don't forget to subscribe to our YouTube page for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/
Old 05-31-2022, 07:41 AM   #6

Thanks
Letís hope someone has an easy fix
Right now itís an inconvenience as trip is for whole month of June but at least one I could live with if I have to
Old 06-02-2022, 08:26 AM   #7

I was messing with our theater seats last weekend as I found the backs weren't completely 'locked' into place. There is a small tab (probably 1/4" and bent) that comes out of the bracket the back slides into. If you reach in between the cushion and back you can get to it. Just pull on the bottom part of the hook while lifting the back on that side, repeat on the other side and the back should slide up/off. There was a wiring connector that hooks the two together, assuming it is for the motor, who knows. Everything is pretty easily reachable after the backs are removed.

On a side note, ours are just a touch too close to the window, wondering how easy it would be to gain ~ 1/2" of clearance so that the seat backs don't make contact with the window openers, don't want something to eventually break.

Jim
CyberShanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 01:07 PM   #8

Settings...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcraighughes1 View Post
Was suppose to say theatre seats
Love autocorrect
Go to the "Settings" section of your device (phone/tablet/computer) and change the language from En-US to En-UK to prevent that mis-correction from happening.

Sticks and Bricks: Raleigh, NC
2008 Cherokee 38P: at Ivor, VA permanently
Larry-NC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2022, 10:21 PM   #9

Just getting back to this as been busy with kids in south padre
Iíll try and remove backs tomorrow and check connections
Old 08-07-2022, 05:59 PM   #10

Easy if I knew what circuit the recliner was on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcraighughes1 View Post
Thanks
Letís hope someone has an easy fix
Right now itís an inconvenience as trip is for whole month of June but at least one I could live with if I have to
I looked via other forums and Lippert suggest you need to shut the power down for 10 min. I still have not found which circuit shuts down these seats. I am not even sure if they are 12 volt or 110volt.

Getting tired working on my brand new RV while in Ouray, Co.
Old 08-07-2022, 06:25 PM   #11
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by twp5253 View Post
I looked via other forums and Lippert suggest you need to shut the power down for 10 min. I still have not found which circuit shuts down these seats. I am not even sure if they are 12 volt or 110volt.

Getting tired working on my brand new RV while in Ouray, Co.
12V

Old 08-07-2022, 06:47 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
12V

Helpful to be sure. Thank you! Now, could you give me an idea how to turn the 12volt off?

I have turned off 4 of the biggest 12 Volt switches in the coach....yes, one was to the engine/start batteries but I was desperate. Nothing seems to make the cup holder lights go out?
Old 08-07-2022, 07:00 PM   #13
Commercial Member

Two red switches in the bay, one should be solar, one should be main house disconnect.

If you are precision plex, you can pull the fuse to the recliners. Or if you can get behind them (seat backs come off) you can just pull the plug.

Are you plugged in when hitting the disconnects? I see no reason why that would not work.

Old 08-07-2022, 07:10 PM   #14

Quote:
Two red switches in the bay, one should be solar, one should be main house disconnect.

If you are precision plex, you can pull the fuse to the recliners. Or if you can get behind them (seat backs come off) you can just pull the plug.

Are you plugged in when hitting the disconnects? I see no reason why that would not work.
I have the Precision Plex and I don't see which one would apply? Nothing says recliner or even close.
I can't get the back of the seats off ....I have limited strength due to a rotator cuff injury that I will address after my Oct. Visit to your location.

Now, I do see a really healthy red/black cable going to the seats and I could cut that if required. I think I have a splice to put it back after cutting the black.
Old 08-07-2022, 07:25 PM   #15
Commercial Member

I would not advise cutting any wires.

They were originally 110V powered seats. The supplier was also asking us to go 12V which matched their other customers....so we converted them over. However, its a 24V motor. So it instead of going 110V to 24V, it is going 12V to 24V and it is that inverter/power block that seems to be tripping when the circuit is overloaded. The long term fix is to get it back to the 110V adaptor (that actually ship with the seat). The short term is normally just to disconnect power to reset it...so far that has worked every time. I am not sure what circuit we tied into though...maybe slide overhead lights?

Old 08-07-2022, 08:33 PM   #16

Found IT, Fixed IT!

Quote:
I would not advise cutting any wires.

They were originally 110V powered seats. The supplier was also asking us to go 12V which matched their other customers....so we converted them over. However, its a 24V motor. So it instead of going 110V to 24V, it is going 12V to 24V and it is that inverter/power block that seems to be tripping when the circuit is overloaded. The long term fix is to get it back to the 110V adaptor (that actually ship with the seat). The short term is normally just to disconnect power to reset it...so far that has worked every time. I am not sure what circuit we tied into though...maybe slide overhead lights?

I tried a bunch associated with that side of the coach... NO joy.
Then it dawned on me that when I pulled apart the box under the dinette seat, I saw wires for the USB. So, I pulled the 15 amp USB Outlet circuit and the lights were out on the recliner! I then let them stay off for 5 min.

Plugged back in and I get to watch a movie tonight all reclined! Thank you Brian!!!!!

Tags
2021, dx3