Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-14-2021, 05:29 AM   #1

2021 Force 37TS dinette sag

The dinette table on my Force sags, significantly from the wall to the center end, perhaps 3/4". Quite noticeable out of level. I don't see any adjustment on the bracket. I can lift the end and the mechanism has a space where the lower support against the wall has spaces that I suppose I could put some metal shims in. Wondered if anyone else has had this issue, and if there is an adjustment I am missing. I hope there is. If there is not, maybe there should be.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Dinette bracket.pdf (2.55 MB, 334 views)

2021 Force 37TS (Detroit DD8)
2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
2020 Isata-5 36DS (traded in)
Invisibleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 08:17 AM   #2

Looking at the pic is suspect the lower part which is narrow has caused the wall to compress somewhat I think what I would do is make a 6x6 or larger backing plate to go under that lower section which would shim it out pause provide better support. I you try this make sure you losses all the support screws then insert the plate and retighten. good luck let the forum know how you solve the problem.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 02:08 PM   #3

Yes, I do believe the wall has bowed in a bit. Not surprising considering the angles and stress their must be on that lower contact point when the table is bouncing up and down on road bumps. I had planned on shims, but I like your idea better. I'll see what I can make up. Need to get that plate to span the studs for sure. It actually seems the vertical component of the bracket lands right on a stud, but the sound, and the wall covering seam is right there. Can't really figure how the stud would have allowed any inward bow. I believe they are square aluminum studs? I'll report back.

Old 07-14-2021, 02:13 PM   #4

Our table did the same thing, I installed a piece of flat aluminum with 3M VHB tape in the gap, leveled it perfectly.
Old 07-14-2021, 02:19 PM   #5

What thickness, if you recall. Although it's likely different in each situation. I'm going to guess, 1/8". That's about what mine is going to take. Hopefully BC will take note, as probably need some more beef at the point in the wall. I've even thought of putting a removeable leg towards the end of the table. I remember a small boat my parents had, with a dinette the had a leg, which was basically a piece of pipe, threaded on one end, and a threaded flange that was permanently screwed to the underneath of the table.

Old 07-14-2021, 02:28 PM   #6
Commercial Member

It's not the wall....the wall has plywood, stud to stud under the window that was there for the Dream Dinette. More likely it is how that part is machined. I know who makes it and will test one before the top is installed.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2021, 08:21 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
More likely it is how that part is machined.
I have the same issue and question the machining also.
MAC D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2021, 12:01 PM   #8

1/8" x 3/4" flat stock aluminum. Simple fix.
Old 07-16-2021, 12:41 PM   #9

I had the same issue with my 2021 DX3 but to a greater degree--about 1.75" of slope end-to-end. I was able to remove roughly half of the slope by inserting washers under the table at each screw.

See the attached pic for how I installed about seven washers at the closest screws to the aisle then one or two less at the next screws as I made my way toward the wall, etc.

To address the remaining slope, I was thinking of adding a piece of metal at the wall plate as another poster stated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0669 flattened.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	329.1 KB
ID:	259218  
Gregarious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2021, 01:59 PM   #10
Commercial Member

I've got our guy checking to see if it slopes from the start and we just don't notice, or if it is sagging after the fact? Different solutions depending on that answer.

Old 07-16-2021, 07:28 PM   #11

We had the same issue. Simple fix by Performance RV.Click image for larger version

Name:	20210716_202342.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	259228
Old 07-16-2021, 07:32 PM   #12

Simple fix is good I think I would have used metal but what a great way to go better then my Idea and much easier.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2021, 07:35 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
I've got our guy checking to see if it slopes from the start and we just don't notice, or if it is sagging after the fact? Different solutions depending on that answer.

Ours slopes as well. I haven’t measured it, but it slopes. Must be at the start.
“Breathe in, Breathe out, Move on”
MoJoe1003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2021, 08:16 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDog View Post
Simple fix is good I think I would have used metal but what a great way to go better then my Idea and much easier.
It is a metal plate.
Old 07-17-2021, 12:01 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by MouseHouse View Post
We had the same issue. Simple fix by Performance RV.Attachment 259228

Our 2021 Force does the same thing. I was going to shim it just like this when we get home next week.
TheF1sh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2021, 05:09 AM   #16

Why not just level your coach using the table as the reference?

Bruce
Old 07-24-2021, 09:52 AM   #17

I think there is simply too much weight for the geometry of that bracket. Somethings got to give. If you can see on the attached photo, which is a bit dark, of the table bracket on a Renegade, notice the angled support goes nearly to the floor. That makes a lot of sense. Where can you get that bracket? Also, interesting there are 120vac and USB outlets at the table top level. Never liked crawling under the table to get to those on the Dynamax.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Renegade dinette support.JPG
Views:	59
Size:	29.5 KB
ID:	259733  

Old 07-24-2021, 10:30 AM   #18
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invisibleman View Post
I think there is simply too much weight for the geometry of that bracket. Somethings got to give. If you can see on the attached photo, which is a bit dark, of the table bracket on a Renegade, notice the angled support goes nearly to the floor. That makes a lot of sense. Where can you get that bracket? Also, interesting there are 120vac and USB outlets at the table top level. Never liked crawling under the table to get to those on the Dynamax.
This right here is a perfect example of my post #56 on this thread. https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...-234029-3.html

1. That table top you are point out as "better" is a dream dinette mechanism. We used that for years and just switched off of it for two reasons. (So what they are doing is pretty much what we were doing, but found that it has some draw backs)
A: That long angle that goes to the wall and gets in the way of your knees (got complaints). If it is only ever two in the dinette, then maybe that would not bother anyone. But when we try to seat 3 or 4, someone's knees was hitting that bar.
B: it can be noisy and rattles. The table, by design, has moving parts, brackets, nylon shims and when it starts rattling it is annoying. It is also very easy to stop just by putting a bag of supplies against it to hold the top...but I know others have complained and I have witnessed it myself.

2. The outlets and cup holders in that image, encroach the table surface area. We also did those wrap around cushions and yet again we stopped because you could not seat 4 comfortably. So a removable cushion/pillow accomplishes the same thing.

There is just no way for us to accommodate everyone's individual needs, but that is where very minor tweaks by the end consumer can tailor it to their specific style/use.

If you only ever 2 people, a dream dinette is just fine....but you can't really convert it to a four person booth. With the table mech that we run today, you can fit four and modify it for two.

The sag can be easily corrected as others have done. Also, if it is only the two of you, you could easily add a pop-up counter outlet and plug it into the lower outlet.

Old 07-24-2021, 10:55 AM   #19

I didn't say the bracket was "better," I said it appeared the geometry from the photo "makes sense". And, I had noticed the potential for inner seating legroom conflicts. As would an outer support post, which has been offered as an alternative. But I certainly wouldn't tolerate a rattling table if that is the case. I'm not sold on the shim fix, because I still am not sure why it sagged in the first place, and I am still uncomfortable with the geometry of the current bracket, potentially placing too much stress on the mounting points, shims or not. I'm even careful getting in and out of the booth so as not to put too much weight on the table when I get in and out, which is a natural function of that seating process to slide yourself in/out. As for seating, I get it's hard to please everyone, but that's not the point. For me, I'm just two (often one) and usually sitting at the outer 3rd of the table, and it seems like lots of the folks on the Dynamax forum (at least the M2's), are pretty much two's also, unless you have a BH model. Maybe not. But a solution that doesn't work (sags) isn't a solution to pleasing anyone. I might just pickup a dream dinette mount and give it a try. If I do, I'll report back on rattle issue. Would you have a name or link for a 120v/usb corded outlet center that could be placed on the table?

Old 07-24-2021, 11:00 AM   #20
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invisibleman View Post
I didn't say the bracket was "better," I said it appeared the geometry from the photo "makes sense". And, I had noticed the potential for inner seating legroom conflicts. As would an outer support post, which has been offered as an alternative. But I certainly wouldn't tolerate a rattling table if that is the case. I'm not sold on the shim fix, because I still am not sure why it sagged in the first place, and I am still uncomfortable with the geometry of the current bracket, potentially placing too much stress on the mounting points, shims or not. I'm even careful getting in and out of the booth so as not to put too much weight on the table when I get in and out, which is a natural function of that seating process to slide yourself in/out. As for seating, I get it's hard to please everyone, but that's not the point. For me, I'm just two (often one) and usually sitting at the outer 3rd of the table, and it seems like lots of the folks on the Dynamax forum (at least the M2's), are pretty much two's also, unless you have a BH model. Maybe not. But a solution that doesn't work (sags) isn't a solution to pleasing anyone. I might just pickup a dream dinette mount and give it a try. If I do, I'll report back on rattle issue. Would you have a name or link for a 120v/usb corded outlet center that could be placed on the table?
My mistake, you are correct. Your comment "That makes a lot of sense. Where can you get that bracket?" led me to believe that you thought it was better. That was not your statement, and I pride myself on accuracy.

As a side note....we are not the first to use that bracket. Either Newmar or Entegra used that bracket first. I am 90% sure it was Entegra.

As for the outlet, there are lots out there. I went to Amazon (my go to) and put in "pop-up outlet".

results https://www.amazon.com/s?k=pop+up+outlet&ref=nb_sb_noss

I don't know that one is any better than the rest...we have used all black and some gray ones. Supplier changes on what we can get.

Tags
2021, dinette