Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-21-2021, 02:11 PM   #1

2021 Isata 3 Dinette table too high

Purchased our 2021 Dynamax Isata 3, received unit in August 2021. The table is too high. I researched the forums and all the responses were to cut a couple inches off the top of the pedestal leg. All the responses were before middle of 2020. I just wanted to make sure I had not missed another option.

Thanks,
The retiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 02:28 PM   #2
DBM

My 2019 Isata 24CB came with a U Shaped Dinette and I never thought the table felt right. And the benches were extremely uncomfortable to sit in to watch TV at night. I ended up pulling the whole dinette set out and bought a 3 piece couch set to install. Very nice. Leather, kick outs, and reclines. Even heated seats and vibrating back. Bought at one of the surplus furniture outlets near Elkhart, IN for about $1000. I installed it myself and could could not be happier. I'll use a nice TV tray if I ever eat inside. Pix available if you'd like.
Dean - Indianapolis
DBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 03:16 PM   #3
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The retiree View Post
Purchased our 2021 Dynamax Isata 3, received unit in August 2021. The table is too high. I researched the forums and all the responses were to cut a couple inches off the top of the pedestal leg. All the responses were before middle of 2020. I just wanted to make sure I had not missed another option.

Thanks,
That is correct, If it is an aluminum looking pole...only cut the end with the black plastic insert. The bottom is tapered and seats snuggly into the pedestal. The top is just round (not tapered)

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 03:19 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBM View Post
My 2019 Isata 24CB came with a U Shaped Dinette and I never thought the table felt right. And the benches were extremely uncomfortable to sit in to watch TV at night. I ended up pulling the whole dinette set out and bought a 3 piece couch set to install. Very nice. Leather, kick outs, and reclines. Even heated seats and vibrating back. Bought at one of the surplus furniture outlets near Elkhart, IN for about $1000. I installed it myself and could could not be happier. I'll use a nice TV tray if I ever eat inside. Pix available if you'd like.
Dean - Indianapolis
Thanks, not at RV now, but does the plastic insert come out and then go back in after cutting pedestal?
Old 07-21-2021, 03:24 PM   #5
Commercial Member

Quote:
Thanks, not at RV now, but does the plastic insert come out and then go back in after cutting pedestal?
In theory...the plastic insert is either to keep the tube "round" or it is there so you don't have a sharp edge. I'm not sure it is very critical either way

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 04:09 PM   #6
Kanadian Kamper

The floor plans of a number of Sunseeker and Forester motorhomes are basically identical to the Isata 3 offerings.

The aluminium looking pole is made by the “ABC Aluminum Pole Company” not any division of Forest River.

They’re all too long. Just cut it down starting at 2”, try it, then in one inch increments until it meets your desire. Cut too much, and you’ll be in trouble.

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 05:34 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenandterry View Post
The floor plans of a number of Sunseeker and Forester motorhomes are basically identical to the Isata 3 offerings.

The aluminium looking pole is made by the “ABC Aluminum Pole Company” not any division of Forest River.

They’re all too long. Just cut it down starting at 2”, try it, then in one inch increments until it meets your desire. Cut too much, and you’ll be in trouble.

Forgive my intrusion but I recall a discussion years ago about the table poles being manufactured by a different company. Dynamax was using a beefier pole. I will look for that name, I am sure I saved it.

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 05:38 PM   #8

I found an old thread where it was stated Springfield was manufacture of Dynamax table poles. I looked at there website and diameter of post matches - 2 3/8 tapering down to 2 1/4.
Old 07-21-2021, 06:51 PM   #9

Quote:
I found an old thread where it was stated Springfield was manufacture of Dynamax table poles. I looked at there website and diameter of post matches - 2 3/8 tapering down to 2 1/4.
Good, You saved me from looking. Especially good since it didn’t take long for me to forget to look.

Www.springfieldgrp.com

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 10:13 AM   #10

Thanks everyone for the help! Took the table post and cut 2 inches off this morning and it feels much better sitting in Dinette. We will use it like this for a while and see if it needs any fine tuning! I cut the post with chop saw with non-ferrous metal blade.
Old 07-26-2021, 02:37 AM   #11

We have Sunseeker MBS. The table was too tall, we cut ours off 4 inches. Son used a portable band saw. I wasn't comfortable to use as tall as it was.
Desertsquid is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2021, dinette