Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-26-2020, 08:50 PM   #1

2021 Isata 5 Frigidaire refrigerator light cover missing

Click image for larger version

Name:	light cover missing.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	23.9 KB
ID:	241983

Our residential Frigidaire refrigerator has no light cover. We have been told by the dealer that they don't come with a light cover from the factory. It seems odd as there are attachment openings. Is that correct?
msusslin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 08:28 AM   #2

They obviously come with a light cover. Send your picture to the Dynamax parts contact for your region. They will take care of you.

https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
Old 10-27-2020, 08:30 AM   #3
Commercial Member

lol...I wish I could get away with that.

Uh, our motorhomes don't come with a refrigerator. We just show one as an example in the event you installed one yourself. I would save thousands!!!!

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 08:46 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkman55 View Post
They obviously come with a light cover. Send your picture to the Dynamax parts contact for your region. They will take care of you.

https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
The dealer checked with Dynamax and were told that that model refrigerator does not have a light cover. Certainly hard to believe given the attachment openings. Wife is really concerned that accidently breaking the light bulb is a real possibility.
Old 10-27-2020, 08:48 AM   #5

Ignore what the dealer said and contact Dynamax. BTW, who is the dealer?
Old 10-27-2020, 09:08 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkman55 View Post
Ignore what the dealer said and contact Dynamax. BTW, who is the dealer?
DiMartini and we got great service from them. The parts manager at the dealer received a light fixture cover which did not fit and subsequently was told by the Dynamax representative that the model does not come with a light cover. I did see the email from the Dynamax representative Sara E stating that. I send an email to Sara and she's checking with Frigidaire again.
Old 10-27-2020, 09:09 AM   #7
Dynamax - Warranty, Parts

Frigidaire.....

Well in this case the dealer is not to blame, Frigidaire is. This is kind of a sore subject for me as I had to once eat a plate of crow over this. You are 100% correct it absolutely looks like there should be a cover. According to Frigidaire there isn't. In fact if you look at the parts breakdown list for the fridge it has everything listed. Never once calls out a light cover.

I had once promised a customer that I could get them one no problem, because I didn't know any better at the time.

I actually just came from BC's office. I have a 2021 30FW here for service right now for some minor items and ran out and got a pic for him since we have now switched to GE. He didn't realize that was the case either.

My best guess is that they originally intended to make a cover and then didn't for one reason or another.
ddobecki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 09:20 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddobecki View Post
Well in this case the dealer is not to blame, Frigidaire is. This is kind of a sore subject for me as I had to once eat a plate of crow over this. You are 100% correct it absolutely looks like there should be a cover. According to Frigidaire there isn't. In fact if you look at the parts breakdown list for the fridge it has everything listed. Never once calls out a light cover.

I had once promised a customer that I could get them one no problem, because I didn't know any better at the time.

I actually just came from BC's office. I have a 2021 30FW here for service right now for some minor items and ran out and got a pic for him since we have now switched to GE. He didn't realize that was the case either.

My best guess is that they originally intended to make a cover and then didn't for one reason or another.
Thank you for your response. The dealer did everything they could and Sara is doing her best to find out. I looked at the parts diagram and no cover on it. Without the cover the unit looks incomplete. What was the reason to switch to a GE unit? Wife will not be happy
Old 10-27-2020, 09:25 AM   #9
Dynamax - Warranty, Parts

I believe it was several factors. Quality, Warranty service, availability.

Frigidaire never gave any actual reasoning behind not having a cover. Only that there wasn't one available.
ddobecki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 09:34 AM   #10

Quote:

Frigidaire never gave any actual reasoning behind not having a cover. Only that there wasn't one available.
Based on the first 3 reasons should I buy a GE unit to get a light cover and a better unitClick image for larger version

Name:	light fixture diagram.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	242012

Yep that light fixture was designed for a cover but never got one designed. Disappointed, and is that why foreign competitors(Samsung) are killing the US manufacturers.
Old 10-27-2020, 09:37 AM   #11

Quote:

FYI My wife called Frigidaire 4 times to look into additional warranty protection and never received a call back. Are they still in business?
Old 10-27-2020, 10:10 AM   #12

The extended cover from Frigidaire did not cover use in MH at the time I looked at it back in 2017-18. Just check the exclusions before buying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by msusslin View Post
FYI My wife called Frigidaire 4 times to look into additional warranty protection and never received a call back. Are they still in business?
Old 10-27-2020, 10:47 AM   #13

I went out and took a picture of my Frigidaire in our 2021 Isata 5 30FW. Yep, no cover. We have not noticed it because the front controls and door switch are in front of the bulb opening.

As far as extended warranty, I am not one to buy those kind of things, but in this case you are dealing with a fridge that retails for $798. I tend to “self insure” that kind of thing and look at it this way, you can get that GE if this one goes out.

Residential fridge in RV’s have a lot of talk on the internet. Some claim they were not make to run down the road shaking back and forth and other like me have had no issues. I have read of a number of people having trouble getting them serviced inside an RV.

Just don’t plan on having any issues, it’s worked for me.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	395FF9EF-3BB5-422B-BD45-064A84B052AF.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	212.2 KB
ID:	242016   Click image for larger version

Name:	69C5CFF0-C857-4525-A718-6F8008938033.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	142.1 KB
ID:	242017  
Old 10-27-2020, 11:37 AM   #14
Norwood Auto Italia

One thing you might research is whether the fridge is in fact a Frigidaire or just a rebadged model made by another manufacturer who specified and installed a cover. US manufacturing has been outsourced for some time now and its quite possible this is product is masquerading under a US "name". I would start with the size specification and the year and see who made what in that configuration; then drill down into the interior parts...just applying some automotive logic here as I am buying Japanese made Corvette parts for Italian sports cars built 10 years earlier.
vlamgat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 11:50 AM   #15

Take the measurements of you cover mounting.

check here for compatible unit.

https://www.appliancepartspros.com/f...ator-lens.html

many GE parts fit Frigidaire.
Old 10-27-2020, 12:56 PM   #16

If it makes you feel any better I can tell you that after 67,000 miles of travel and more recently 18 months of full time living our uncovered light bulb is still in perfect health. And we have never resisted stacking items precariously close to it. (I actually had to walk over and open the door to verify that we in fact do not have a cover).

My suggestion: Spend/Save this time and energy for something that deserves it. There are surely more important parts of the coach to focus on.
Old 10-29-2020, 07:57 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOURWHL View Post
If it makes you feel any better I can tell you that after 67,000 miles of travel and more recently 18 months of full time living our uncovered light bulb is still in perfect health. And we have never resisted stacking items precariously close to it. (I actually had to walk over and open the door to verify that we in fact do not have a cover).

My suggestion: Spend/Save this time and energy for something that deserves it. There are surely more important parts of the coach to focus on.
Why accept workarounds if it could have been done right the first time. My workaround I use often is with my wife. Honey, sorry I will not let it happen again.
Old 10-30-2020, 12:48 PM   #18
Retired Army Paratrooper

I have had mine 4 years now and never a problem at all. As a matter of fact if mine had one would probably remove it because when not in use I prop fridge open to air out. Have to unscrew bulb to do this so light dosnt stay on. Tell her to relax she shouldn’t have a problem.
MasterBlaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 04:11 PM   #19

LOL, I didn't even notice until today that our fridge does not have a bulb cover either. Not real important given the location and surrounding "things" IMHO
Smart4Two Toad
CathyE is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cover, light, refrigerator